Skip navigation

1977 yellow mk1 polo n

Back to the top

1977 yellow mk1 polo n

Spotless!!!  Absolute treasure right there!  What did you clean your grill with as it's come up amazingly?

Back to the top
wow, this is clean! and solid!!! whats with the 2 fuel filler holes?? lol

1.5 Mk1 Golf GX

Back to the top
love the polo. would love one of those. great find! Not seen mant audi 50's. How easy is it to get parts for the polo?

Back to the top

Pepe said

They're vents to circulate air through the cabin.  8)

Scooblitz said

love the polo. would love one of those. great find! Not seen mant audi 50's. How easy is it to get parts for the polo?

Mechanical parts aren't too bad on these, a lot is transferable from Mk2/3 Polo's. It's the body parts that are getting thin on the ground, front /rear panels and wings especially. Hadrian made a lot of panels but over the last few years they've stopped making wings and front panels.

Lovely motor Andy, we've got one in Lemon yellow but it's been in bits for the last few years.  :lol:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

geejah said

Spotless!!!  Absolute treasure right there!  What did you clean your grill with as it's come up amazingly?

Cheers!!

Grill was painted with three coats of Halfords satin black bumper paint, then pin stripped in silver, which was a real pain to mask up, very pleased with the way it came out.

Back to the top
Really nice car mate. Love early Polo's  :)

Back to the top

GavB95 said

Pepe said

They're vents to circulate air through the cabin.  8)

Scooblitz said

Mechanical parts aren't too bad on these, a lot is transferable from Mk2/3 Polo's. It's the body parts that are getting thin on the ground, front /rear panels and wings especially. Hadrian made a lot of panels but over the last few years they've stopped making wings and front panels.

Lovely motor Andy, we've got one in Lemon yellow but it's been in bits for the last few years.  :lol:
Thanks Gav, you need to get yours built up and back on the road, what year and spec is it?

Back to the top
8O Wow, unbelievable condition, it's amazing how some people look after their cars,good to see your keeping it oem.

1983 mk1 golf gti campaign

1988 mk1 caddy 1.8

1988 mk1 caddy 1.6

1991 mk2 golf gti

1996 mk3 golf gti

Back to the top
Fitted some coilovers on the polo last week.

Shall be dropping a 1.4 16v in, in a couple of weeks :D

Back to the top
It looks insane!
Perfect colour too, and on coilovers, it looks twice as good..  8)

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
Now sitting on a set of ATS classics.

Back to the top
Very very nice car! An absolute gem! So want a Mk1 polo for the mrs.

Back to the top
You need this in your life…

Linky

Back to the top
Love this, always had a soft spot for these, a great find and some nice mods! ;)

Trimsport - Est 1996, relaunched 2013. Alloy Billet Parts, OEM Quality Badges & Carbon Fibre for Retro VW & Porsche.
Official fifteen52 & Magnus Walker UK Sales www.trimsport.co.uk
Work: Caddy2k | Weekend: Porsche 996 C4 & VW Scirocco Mk1

Back to the top
Very nice little polo there mate!

They're not my thing really but I really appreciate a tidy one like this! The work you have done so far is top notch, fair play.

Back to the top
Very nice little polo there mate!

They're not my thing really but I really appreciate a tidy one like this! The work you have done so far is top notch, fair play.

Back to the top
So nice that Spilz said it twice :lol:

Tidy Polo mate. Hope there's not too many speed humps round near you. She's low…

Back to the top
Oops!

Back to the top
She's had a fair whack of page views mate!

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments guys.

I did this to the rear end in the summer…

So now its off the road for the winter, i thought id do the same to the front end, in preparation for a new engine.

This is what she looks like now!

Engine bay is covered in Ziebart, so it's 895cc out, engine bay clean and tidy up.

I'm hoping to get hold of a rotisserie in the next week or so, so i can then strip, prime , stonechip, basecoat, and laquer the underside.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.