Skip navigation

1984 VW Santana GX5

Back to the top

1984 VW Santana GX5

150,000 miles ticked over on the clock today.

Back to the top
not sure on the posrshe wheels ….

great winter hack though, love it

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
yeah. i agree with you Rich. the wheels dont really suit this car.

milage;

Back to the top

Back to the top
i have decided my plans for this car over the winter.
it has another friend now too(passat b2).
i am not going go mad with it. just fix the bodywork, give it a jolly good service, get new wheels, lower it more and sort the interior.

i'll put some good pics up soon

Back to the top
just a little update on my current daily.

I went over to my mates bodyshop and we rolled the arches, lowered the coilovers 60mm! and fitted the mahles.

what do you think?;

Back to the top

golf1980 said

a pic of the santana that i took the other day;

you need a better lens mate  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

golf1980 said

a pic of the santana that i took the other day;

you need a better lens mate  :wink:
Bert

Lol  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Sure thats not a pic of the "Savanna"??

Back to the top
Great car -
I remember my parents having one of these as a hire car back in 1985 - a rare sight back then too, but very comfortable in the rear.

R32GUY

1992 Rivage in Classic Blue Pearl "B16YUG" 2.0 TFSI, 6 Speed FWD with Quaife LSD, running on Air with sorted geometry and Eibach ARB's, G60 brake setup front and rear, 4x100 17" BBS LM's, Power Steering, Opening Quarter-lights, Mk2 electric recaros and the whole car trimmed by MJ Interiors in tan and Alcantara with a brown roof.

Back to the top
The back seats are amazing! I'm always jealous of anyone traveling in the back. When people come to my house I always make them sit in the back of the santana! Haha.

Back to the top
Well yesterday I went on a santana parts hoarding road trip. Covered 450 miles to get loads of stuff from a nice chap braking one of the manual gx5s. Spent all my Christmas present money! :s

Back to the top
This is class, never heard of one till today, and I've been to a fair whack of shows over the last 7 years.

Back to the top
Cheers mate. This is one of the reasons I'm fixing it up. You just don't see them at shows. Or anywhere to be honest!

Finding bits is a bit of hassle so when I found out that one was being broken, I was there! Can't really wait for the next one to get broken.

I missed out on the bumpers, headlights and grill :( I got pretty much everything else :D

Back to the top
well the santana has been getting some love recently. it really is an amazing car. it has been so reliable through the winter and handles great in the snow.

it had a full service, new front shocks, a bit of a tune up, a custom made 2 inch stainless exhaust(no cat or silencer) with a new back box and tailpipe. it sounds sooo good!

it went for its mot on tuesday and passed first time with NO advisories! i cant believe it. 29 years old and it flew through.
 respray next. then air….

Back to the top
Awesome. I love these things. Can't beat a dub with a boot

Isn't this the Audi 100 re-badged?

E ;)

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Not quite but they do look very similar. It is pretty much the same as a b2 passat saloon but with different grille and headlights. 

Back to the top
Awesome car for a daily. My inlaws has a Jetta years ago and that lasted for years and got handed on to about 5 different family members before it died.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
it has been the best daily ever. never failing through all weather. vw must have been building cars properly from around 1974 to just before they started making the mk3 :D

Back to the top
And it's been downhill ever since for them……. :ninja:  :ninja:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.