Skip navigation

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Back to the top

Suggestions on how we can improve the show?

Last year we asked this same question. we then acted on as many of the major concerns you guys flagged up, ie we improved the showers, put toilets in the camping field, made the Saturday road rally shorter, improved on the food available and introduced a full time catering van and had an Ice cream van on site.

Please let us have your constructive criticism so we can see if there is anything we can do to make it even better in 2012.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Mk1 only car park?… and the rest over there somewhere  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
when i saw this thread I clicked on it to type exactly what blans had said.

Mk1 only parking area

it bugged me a little today that there were so many mk1s in the parking area.. probaby half as many again  all split up by other makes etc

and perhaps..
Other Vag Parking area

and All others…..

Everything else was perfect!
Great weekend and show much enjoyed

Tony

Back to the top
Get the Saturday night party away from the pesky caravan club!

Back to the top

Yomp said

Get the Saturday night party away from the pesky caravan club!

sorted already :wink:

Back to the top

VOTING ?

Hi guys, overall a great show….some very nice mk1s..one thing bugged me a little…

The "show n shine contenders" should be the "ONLY" ones voting for "BOTH" standard and custom vehicles……(just felt like if you knew the right people on here then judging wasn't fair) - and I didn't even have a car to show…also the "voting slip" should NOT be handed out so freely……..i had 4 slips in total handed to me……

just a thought….

Otherwise……well done to everyone who took part.

Bob

Back to the top

Re: VOTING ?

Swallowtail_uk said

Hi guys, overall a great show….some very nice mk1s..one thing bugged me a little…

The "show n shine contenders" should be the "ONLY" ones voting for "BOTH" standard and custom vehicles……(just felt like if you knew the right people on here then judging wasn't fair) - and I didn't even have a car to show…also the "voting slip" should NOT be handed out so freely……..i had 4 slips in total handed to me……

just a thought….

Otherwise……well done to everyone who took part.

Bob

The judging for the standard cars are judged by people who undoubtedly are experts with years of experience and know what on a car is standard and what isn't.
where as general Mk1 enthusiasts don't have this in depth knowledge of what is "Standard".

it is only fair that it should be general members who decided which is the best modified as there are no rules to follow when modifying a car and its down to the person doing the modification to make it how they feel it should be

I would imagine if one of the judges read your comment ……(just felt like if you knew the right people on here then judging wasn't fair) they will be very upset as i know they try very hard to make sure every car is judged on its merits and not by who its owners are.

it could well be that the same cars win at different shows with different judges it just so happens that they are the best plain and simple and because the judges know what to look for many folks could think that another "standard" car was better just because it looked better even though the judges had spotted small non standard parts on the car which the average member would never know they are not a standard parts, if my memory serves me right judges start off with 100 points and deduct points for every none standard or damaged or corroded, dirty part of the car they find

So even what would be considered by many to be "mint" may come in with 70 point out of 100 due to perhaps no standard radio, body panels or exhaust systems etc etc

Standard cars can only ever be truly judged by people who know what they are looking at and for, its as simple as that.

you point about the voting slips being handed out to freely is a good point and will be looked into.

Back to the top
i think you should limit how much beer is comsumed, my heads still in bits lol :D

Back to the top

great agm

i think you should have a shaparone , we went out into town i got very drunk and walked back on my own anything could have happened down them dark roads on my own {but thankfull no one was out}.  :lol:

i rearly couldnt fault it great weekend , it could be me but the rally seemed a little hit and miss i thourgh either everyone had got lost or gone a different way, i may have missed something in the pre ralley meeting was thre two routes?

anyway great atmosphere great weekend   cheers   :D

markyptinting

Back to the top
Good show,
Not much to say

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Rally should stay as far away from houses as poss!

There must be miles of open country roads yet we drive through the slums of uttox?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
having gotton lost on more than one occasion on the rally this year (along with a few others :lol: ) can i suggest that on the junctions and roundabouts we could put a little arrow card with agm on it to give the drivers a little hint on the directions, sadly i cant read a route and drive at the same time and the missus just cant navigate to save her life  :lol:

Other than that, Loved the whole weekend (unless you can control the weather that is  :P )

Great Job Done Guys, See ya next year

chris  :D  :D  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
I have a few bones about the rally

I can fully appreciate how hard it must be to organise nearly 100 cars together, but why were we all released 30 seconds apart?

We were all queueing up and stopped to be given the rally plaque and FJ bag of goodies, which meant there was too much of a gap between cars.

Also, the route instructions were hideously complicated and badly laid out - which led to a few members being lost ( only local knowledge kept me going the right way)

And next year a destination should be picked on it's ability to hold 100 cars without problem, chase water wasn't that.

Rant over, and on a whole, the rally went really smoothly (apart from when we stopped Lichfield town centre :D)

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Oh and why people got lost was because the route was incorrect. Road names were wrong and sections missing.

Also why not hire a marque for the disco rather than the club house? Could be pitched furthest point from the cc and have no curfu

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Also why not hire a marque for the disco rather than the club house? Could be pitched furthest point from the cc and have no curfu

good idea!!!

Banner

Back to the top

i agree

jellybelly said

"funk-star"}

Also said

good idea!!!

i third that, we should get a vote going on this point

markyptinting

Back to the top
although there may have been a few problems on the drive out and the route may not have been the best i think its only fair to thank Warren ( GAMMYGOLF) for the hard work he put into it ..

Back to the top
Yes hats off to Gammy..  Top job in my opinion  :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm sure he has spent countless hours/days planning and spent a fortune of his own money on petrol

its never gonna be easy to organise 100 cars..  as for getting lost if if everyone follows the rules make sure you can see the car behind then there aint a problem  :roll:

Back to the top
here's another one to stick out there…..

dont really know what my opinion is , but whenever we have a club stand at other events we ask for members to take up the spaces first….

should non-members be able to enter the show and shine at the AGM??

Back to the top
My first show and really enjoyed it, the things I picked up on though are:-

1. Again directions of the correct entrance to the racecourse would have been good.
2. In my opinion I think show and shine entrants should be able to enter in 1 class in category A and 1 in category B if they so choose, E.g best daily driver and best modified cabriolet.
3. Announcing of the winners was very detailed on the judges categories (A) e.g. the owners and which car etc. BUT On all the other winners I had no idea which car won, only a user name was given for most of them.

Apart from that a great show!!!

MK1 81' Golf Cabriolet GLD

1976 Toyota Celica ST Liftback
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.