Skip navigation

My mk1 - ex Impact/Dubsport car

Back to the top

My mk1 - ex Impact/Dubsport car

Well that's tidy work, very good  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

MR_LONG said

Hello mate.
Long time no speak. Do you still have your cabby?
The red one is sat at the back of the garage and being used to store my parts at the moment.
Here's a pic of it just before I took the wings off. Might do something with it one day…..

And what she looked like before I got my mitts on her (the car that is)

my mates old car from about 1997. he owned it when it was featured!!  was awesome back then! glad to see it's still around.

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top

richievr said

my mates old car from about 1997. he owned it when it was featured!!  was awesome back then! glad to see it's still around.

I used to have his e-mail address a few years ago. Is he still into his dubs because didnt he have a blue american spec caddy at one point?
I bought it from a lad called Mike in 2003 and Mike bought it from Ben. Should have done this car up but have ended up doing the blue one instead (no idea why  :$ )

Back to the top
Your like the horder of 90's ex show cars:lol:But seriously, looks like good work being carried out on that roof swap.

And loving the apricot colour on the turbos:thumbs:proper 90's colour.

Back to the top

MR_LONG said

I used to have his e-mail address a few years ago. Is he still into his dubs because didnt he have a blue american spec caddy at one point?
I bought it from a lad called Mike in 2003 and Mike bought it from Ben. Should have done this car up but have ended up doing the blue one instead (no idea why  :$ )

Yes he did have a florida beach imported caddy. nice truck.
and yes ben is still into his dubs, has a 61/62/63 ish beetle at the mo. very nice one too. of course, for him…..

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top
this caddy…

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

Your like the horder of 90's ex show cars:lol:But seriously, looks like good work being carried out on that roof swap.

And loving the apricot colour on the turbos:thumbs:proper 90's colour.

Yeah I need help mate  :lol:
The whole cars going apricot in the end - 90's tastic  :cool:

Richie - yeah thats the one I was thinking of.

Back to the top
I'm a bit of a horder of car mags, and like looking back at how things have changed and my favourite cars.

Anymore progress?

Back to the top
I'm the same mate  :thumbs: Got every Golf mag from 2000 all the way through to when they stopped as well as a few Random PVW over the years.

No progress that I know of but need to find out cos haven't checked in a week. Hopfully he'll have started on the bay

Back to the top

MR_LONG said

I'm the same mate  :thumbs:Got every Golf mag from 2000 all the way through to when they stopped as well as a few Random PVW over the years.

No progress that I know of but need to find out cos haven't checked in a week. Hopfully he'll have started on the bay

I have Golf mags before golf plus for a number of years, lots of pvw, and quite a few other random car mags, plus I've been given a few years worth of landrover mags! Quite enjoying reading and learning about other cars.

I'm sure you sold me some big block mounts and 5 speed linkage years ago;)

Back to the top
Wow, this is getting a serious amount of work going into it! Looking forward to seeing it all completed in the new colour too. I was a massive fan of the blue but it's going to be a serious 90's euro spec mk1 in the apricot!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

I'm sure you sold me some big block mounts and 5 speed linkage years ago;)

Yeah I did mate. Got another 2 x 5 speed linkages spare if you fancy another  :lol:

chris260 said

Wow, this is getting a serious amount of work going into it! Looking forward to seeing it all completed in the new colour too. I was a massive fan of the blue but it's going to be a serious 90's euro spec mk1 in the apricot!  :thumbs:

I think I may have gone a little too extreme…..
Know anyone who wants to buy the redun?
Just bought this the other week  :whistle:

Back to the top
Loving the Opel Kadett.  My first car was a 1.2 Saloon.  Looked exactly the same as the hatchback, but with a boot like a Cabby.  Are you selling it?

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
I've just bought it mate. The saloons are crazy - they remind me of an allegro from the back.
Aftermarket parts arent going to be easy to find compared to the Golf (I've been spoilt)
Only Gaz make coilovers and they dont go very low.
No body makes clear front indicators anymore.
Front panels arent available etc etc.

Back to the top
Just a small update on the red car.
I've been trying to get her put back together the last week or so. Have managed to get some tyres for the old wheels and have fit some 25mm spacers at the back to get them sitting better.
The plan is to get the engine bay painted and get the engine in as soon as possible. Not sure how that will work out but I'll try.
She's gone from this

Without spacers

With spacers

Oops. too low

Back to the top
Coming along nicely. Good luck with the work.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
nice, glad to see the old red one is still looking good!!

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top
Thanks Smudger

richievr said

nice, glad to see the old red one is still looking good!!

Not really a patch on yours mate but she'll look better if I ever get her back outside.
Started cleaning down the engine last night. Just not sure if I'm going to have enough space at the back with me moving the servo.

Back to the top
I used to spend hours looking at that centrefold of the red one hanging on my wall, I thought it was perfect back in the late 90's

Back to the top

litlekris said

back in the late 90's

What do you mean? Back in the 90's?   :lol:
The cheek  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.