Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

Just had a go at polishing up my script handles in the shed to the Mrs's delight  :dontknow: Think they have turned out quite nice ! all i have to do is re-paint the porsche logo.

P80'd

Then polished up after going down to p1500

Back to the top
You can come and do mine! Lol.

Back to the top
My marriage might be over if I did mike  :lol:

Back to the top
Finally got my car back from TSR and am really excited now :P Looks like they have done a tidy job in the engine bay !
  Still got a lot to do to the car so think it will be a few months rather than weeks before it gets sorted.  I have got to call the bodyshop up about my arches and see if they can be flared or if i will have to have them extended :( Hoping they can flare but very much doubt it.
  I still need to get some coils on the car before it goes up there to see how it will sit. I don't think i can go that low though as the sump is really low.

Back to the top
Looks well nice,what clocks are you running?s3,and I have the same issue can't go that low as engine sit low.dont forget to give me a ride in it when it's done.lol

Back to the top
That looks awesome mate. She is going to fly when finished. Good luck finishing it off. Keep the pics coming  :cool:

Back to the top
Keep up the good work mate,looking good,I've got my 83 plate cabby with a vr6 upfront,just in the process of updating it for the summer,got all the dash out of mine etc and have removed the strengthening bar from under the dash,can't see this being a problem in my eyes really,I think it's more of a crash strengthening bar really,the tintop version doesn't have one,can't make my mind up to leave it out or not,

Back to the top

Millwrx said

Keep up the good work mate,looking good,I've got my 83 plate cabby with a vr6 upfront,just in the process of updating it for the summer,got all the dash out of mine etc and have removed the strengthening bar from under the dash,can't see this being a problem in my eyes really,I think it's more of a crash strengthening bar really,the tintop version doesn't have one,can't make my mind up to leave it out or not,
I was advised against removing the strengthening bar when i was going to fit the lupo dash as it's obviously there for some purpose.  Tin tops have the roof to strengthen the car rather than cabs.

mike_turbo said

Looks well nice,what clocks are you running?s3,and I have the same issue can't go that low as engine sit low.dont forget to give me a ride in it when it's done.lol
Got some custom speedhut gauges mike that are sat in the lupo clock surrounds. I need to take them out of it as put them in there when i was going to fit the lupo dash. Have got to get something made up to sit in where the original clocks go, so these can go in.
  Really want to give it a blast !! but can't yet :( I'm running 20mm spacers either side with the callipers Mike so will get some photos close up of how they look for you.  Thanks again for the adapters mate !!

smudger1980 said

That looks awesome mate. She is going to fly when finished. Good luck finishing it off. Keep the pics coming  :cool:
Cheers smudger !! been keeping an eye on yours too !! looking really smart.  Pictures will keep on coming with my progress :)

Back to the top
That's what I thought but as its side to side and not front to back I'm pretty sure it's for crash impact,will make a choice wheather it stays or gos,

Back to the top
Flip me this is good, I need to crack on with mine and post some more pics!! If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on it so far??????

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 

Back to the top

sallyandsean said

Flip me this is good, I need to crack on with mine and post some more pics!! If you don't mind me asking, how much have you spent on it so far??????

Wouldn't like to think !! the engine conversion was £8k plus extra parts I had fitted and spent about £3.5k on bodywork & paint.  Plus had seats re-trimmed , bumpers re-chromed etc ,etc  O_o   will hopefully be worth it in the end  :thumbs:

Back to the top
This is the dilemma I have with the arches at the mo'

Think they will more than likely have to be extended.

And heres how low the sump sits before being lowered !! :o

And theres not much space between the calliper and wheel :P

Back to the top
Similar to mine mate, tight at a nun's nasty :lol:

You going to need wheel spacers? Mine need 10mm ones to clear the Wilwood calipers.

Know what you mean about the outlay as well mate, it's never ending isn't it :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Similar to mine mate, tight at a nun's nasty :lol:

You going to need wheel spacers? Mine need 10mm ones to clear the Wilwood calipers.

Know what you mean about the outlay as well mate, it's never ending isn't it :)

Yep !! The outlay never stops !! but is always ending  :lol:
I've got 20 mm spacers all round.  Callipers just clear the wheels  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hi mate you have the same problems as me and many other on here.car looks great ,when you finish yours you can help me finish mine.as we still got to do that 1/4 mile race lol.

Back to the top
Don't know if it's the way you want to go but you could stretch some 155s on the wheels and adjust the camber in too get them in at the topO_oO_o

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 

Back to the top
I like the stretched look but it's not for me.  Rather be safe than sorry ! Can guarantee as well that mot laws will change in a year or two and would have to have arch work done anyway  O_o

Back to the top
Just a quick vid of the car running.  Sorted out the 2 fuel leaks that i noticed , one of which was from a join in the fuel line above the turbo which i'm not too impressed about !  O_o and the other from the fuel pump at the rear.  Noticed that the passenger door looks darker than the rest of the paint on the car so need to get that looked at when it goes back to the bodyshop for the arch extensions.
  Managed to get the roof fitted and the rear loom sorted out.

http://s55.beta.photobucket.com/user/baggie131183/media/79DC876D-97E1-4CCC-90A8-2E9C7B284177-542-000000345712C8FC_zps88564e41.mp4.html

Back to the top
Wahoooooooooo. It lives.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Coming together very well, will look so nice once finished.hope to get mine running in a few months.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.