Skip navigation

GOLF MK1 BLACK SPORTLINE RS3 4x4 selling up.

Back to the top

MY BLACK SPORTLINE PROJECT S3 4x4 TFSI CONVERSION

twain16v said

I am glad your keeping it mate..keep up the good work…hope it all goes well for you. A quick question are you running 15" or 16" rims I am looking for brackets for my porsche brakes but cant find a 280mm kit…only 305mmm and i want to keep my 15" rims any advice please
Hi mate i will be running 15"inch alloys that why i went for 280mm set up .I had to have my own brackets made up as no one sells them for 280mm set up if your stuck i have my cad drawing that i used to have them made.

Back to the top
i went and saw Mikes car before i got my sportline and it is lovely! even better in flesh, i wanted something i could use pritty much straight away so wasnt for me.

I wish you all the best with your health mate and i look forward to seeing this when its all completed as going to be a minter and your attentiopn to detail is amazing

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Thanks Rich,are you going to let them alloys go?lol.Also bought a few more parts

Back to the top
Hi Mike thanks for the info. Could I have a look at your cad drawing pls
If that's ok. Thank you very much.

Back to the top
Well ive been busy on the car finishing off wiring ect.i have now got my 6 speed gearbox and will paint it up once all fab works done.Also will be fitting the gearbox to the engine the weekend.And then can go ahead on fitting in the bay!.

Back to the top
lookin good mate, give me that steering wheel :D

going to steal your picture so i can post in wanted section ..

see ya saturday :D

mAtt-

Back to the top
Well ive been busy cleaning up gearbox and painted it.Also fitted a new clutch kit.I have now fitted the box to the engine now.I will be fitting engine and box!!! next week now.here a picture how it stands at the moment.in the picture you can see my old stripped 8v block look at the size differents lol.

Back to the top
Great looking build you got going there Mike.you must have robbed a bank.( if your doing another bank count me in as i need some more shiney  bits for my build LOL )

Back to the top
Not bad son, looks like it's gonna be another nice one.
Sure beats the mk2 astra gte 2ltr turbo from the old days.
Always knew you'd catch the VW bug :D

FX…..

Back to the top

dazfxvw said

Not bad son, looks like it's gonna be another nice one.
Sure beats the mk2 astra gte 2ltr turbo from the old days.
Always knew you'd catch the VW bug :D

FX…..
Not sure about that mate i loved that car lol.

Back to the top
It was nice but it was no mk1 golf,
Have you still got the max power article?

FX…

Back to the top
Yes mate some were now your showing my age lol.

Back to the top
We are old lol, I met You n Daz around 1997-98, so its been about 13/14 years since you got rid of it.
Do you remember my old yellowy-orange mk1 that sat on my drive for ever?

Back to the top
yes mate its been a long time and im still messing around with cars i will never learn lol.and yes i remember that golf you should have kept it.

Back to the top
That was my first car, such good times but more bad times were had with that motor.

I should be back home in about half an hour so you can come and get the engine crane.

FX…

Back to the top
Just like to say thanks to dazfxvw for getting me a set of electric recaro g60 seat bases. and lending me his engine hoist.Also will be fitting engine the weekend.then i will make my templates for my mounts and then have them lazer cut.also picked up a wilwood master cylinder for my clutch.

Back to the top
cant wait to see this done! so glad you kept it :-)

ps your wheels did go in the end mate, sorry couldnt resist at £600 offered for them, gona spend that on new mohair :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

cant wait to see this done! so glad you kept it :-)

ps your wheels did go in the end mate, sorry couldnt resist at £600 offered for them, gona spend that on new mohair :-)
Oh well rich will have to search for some more.

Back to the top
Can't believe you snapped them up when you didn't even want them,
Mike, I'm keeping my eyes peeled as I know you've been hunting for them for quite a while.

FX…

Back to the top
dazfxvw

I did want them !

I bought a polished set from here (which mike didnt want), but by the time i paid to correct paint colour on inserts and re polish wheels they were gona owe me too much so they sold.

Then Mike was going to buy the second set i ended up with but didnt buy them, they were then back up for sale a month later so i bought them as mike said he didnt want them as was originally going with porsche brakes and they wouldnt fit. (i did check with him)

They were going to go onto my old white clipper, but then i sold it and got my sportline of which i wanted to keep original so wheels had to go to fund a new mohair outer skin needed on mine.

dont get me wrong i dont buy things just to sell on. If i didnt need the cash for my new roof etc then Mike would have got them for what i paid and he did get first refusal on them, but someone offered me serious cash and i havnt got enough money to turn down an offer like that.

fair enough i think? ….

If you check my thread you will see the test fit of the polished A8 wheels, as i said intended for the clipper.  

Rich

1.8T CABBY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.