Skip navigation

1984 VW Santana GX5

Back to the top

1984 VW Santana GX5

bought it for 500 quid with tax and mot to use over the winter instead of the mk1.

145,000 od miles.

2ltr 5 cylinder fuel injected engine

auto box

electric windows and central locking(all work!)

one of the previous owners fitted a fluffy purple headliner for some reason. not sure wether to keep it in or not?

goes quite well, sounds like a monster!

pics to follow shortly….

Back to the top
some pics as promised. sorry that they are a little blurry. they were taken on my phone and the lens cover has a crack right through the middle.

trial fitted these wheels;

i am pleased with how they sit. need to find some long wheel bolts and locking ones too. also need to lower the back a little more and do some arch work so they dont damage the tyres.

Rich

Back to the top
That's Lawsy's old Santana, it used to have a purple roof too :)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
still got its purple headlining. the previous owner painted the roof black.

Back to the top
I didn't mean the headlining, the outside of the roof was purple. :lol:

James

Back to the top
Here is a pic of it at Dubs at the park in 2010

James

Back to the top
cool pic. thanks for that.  :D
silver roof back then i see. when i bought it the roof was black. like i say, the previous owner painted it. he told me it was purple and he couldn't handle driving it around. the headlining is a purple fluffy material too. who ever did it did a good job of it i recon. i assumed whoever painted the roof purple put the headlining in and sprayed the badges purple aswell. i want to change the headlining but everyone that see's it says keep it.
this car needs a little bit of work. it has potential. wont go mad though. it'll be my winter daily for now.

Back to the top
Love it.. looks pimpin!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

James

Back to the top

Back to the top
Last pic :lol:

This was at last June berks mk1 meet.

James

Back to the top
Hmmm I like this :)  8)

Adam.

________________________  RS3

Back to the top
someone stole the number plates in milton keynes on friday night :( and the passenger side sun visor has snapped off :(

fitted new plates and spark plugs and it runs beautifully and is road legal now! :) just needs a hoovering in side and the dodgy window to get swapped over. oh, and the little hole in the exhaust sorting and it will be much better.

i like this car. nice and easy cruiser. i will probably fit those bbs wheels when the weather starts to get better next year.

Back to the top
Very nice.

Back to the top
ohh what have you started now LOL

looks great with the rims on, will be a fun winter hack!

Back to the top
well it handles great in the snow. good car this one.
few problems have popped up with it though.
needs new dizzy cap, 2 electric window buttons, could use a new exhaust and there is a leak in the bulk head somewhere so there is alot of water(currently ice) now in the passenger side foot well.
could use a service really.
i did a search on that how many left website and it said there are 4 gx5s in the country and only one auto so it is pretty rare.
i will spend money on it this summer/next winter to bring it up to a good standard for a daily.
i have grown very fond of this car. it has done me well whilst the golf has been away.
looking forward to getting the golf back so i can spend money on it!

Back to the top
Nice and rare it is

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
passed its mot first time today! what a machine!
1 advisory; vehicle has been lowered :)
chuffed. never had a car pass first time.
the mk1 always failed on something :(

Back to the top

Back to the top
i bought some new wheels for the golf but i thought i'd see what the looked like on the santana. if they dont fit the golf, i'll put them on this.

here are a few of pics of the wheels lined up next to it;

what do you think?
There are too many online users to list.