Skip navigation

My new ride...... 16500 original miles.... a lucky find....

Back to the top

My new ride...... 16500 original miles.... a lucky find....

Mudflaps, radio, aerial, seatbelts, LHS door mirror and locking petrol cap were all dealer fit. Also the rear wiper - Hella made a bolt on kit before it was available from the factory in '76. I can see the washer pump located off the front reservoir - from the factory it was in the boot. The head rests I am not convinced - for MY76 the LS came with separate headrests. So this might be from the factory as they are not easy to retrofit.

Nice to have original invoice!

Banner

Back to the top
I think you got a great deal if you paid the '76 price!

VAT at 8%!!!

Back to the top

kp73 said

I think you got a great deal if you paid the '76 price!

VAT at 8%!!!

And nice cheap road fund licence  :)

Back to the top

dubboy said

Mudflaps, radio, aerial, seatbelts, LHS door mirror and locking petrol cap were all dealer fit. Also the rear wiper - Hella made a bolt on kit before it was available from the factory in '76. I can see the washer pump located off the front reservoir - from the factory it was in the boot. The head rests I am not convinced - for MY76 the LS came with separate headrests. So this might be from the factory as they are not easy to retrofit.

Nice to have original invoice!

Looks like you're right about the headrests mate. In the 76 brochure, the Adjustable Head Restraints are listed as factory options…..

Back to the top
Yes, before '76 it was either no headrests ("low backs") or integrated ("tombstones").

The early 76 are interesting cars - no front swage line bonnet, no swallowtail, metal column switches, binlid heaters, diagonal door cards….

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

'65 Beetle
'74 Golf L
'75 Golf
'76 Golf L
'76 Golf LS
'76 Golf GTi
'77 Golf GTi
'78 Golf
'78 Golf GTi
'79 Golf GTi x2
'80 Golf GLi
'82 Golf GTi
'82 Golf GTi 16S
'83 Golf GTi Engineering mit Oettinger
'90 Golf G60 Limited
'09 Vectra VXR.

uh, is that a list of your current vehicles?!  Where do you keep them, in the dubboy VW museum?  Is it open for public viewing  :wink:

Back to the top

kp73 said

dubboy said

'65 Beetle
'74 Golf L
'75 Golf
'76 Golf L
'76 Golf LS
'76 Golf GTi
'77 Golf GTi
'78 Golf
'78 Golf GTi
'79 Golf GTi x2
'80 Golf GLi
'82 Golf GTi
'82 Golf GTi 16S
'83 Golf GTi Engineering mit Oettinger
'90 Golf G60 Limited
'09 Vectra VXR.

uh, is that a list of your current vehicles?!  Where do you keep them, in the dubboy VW museum?  Is it open for public viewing  :wink:

You beat me to it KP73, that's an awesome list of toys  :)

Back to the top
Love the colour, very 70's and what a find!

Back in the 80's our neighbour had a 3 door in the same colour with the herringbone interior, wonder where that is now?

I am currently feeling a lot of love for the 5 door now where a few years ago I didnt like them. In fact I have just got a new MK1 project so will start a thread soon but it is a little bit poorer condition than yours to say the least.

Back to the top

Frosty66 said

Oh yeah, mine's deffinately quite a bit different to that. Thanks for posting detail the photo's of yours   :)

I've checked on the original bill of sale from the main dealer and the fitting of the rear wash/wipe is listed on there amongst the extras. I'm guessing the dealers fitted different ones to the factory?

What a find, I love stuff like this and if this is all that you paid ^^^ then I am even more jealous 8O  :)

Sounds like it's in the right hands too, I would almost certainly 'ruin' it  :wink:

Back to the top

Flo-rida79 said

What a find, I love stuff like this and if this is all that you paid ^^^ then I am even more jealous 8O  :)

Sounds like it's in the right hands too, I would almost certainly 'ruin' it  :wink:

Thanks mate. It's so tempting to lower it and stick some period alloys on it but I'll keep it stock  :)

Back to the top
Dubboy keeps his cars in a place called 'Area 51' !!!!

Total lock down and restrict to 'eyes only' contact!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Dano said

Dubboy keeps his cars in a place called 'Area 51' !!!!

Total lock down and restrict to 'eyes only' contact!!!  :mrgreen:

You can't blame him with that collection  :wink:

Back to the top
Chuffed to see the Golf in the Feb edition of Ultra VW magazine  :)

V proud  :)

Back to the top
i feel like crying this car is so beautiful!  :D

good luck with it mate…. what a stunner!

1980 Series 1 GTI (gone now .. what a mistake selling her!)
1979 Series 1 LD - the Mandarin Dragon … gone as well. oh dear.

Back to the top
Thanks mate. All credit to the original owner though, I've done bugga all  :wink:

Back to the top
I'm glad it's gone to someone who's taking care of it properly. It could easily have gone to someone who would have ruined it. there's plenty around that are ripe for modifying, this is a museum quality car.

You should approach VW UK, they may offer you a good price for it.

Back to the top
Dont think Frosty is selling it is he ?

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

He once said the same about an Orange Ghia that I would've given my right arm for… sadly he wanted cash instead!! 8O

Frosty, how goes it?  Long time no see, the 944 has gone.  You'll be pleased to know the fuses are back in place in the TR though! :wink:

Back to the top
That is a fantastic find. All the very best with it.

Back to the top

Gony59 said

allana13 said

He once said the same about an Orange Ghia that I would've given my right arm for… sadly he wanted cash instead!! 8O

Frosty, how goes it?  Long time no see, the 944 has gone.  You'll be pleased to know the fuses are back in place in the TR though! :wink:

Woodo mate, all good thanks. Uni's all done now and sadly back to the real world of work  :roll:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.