Skip navigation

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Back to the top

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

A few people said it like yourself mate and it seems like a good idea…. would need co-ordinating at the gate on Sunday and getting people to move cars in the morning if they are parked incorrectly from the previous night…. may need volunteers for that but it may be something the committee would welcome  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Swallowtail_uk pay your membership and next year you could put yourself forward as a judge..

no thanks… :twisted:

Back to the top
A5OPY - Thinking about it I can imagine how awkward it would be if the tarmac area was full.

Another idea would be to move the traders into the field just behind where crazy quiffs were leaving all that grass area free for all the mk1s not entering the show & shine.

That way all cars are in one area.

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

Swallowtail_uk pay your membership and next year you could put yourself forward as a judge..

which bit membership or judge or both?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Swallowtail_uk said

both  8)

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

A5OPY - Thinking about it I can imagine how awkward it would be if the tarmac area was full.

Another idea would be to move the traders into the field just behind where crazy quiffs were leaving all that grass area free for all the mk1s not entering the show & shine.

That way all cars are in one area.
again some of the traders need power and that's close to the club house believe me we do try very hard to plan put things where they should go, we do site visits months before and try and get it right.
we will learn from this year and your suggestions :D

Back to the top
A5OPY - It must be difficult planning everything & making sure you get the balance right to ensure you please everyone, rather you than me with that one :-)

Roll on next year I say :-)

Back to the top

Swallowtail_uk said

A5OPY said

Swallowtail_uk said

both  8)

PNERivage said

here's another one to stick out there…..

should non-members be able to enter the show and shine at the AGM??

interesting suggestion don't you think?  8)

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Swallowtail_uk said

A5OPY said

Swallowtail_uk said

both  8)

PNERivage said

here's another one to stick out there…..

should non-members be able to enter the show and shine at the AGM??

interesting suggestion don't you think?  8)

seeing its a open forum to non paying members then yes……..however if it was a private members only club then no…..

Back to the top
I think there should be 2 peoples choice car of the show.

Cabby & tintop.

Judging by the amount of people on here who think the cabby aint a real mk1 there at a disavantage straight away.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Cabby & tintop.

Judging by the amount of people on here who think the cabby aint a real mk1 there at a disavantage straight away.

No not really as there are more cabby owners than tintop owners just seems the cabby owners vote for a tintop  :dontknow:

Back to the top
It looked pretty equal to me.

I think theres a disavantage as a lot of tintop owners wont pick a cabby.

Back to the top
What about not having the show the same weekend as Bug jam, I know having it in July it will clash with something but Bug Jam is one of the biggest & oldest VW shows.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

What about not having the show the same weekend as Bug jam, I know having it in July it will clash with something but Bug Jam is one of the biggest & oldest VW shows.

Yeah I agree with this one.  Of all the VW shows it would be good if it didn't clash with this particular one.

Back to the top

Re: VOTING ?

Swallowtail_uk said

not trying to upset anyone,…….just making a point in what i saw and heard:

Expert Judge - "have you changed anything to your car from last year?"
Owner - "no -not really"
Expert Judge -  "ahhh ok then" …….(expert judge walks way to next car)
Owner car wins the category.

Is that fair? …….is that how to judge a car?  :dontknow:

If you are talking about Ian's Driver that won this is simply not true, so either you are badly misinformed, or being very economical with the truth especially as you did not mention it when we were talking around Mark's car. I did jokingly ask if anything had changed like he had put a ding in it, etc. But then both Ant and I had a good look around the car including underneath to assess it normally.  In fact we did pick up on a couple of things but the car was simply the best one in its category and so won. This car has won many events so it is not only our opinion either. Sometimes it is boring the same cars win but unless something better comes along then that is the way it is and is well deserved for the effort put in.

I can categorically state there is no favouritism at all in the judging. It is never black and white as to which car should enter which category to have the best chance and hopefully giving 2nd and 3rd prizes means there is chance to reward more people.

daistew said

I sat there all day no one asket me anything the car next to me one second prize i asket him if any one had looket at his car and he told me no so how did they judge the cars

If yours was the red GTi with sunroof it was judged. IIRC it was in daily driver class? Sorry we can't talk to everyone for a couple of reasons: (1)Not everyone is with the car when it is judged and (2) It would take too long and we could not give the prizes out at a reasonable time for everyone to get home

Banner

Back to the top

A5OPY said

BigNormRivage said

Cabby & tintop.

No not really as there are more cabby owners than tintop owners just seems the cabby owners vote for a tintop  :dontknow:

Myself. Bert & Ans4r were standing by Chrissy's cabby and we're tintop owners, there are more cabby owners about due to the continued production of the cabby into the 90's, so would seem the disadvantage would be the tintop owners, but looking at what won peoples choice, the voting was on merit  :wink:

Back to the top
Being my first show I wasnt sure what to expect so I entered my cabby in daily driver, when I saw the standard i quickly realised I shouldve gone for modified Cabby but oh well, Im not sure how honest some of the daily driver entrants were tho looking at the mileage on a couple :s haha

MK1 81' Golf Cabriolet GLD

1976 Toyota Celica ST Liftback

Back to the top
GAMMYGOLFGTI - Thats a fair point you made.

I still think there should be awards for best cabby & tintop.

Back to the top
Is there a list of what cars won what?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

Is there a list of what cars won what?

i'm sure it will be posted up shortly :)

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.