Skip navigation

1977 yellow mk1 polo n

Back to the top

1977 yellow mk1 polo n

Managed to get the engine bay in primer today.
First, couple of mist coats of acid etch.

Followed by a couple of coats of high build

Back to the top
wow! looking amazing mate, keep up the good work :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
This is my inspiration thread, Great work m8!

Back to the top
Awesome work mate. Mint :)

Back to the top
Looks awesome matey!! cant wait to see it once your finished :)

Back to the top
Lovely Car and quality of Work,I'd love to own a Garage to do this to My Mk1 Golf.

Be nice to watch this progress :)

Back to the top
big love for the mk1 polo

Back to the top
I never thought I could be so jelous, bu apparently I can 

Back to the top
this is beautiful :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
I absolutely love the dog tooth seats, I considering getting mine recovered in some!

love the work going on it looks great!  :wub:

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
this looks wicked was going to buy  mk1 polo my self but had a golf in the end same to see less polos awsome looking cars tho

Back to the top
Finally, found my way back to the garage…..and hopefully would like to see it finished before the end of May.

May last year was the last time I did any work on the car, so Iv'e got a lot of catching up to do.

Upon closer inspection of the primer in the engine bay there was loads of imperfections on the bulkhead…. small chips and scratches. Iv'e spent the last couple of sundays rectifying these, prep-ping and priming under the scuttle and the top and underside of the slam panel.

I'm hoping to have the bay sorted, and ready for paint by next weekend, then I shall move on to the rest of the car.

Decided to smooth out the spot welds on the suspension turret's.

And then finally the last couple of coats of primer.

Back to the top
Can't wait to see this finished, proper cool little cars!

Back to the top
Just found this thread, absolutely amazing work, well done   :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Very sweet indeed, great progress!  :)

Trimsport - Est 1996, relaunched 2013. Alloy Billet Parts, OEM Quality Badges & Carbon Fibre for Retro VW & Porsche.
Official fifteen52 & Magnus Walker UK Sales www.trimsport.co.uk
Work: Caddy2k | Weekend: Porsche 996 C4 & VW Scirocco Mk1

Back to the top
looking good!

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Any updates to this?

Back to the top
Lush. I recently sold my Inari Silver Derby that had 17,500 miles on it from new. Was a shame but you can't own everything. Weird how these cars turn up more and more with such low mileage.

Back to the top
The Polo shall be painted before the summers out, I'd like to have it finished early next year (fingers crossed)

I also own a 1981 gls polo which I have owned for the last 5yrs or so, I would imagine a lot of you have seen it at shows over the years although its been sorn for the last 2yrs.
I decided to put some coilovers and ATS classics on it and get it mot'ed tax and insured and run it as my daily for the summer, other wise its in its original condition.

Bought it with only 18,000 genuine miles, one owner from new (an old lady who had it garaged and only took it out once a week to go shopping) every mot cert, full history serviced on the aniversary date every year, all the tax discs from new, and original bill of sale.

Here's a few pics.

Back to the top
The Polo shall be painted before the summers out, I'd like to have it finished early next year (fingers crossed) I also own a 1981 gls polo which I have owned for the last 5yrs or so, I would imagine a lot of you have seen it at shows over the years although its been sorn for the last 2yrs. I decided to put some coilovers and ATS classics on it and get it mot'ed tax and insured and run it as my daily for the summer, other wise its in its original condition. Bought it with only 18,000 genuine miles, one owner from new (an old lady who had it garaged and only took it out once a week to go shopping) every mot cert, full history serviced on the aniversary date every year, all the tax discs from new, and original bill of sale. Here's a few pics.  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.