Skip navigation

1984 VW Santana GX5

Back to the top

1984 VW Santana GX5

Yep :(

Bad news today.

Someone crashed into me in tescos car park and has put a rather large dent  in the drivers side wing. I got his details but we decided to not go through the insurance as they would probably write the car off. The guy works for Mercedes gp and lives in Germany. We decided that if he can find a pair of wings in Germany, we'll call it quits. I'll put a pic of the damage up soon.

Back to the top
Oh gutted for you mate, although I guess the potential up side is you couldn't have found a much better person to run in to you.

I hope he finds them for you ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Ah sh!t mate. Unbelievable luck :(

You say he lives in germany, does he also live here and was the car registered here? I hope he can source parts for you mate and it get's sorted.  :P  :P

Back to the top
Yeah he lives here and there. The car is reregistered over there. I hope he can find the bits too!

Poor old santana :(

Back to the top
The chap has found some fibreglass ones. Not sure whether to go for them or hold out for genuine ones?

Back to the top

golf1980 said

The chap has found some fibreglass ones. Not sure whether to go for them or hold out for genuine ones?

Hold out for genuine ones mate. Well I would anyway as they accident is his fault and he has admitted liability. You want the job doing properly and will you be left with the "could have had genuine if I waited" feeling if you go for these fibreglass ones?

If you're desperate to have her repaired of course then go for them ;)

Back to the top
i have finally managed to find a wing. man it is so hard to find parts for these cars!
in my searching i have found some very very rare badges!

this winter i will be mainly working crazy overtime hours to save for a respray and air suspension.
this car is going to be so awesome when im done with it!

Back to the top
:lol: If it ends up as nice as your series 1 it'll be a minter mate. Good luck with the overtime :)

Back to the top
Love it dude, can't wait to see it on air!

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Lovin it mate.

Saving for Air and a re-spray eh? So much for the cheap winter hack!  :lol:

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Now that's a turbo!!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Awesome love this! got the wing sorted?

Back to the top
Good to see you got the wing repaired.  I remember your Santana when Lawsy owned it.  Another badge for you I found in my garage.

Back to the top
Well I has been a while and the Santana was put aside whilst I pumped up my mk1 a bit. All was going well until it broke so I have been playing with this again. Poor old thing was feeling very neglected and was running terribly.
Spent some money and time tracking down bits for both this and the passat. Now it feels so good to drive!! So smooth and the 5 cylinder engine sounds incredible!  I forgot how awesome this car is :D 

Back to the top

watson said

Good to see you got the wing repaired.  I remember your Santana when Lawsy owned it.  Another badge for you I found in my garage.

Oh cool :) how much do you want for that? If you want to sell that is?

Back to the top

Back to the top
haha your crazy    
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.