Skip navigation

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Back to the top

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

i am the oposite to gammy bert and ansar in the fact that i stood next to the peoples choice winner which was the yellow tintop and i own a cabby,

cabby, tintop makes no difference to me a nice car is a nice car no matter what keeps the rain of your head :D

Back to the top

mAtt- said

i am the oposite to gammy bert and ansar in the fact that i stood next to the peoples choice winner which was the yellow tintop and i own a cabby,

cabby, tintop makes no difference to me a nice car is a nice car no matter what keeps the rain of your head :D

i was stood by the yellow tintop too :P

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top

ans4r said

mAtt- said

i was stood by the yellow tintop too :P

yeah but you own one lol, i was just trying to make the point as gammy was that not all people vote for there genre of car they can appreciate cabby or tintop for the work thats gone into them

Back to the top
how about we do the drive out brief before the agm? we then tell the non members to go back to the campsite while the rest stay for the agm  :lol:  :lol:  and if non members wanna stay in the room, they have to sign up there and then. :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
In my opinion (and quite obviously alot of other peoples opinion) the yellow tintop was the nicest car at the show and for good reason. For those that think the judging should have been different, more cars allowed in, members only or all and sundry the fact remains that the cars (tintop and cabby) that won the catorgories have set the standard. So instead of moping, whinging and bitching about how it could have been if things were done differently think about next year and how it could be with a few tweeks and mods or that all important standard tape deck  :D

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top

89clipper said

In my opinion (and quite obviously alot of other peoples opinion) the yellow tintop was the nicest car at the show and for good reason. For those that think the judging should have been different, more cars allowed in, members only or all and sundry the fact remains that the cars (tintop and cabby) that won the catorgories have set the standard. So instead of moping, whinging and bitching about how it could have been if things were done differently think about next year and how it could be with a few tweeks and mods or that all important standard tape deck  :D

:rockon:  :rockon:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
:imwithstupid:

Back to the top

RichardH said

Being my first show I wasnt sure what to expect so I entered my cabby in daily driver, when I saw the standard i quickly realised I shouldve gone for modified Cabby but oh well, Im not sure how honest some of the daily driver entrants were tho looking at the mileage on a couple :s haha
The daily driver that came 2nd had clocked up 1000 miles in the last 6 weeks and 20,000 miles in the last 2 1/2 years so was well deserved. Daily driver is one of the most difficult categories to judge for reasons like how many miles each individual actually drives. All cars were looked at.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
not disputing that, just a couple I saw in the daily driver category seemed to have very low mileage and maybe one seemed as though it had recently been through a restoration, obviously I dont know any facts about these cars, just my observation. I think of daily driver as the one car you use everyday and/or is a sort of rolling project.

MK1 81' Golf Cabriolet GLD

1976 Toyota Celica ST Liftback

Back to the top
i'm with you rich, some of them were never daily drivers in  million years !!!!!!!

Back to the top
I have no doubt that the car that won deserved it but it would be nice to pick your best tintop & cabby.

Then they could be parked side by side, photographed & put on the home page.

Back to the top
Just let me say  my car had 90000 on it when i got it .had it 10 weeks done over 2000 miles. i drive it ever day that is why i got it

Back to the top
Think next year, you should lose giving out little plaques before the cruise. It resulted in peeps driving too far away for the next person to follow.

The fella i followed was lost and pulled over so he could ask me to lead the way. I ended up with my own little convoy going on lol. Caught up in the end though.

Was disappointed that this year there was no Bar on the saturday night. Was dead at 8.30pm so headed to cine-bowl. Returned to find the clubhouse then rocking, guess most folks are late starters lol.

More Traders would be good. I'd have thought GSF or Eurocarparts could've showed with mk1 parts as i pretty sure most of you either use them or even know someone that works for them. Give Crazyquiffs some competition(maybe he'll drop his prices then)lol.

Having the Big burger van was a big plus for this year. Mucho liked the £4 full english both sat and sun mornings  :D

92 caddy, Now stripped for full rebuild
83 golf gti R1 carbed 16v(soon to have 1.8T)
07 Leon FR TDI daily

Cambridgeshire regional host

Back to the top

caddyrage said

Think next year, you should lose giving out little plaques before the cruise. It resulted in peeps driving too far away for the next person to follow.

The fella i followed was lost and pulled over so he could ask me to lead the way. I ended up with my own little convoy going on lol. Caught up in the end though.

Was disappointed that this year there was no Bar on the saturday night. Was dead at 8.30pm so headed to cine-bowl. Returned to find the clubhouse then rocking, guess most folks are late starters lol.

More Traders would be good. I'd have thought GSF or Eurocarparts could've showed with mk1 parts as i pretty sure most of you either use them or even know someone that works for them. Give Crazyquiffs some competition(maybe he'll drop his prices then)lol.

Having the Big burger van was a big plus for this year. Mucho liked the £4 full english both sat and sun mornings  :D

you wont believe how hard it is to get traders to come to our show we had more traders this year than any other Dano has worked very hard to try and get traders to attend but its always a up hill struggle.

your right the burger van was the big + this year his prices where very keen as well, to be honest i couldn't understand why folks where cooking and doing all the washing up etc when you could have had curry and chips or beef stew and chips for £4.50
he will be there next year. :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Burger van was fantastic mr chairman could not believe how cheap and good the food was! being a single marque club I can understand how traders do not want to attend as it is a bit specialized.. would be good to get more on board though just struggling to think how they would be attracted  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Can i also suggest as a NON member that we try find a route without damn speed bumps lol

92 caddy, Now stripped for full rebuild
83 golf gti R1 carbed 16v(soon to have 1.8T)
07 Leon FR TDI daily

Cambridgeshire regional host

Back to the top

caddyrage said

I think it may have got going a bit sooner if the bar had been open. We are looking into a different part of the racecourse next year to hold the party, away from the caravan club, so it can go on a bit later as it has to end just as the alcohol gets fully absorbed into the blood stream!

Back to the top

Yomp said

caddyrage said

I think it may have got going a bit sooner if the bar had been open. We are looking into a different part of the racecourse next year to hold the party, away from the caravan club, so it can go on a bit later as it has to end just as the alcohol gets fully absorbed into the blood stream!

we seem to be in a no win situation here

last year we had the bar on but folks didn't come because they had a tent full of ale and didn't want to spend there cash over the bar and didn't attend the party as they thought they couldn't bring their own ale

this year we knock the bar on the head so everyone could then attend and bring their own.

not sure what to do here :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Another excellent show and well done to all that made it happen :)  Unlike most I've been to the past 6 shows watching the club grow and adapt to the increasing popularity. Everything to me was spot on but obviously we have to make it better for next year so can we keep the criticism constructive :dontknow:
Yes I got lost on the rally but I blame melrig for that :banghead:
Yes the disco was quiet but its hard to please everybody (I know this coz I dj every week)

RichardH said

just a couple I saw in the daily driver category seemed to have very low mileage and maybe one seemed as though it had recently been through a restoration, obviously I dont know any facts about these cars, just my observation. I think of daily driver as the one car you use everyday and/or is a sort of rolling project.

I entered my car in the daily driver because I used it everyday before it was restored. It has been off road for a year to get it back in good order and Ive used it everyday over the past 2 mjavascript:emoticon('8)')onths.

Judging must be quite difficult but as usual they got it spot on. I entered mine but never expected to get a place after I looked at the competition plus I decided to clean it after the judges had checked  it out :)
I would prefer if I could be there for 2 days not 1 but thats something I'll have to sort out for next year.
Anyway we (me and mi bird) had a good weekend and look forward to next year and all the shows inbetween 8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
I think that the judging issues needs to be dropped as it's in danger of people just sounding like they are moaning.

As I see things compared to last years annual gathering, issues have been addressed and definite improvements have been made. The portable toilets, better showers, burger van, not having a bar in the party, all these were massive improvements. It's gonna be a enormous task to please everybody and I think that only practical issues have to be discussed on this thread as these have a direct effect on the whole weekend.

The only issue that I can think of is the placement of the shower block. But then it's going to be very hard to relocate it due to power/water restrictions. Maybe in the club house have the fridges turned on to keep peoples beers cold during the fancy dress party?

And these are minor issues, overall I had a quality weekend and thanks have to go out to loads of members & non members for making it such a good weekend.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.