Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

Amazing colour, look forward to seeing the end result with the TSR lump in it..Nice one

Back to the top
Got the door cards today and put the jl's into them. Just waiting for everything else now  :|

Back to the top
I've sent the porsche calipers to TSR now and have had a few calls from them regarding various things , so it seems like they are cracking on with it :)
  Meanwhile I was stumped to where I was going to put my tweeters ? I was going to try and mount them in some A pillar gauge pods but thought that it'd be a lot of hassle !! so decided to see if i could mount them in the air vents.  Just made the holders out of mdf and am thinking of getting them covered in the same leather as the door cards. The vent in the pic is just an old broken one that i'm using while making them up to see if they fit and I need to finish off sanding down the edges to get them straight.

Back to the top
trick little idea that! i like ;-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
What happens if you get hot?

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Hot ?……… Roof down :)

Not going to have the piping connected to the passenger and driver vent , just to the screen.

Back to the top
Got the script handles today and went about trying to find out how to change over the strikers.  Bit confusing as the mechs on my golf handle unscrew and the unit comes out of the handle. Had to drill out the rivet and change the striker and grind the seat of the striker out a bit so it moved more freely.  Just got to put a new rivet or something in so as that it stays in place. Only managed to do the one handle tonight and will do the other tomorrow and hopefully they will work once I fit them once the car is back.
  Going to get them polished up by the finishers at some point.

Back to the top
nicw find ad the hard bit is getting the golf mk1 barrel to work in the handles it took me a few days to sort out lol.

Back to the top
Cheers mike ! found them on ebay in th U.S. and had them shipped over.
  I've got different barrels all over the car mate so i'm leaving the porsche ones in as I had a different key for the drivers door , passenger door , boot and petrol cap. At least i've now got a key that opens 2 doors instead of one  :lol:
  I managed to swap everything over ok with the second handle today and am going over birmingham way to a polishers to get them mirrored tomorrow.
I've been up to the trimmers today to get the tweeter pods covered as well. Should be done by next week sometime.

Back to the top
Mr Postman brought me a nice gift today in the shape of a mooneyes steering wheel along with a boss.

Back to the top
Well i've been waiting about 3 months for these to come back from the platers and i'm very impressed  :D  I had all the chrome trim polished up and the bumpers re-worked and re-plated. They are genuine vw parts so thought it was worth getting them restored rather than buying the replicas. I also have paperwork with photos of the work that they corrected.

Back to the top
who did the plating mate was it a place in birmingham ?

Back to the top
Place in Coventry Gav. Here's the link mate. Marque restore

Back to the top
cabs unreal mate, just read this from start to finish. amazing turn around in the time. iv had mine as long as you and mine cost £300 also.
but in one week you've done what ive done in over a year  :banghead:
quality car. an inspiration  8)

Back to the top
Thanks for the comment dude !! appreciated. Hopefully yours will start coming along soon then !!

Ad.

Back to the top
Just seen this on TSR's facebook page :) Had to have a custom radiator made up by forge , so hopefully it shouldn't be too long now !!

Back to the top
Looking good Ad.i think you should buy my 6 speed gear box off me!

Back to the top
wow this is looking great, bet you cant wait for it to all be done, im looking forward to seeing this one in the flesh!

When Mikes is done you 2 should phone Golf+ for a double mag feature (if thats you cup of tea)

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
got the 5 speed in now mike :D

Back to the top
very nice, love the colour
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.