Skip navigation

6 years on here

Back to the top

6 years on here

so having been on here since 2005 there a fews things ive noticed

1, people seem to come and go buying and selling there mk1

2,the hardcore mk1 owners are still here and have been as long as me and longer there knowledge over the years has grown to a point they awnser most car related questions and should be known as guru's :mrgreen:

3,people that tend to lose there temper and say they are leaving tend to come back a few days later

4,the mods seem to change day to day from what i see but do a good job

5, the oracle of all things mk1 related still seems to be paul_c

6,despite owning my mk1 for what seems like a liftime and spending more money than i wished to count on it i still hate the damm thing which is why i love it so much odd

7, Andy seems to have settled what was a very unstable ship after Drew left so i applaud you

thats all :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Ive not been using this site for a year yet and i see the same. Ive been into VW for many years but am still new to the site. i see names come and go and people just using it for a gripe. But…………….every person i have met seem like i have known them for years.

The true people on this site are the best.

This is my chance to say thank you!

Top web site! :D

Banner

Back to the top
I bought my mk1 exactly a year ago and paid up here straight away, I see the same names week in week out giving the most valuable advice out to people like myself who are green and useless mechanically!

Now I answer other people's EASY questions if I can with what I have learned from here through other people's Knowledge or experience. There is nothing that can beat this site for all the complicated questions and also the dumb ones.

The guys like Paul c do not realise how much help it is to someone like myself when they answer our questions

:notworthy:

Back to the top
Good call Ben  8)  8)

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
Hello fellow 2005-er! :lol:  8)

I cringe when I look back at my early posts :lol:  :redfaced: I must have been really annoying to the older members back then :lol:

Back to the top
Your spot on with your years of observations Ben

but the steadiness of the ship is down to the whole committee and  guys like Dano Tian and Glen who have been on the committee for the last few years its these guys i take my hat off to :notworthy: its them that make me look good :redfaced:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
:)  do we get OAP. Status now ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Ben, to celebrate your anniversary, get yourself and your cabby to Malvern in October, 3 quid per car - there will be plenty of old timers there !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Time flies !!!!!

Back to the top
i feel so young! although i have had my golf for 8 years now, i did't join any forums till quite recently.

this is definately the most helpfull site for anything technical because of the wealth of knowledge from its members and the many guides.

i would have loved to have made it to the AGM this year but as the golf is my only car and it is not ready yet, i missed it unfortunately :( the few guys i have met are really nice. i'll be there next year. camping and everything!

i'm sure i'll look back at my posts one day and cringe just like phataz! lol.

i'm on here more than facebook!

good work guys!!!

Back to the top
I've been on here for five years, but I'm guessing nobody really remembers because (a) I don't post that frequently, and (b) I've changed my name several times due to some annoying circumstances, and © I don't even live in the UK anymore!

But I still enjoy the banter on here and picking up the odd top tip and helpful advice (and C clips!) for my old Golf. You're all very kind to put up with my girly cluelessness. :)

Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com

Back to the top
:-) I remember you ...did I hear rumour of a stalker ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
w00t - I'm remembered! But yeah, there was a (female!) stalker who has possibly buggered off now. Much relief.

It all started with buying a mk1 ashtray off ebay, which led me to here!

Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com

Back to the top
Wish i could wind that clock back 6 years ago….

Time flies

Still have that email from Drew when i joined.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Six years, plus a few on the old Campaign register.

I would have struggled to do the mk1 without the people on this site, thanks……………..im filling up here!  :tlc:

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
i still remember when i registered. i was 22 and had to have a mk1  :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Been on here since it started, and before when it was the campaign register. Anyone else on here go to the original campaign register meet at Gaydon? Seem to remember it was a very windy day!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Yeah, I agree, lots of names have come and "dissapeared"……

But a lot I remember from my first few weeks on here back in 2005, are still here, so fair play :dance:

keep up the good work everyone!

Dib

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top

James_W said

that's interesting to look back and see how things have moved forward :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.