6 years on here

Back to the top

6 years on here

Dont know how many of the old timers still exist

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Wow Im a young timer on here really, but time flies as I can remember preciselywhen I joined up with my Dad (his username but he rarely uses the site anymore because of business commitments). I can recall typing the post in the newbies section too :)

Next year it is my goal to get to the AGM again after an appearance in 2007 I think?!

Back to the top
one thing I will say though, and this is an observation not a criticism, is that the forum was much more buzzing a year or too ago.

I check it everyday now, but rarely see 2 new threads unfortunately. Obviously I know it can't be active ALL the time, but its just because I love to see peoples mk1s :)

Back to the top

AntF said

one thing I will say though, and this is an observation not a criticism, is that the forum was much more buzzing a year or too ago.

I check it everyday now, but rarely see 2 new threads unfortunately. Obviously I know it can't be active ALL the time, but its just because I love to see peoples mk1s :)

I dunno about a year ago as I haven't been on this forum regularly in the past few years, but back when I first joined the club and forum were really buzzing!

Just came across this old skool thread for the North West meet! Back then the North West and South West regions were in competition to gather the most mk1s together for their meets! :lol:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Back to the top
i used to love the threads that would fly of on a tangent gave me many hours of popcorn eating

the screw in the throttle body linkage was the best lol

seems to be alot quieter on here these days

i remember the first vw action club camping we did one of the best weekends id had in years sadly it was left by the wayside even now theres no club stand to speak of sad times

Back to the top

bens_cab said

i used to love the threads that would fly of on a tangent gave me many hours of popcorn eating

the screw in the throttle body linkage was the best lol

seems to be alot quieter on here these days

i remember the first vw action club camping we did one of the best weekends id had in years sadly it was left by the wayside even now theres no club stand to speak of sad times

HEY YOU that was my idea the screw in the throttle body linkage :wink: :lol:  :lol:  

as for good times and camping and club stands you need to get to an AGM or the classic car show at malvern :lol:

Im surprised its quieter on here or it just might seem that way as we have more club members now than in any other time in the clubs history :dontknow:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Campaign Register meet? I remember that!

Remember this?

If you like catching up on all thats past and present, have a read through the Club History thread. I've yet to add this years' AGM detail but the rest is all there.

Membership number 20 for me, anyone lower? DjEV?

Back to the top
Love the last pic Dano.

Would be cool to do it again and plaster it behind the forum or have a flash page where people could click on the pics to get details about the car.

Would be quite a lot of work though haha
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.