Skip navigation

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Back to the top

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

it was on a weekend i couldn't attend due to family commitments. make it a weekend that wont clash next year.

hello!

Back to the top
My issues werent judging issues at all, they were merely ponderings into wether individuals entered the correct categories.

MK1 81' Golf Cabriolet GLD

1976 Toyota Celica ST Liftback

Back to the top
:D mmmm interesting thread! (& ready for response  :twisted: )  :wink:

I suggested last year for a mechanic's workshop, that would have been good this year as I still have the same problem as last year  :lol: that I might have sorted.

Can I say that you asked for constructive criticism (as of last year) & you shot the person down immediately, its not nice being on the end of that :banghead:

Maybe an independent assessor for the judging :dontknow:

Tent away from clubhouse with a generator :dontknow:

I'll 2nd the two different areas for judging (i.e like at Castle Coombe suggestion,) for the record I just parked mine in the tin top area anyway with out knowing (its a cab) :roll: & then moved it when asked too  :lol:

Non-memebers not to be judged…be careful with this one, we dont want to exclude Mk1's and thats all cars either cabs or tin tops

I like the area, i brought my partner and youngest son this time (we arrived at like alf 12) long drive, so missed the ride out (gutted) but managed to show some of the peak district to my partner (otherwise we never see it from the motor way).

It was also nice to see the last years winner of the peoples choice and congratulate them and see some friends that I made last year.

I will volunteer for next year if needed?

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
Workshop is something I'd love to see too but has health and safety issues and needs management/mechanic as stated last year…. even though I like the idea.

Generator would cost money but may be something that is feasible.

Idependant assessor again costs money and I bet they won't know as much as dubboy, funk-star and those guys…. they live and breath mk1 golfs daily and have masses of experience, docs etc  :dontknow:

Not shooting you down just highlighting the difficulties there.

Back to the top
Spudfingers P.M'd

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
Another way of doing the judging is to let everyone do it, at Dubs at the park when you arrive you get give a number to hang on your car & a voting form so everyone can judge.  

The only problem with it this year was a Bora won best Passat :D but as they would all be mk1's shouldn't get that problem.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

Another way of doing the judging is to let everyone do it, at Dubs at the park when you arrive you get give a number to hang on your car & a voting form so everyone can judge.  

The only problem with it this year was a Bora won best Passat :D but as they would all be mk1's shouldn't get that problem.

That's what was attempted this year but needs tightening up a bit…. in all it worked quite well for a first attempt.

As for standard car classes they need to be done by experts because hardly anyone knows what should and shouldn't be on a standard car… not Joe Public and me that's for sure so it's only fair for a standard class

Back to the top

muttley said

Spudfingers P.M'd

pm'd back

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

muttley said

Spudfingers P.M'd

pm'd back
P.M'd Mk2 (opps shouldnt say that)  :lol:

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
People will always moan about who's won what.

That's why I brought all my MOT's from when I owned mine this year due to moaning that I won best daily last year!
Average 12,000miles a year even though I've still only got 72,000 miles on the clock.

I've won at Deva 3 years on a row and I don't know any judges there.

I think the way the classes are voted on needs to be looked at as my friend got 3rd in best engine, but he'd actually entered best paint?  :dontknow:

Good move on the Saturday night venue for the party next year. :D

Overall it's been a great show, I think Gammy did a fine job organising the rally, it's not easy.

I'll stick my neck out and say I will organise the rally for next year? :lol:

Ax

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Ax

Good on ya Anna, happy to be a co organiser if you want some help with being so local to Uttoxeter.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

89clipper said

I thought the public voting system was the fairest way of doing things and opened it wide open, as far as the standard class goes who better to judge than the experts. Well done experts  :D For all those who think it is all about "who you know", you best not go to Deva. It is not about the winning, it is the taking part  :D

I must just tell you that if you found drool and tongue marks on your paintwork they were mine, that is a stunning car..  :clap:

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

CabrioAnna said

Ax

Good on ya Anna, happy to be a co organiser if you want some help with being so local to Uttoxeter.

Sounds like a plan! :D yeah up for that.Ax

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
So lets just re-cap then….

1. Improve showers - done
2. Add toilets to the filed - done
3. Get a food wagon - done
4. Improve show n shine - attempted. We tried to get the public to vote on the cars that they thought were the best. It was a new system, designed to take away the 'its who you know' critisism. The top 4 awards HAVE and WILL continue to be judged by those who know their stuff as far as Mk1 golfs are concerned.
5. Club house facilities - we took the bar away because people felt like they couldn't take their own beer inside. Then people want the bar on!!! What can we do? If there were fridges then folk would get upset that someone had drank the others cans!! There isn't an answer except to buy a cool box, stack it with ice from Tesco at £1.00 a bag and sit it next to your table!!!!
6. A seperate marquee or similar away from the CC - being looked into. A5OPY and I went round the other function rooms while the show was on and the Events Manager explained what we could have in exchange for the club house. I was MOST impressed with the Champagne Bar and if possible I'll be angling to get that for next years' event. "No trianers allowed" it'll say on the door, its that posh!!!
7. Peoples' Choice award - There will only be ONE award. neil from CQ's makes the awards himself. CQ does not charge the club for the award and while some may think ' oh its only a steering wheeel' or ' thats a cut down wheel' or 'that timing set up is a load of old spare parts', take a moment to think about the time it takes to come up with the idea and make one. I'd like to say a big thanks to Neil because as each year passes then the ideas become harder and harder to come up with. Asking him to do TWO awards each year is too much!

I hope that answers some of the questions and suggestions thrown up so far?

Dan

Back to the top

caddyrage said

Can i also suggest as a NON member that we try find a route without damn speed bumps lol

Can I volunteer to plan the road trip for 2012..?

I am local and well travelled and would love to plan the route. :dance:

Back to the top
I still think there should be 2 peoples choice.

The banner on the top of the page has a cabby & tintop so why not pick the best of each.

I can understand the prize takes time, money & effort but lets be honest would anyone really complain if they didnt get a steering wheel but got a trophy instead?

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

CabrioAnna said

Ax

I withdraw my offer.. didnt see this one  :redfaced:

Back to the top

Waterworx said

You've said it now… and I've quoted you so you can't even delete the post!!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I will pin my colours to the flagpole about the trophies and judging, I think enough has been said about prejudice to tintop or cabby, if a straw pole was done nobody wopuld really give a hoot it just sounds to me more like people moaning because they didn't win and they think they should have..

I do think more recognition should be given to the members who love their cars as much as the other members with the 'cheque book' cars, these people I talk of spend as much time and percentage of their disposable income on their Golf's but are unable to acheive the same results.

I also heard someone make a comment on Sunday that I could not help but agree with regarding the gold driver which was 'how many times does this guy want to win the same awards from the same events until he stands aside and lets the awards go to others?'
It is getting very repetative seeing the same car at every show winning the same award year after year, yes it is very nicely restored and he has devoted a lot of time to it but  :roll:

Just my opinion (and the other person I heard say it) we are all entitled to one :wink:

Back to the top

Dano said

Waterworx said

You've said it now… and I've quoted you so you can't even delete the post!!!!  :mrgreen:

OK..  :redfaced:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.