Skip navigation

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion (wide arched)

Back to the top

82 Cabriolet S3 TFSI TSR conversion

Just been up to check out my seats and am really happy with them !! Just getting the door cards made up at the mo'.

Back to the top
nice who did those?

have you got some close ups of the bolsters? I'd like to see what material you've used on them.

Back to the top
paint looks stunning

Back to the top
Theres a guy up in Moira near Swadlincote called Keith.  He re-trims a lot of splittys and and campers. He also does furniture too.
  Thats the only photo I have until Thurs when I go pick them up but the bolsters have been trimmed in a good quality leather. I will get some more pics when i get them on Thurs.

Back to the top
WOW! i love this is that like a candy red? love it

interior looks great and the plans at TSP are epic, fair play you are going to have one sorted motor there!

are you hoping to have it done and at the AGM this year?

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Hey Rich !!   I wanted to go for a candy red to start with but was was firmly pushed away from it by Tom & Pete and the guy at the paint shop.  They said that when you spray the dye on the large panel and go down the panel that it would go darker where the dye overlaps.
  The colour is a Harley Davidson red and it's turned out like the candy that I wanted but without the hassle :)
It should hopefully be sorted out by the end of July so not in time unfortunately :(

Back to the top
Hey Jon here are the pics of the leather on the bolsters

Bag.

Back to the top
So after 12 hours of driving here , there and everywhere !! I made it back home from dropping the car down to TSR for the engine conversion :)  Should hopefully be done within 5 weeks he said , but i'm in no rush for it yet and I reckon it will prob take 8 - 10 weeks. Hopefully the sun will have come out to play by then  :wink:

Bag.

Back to the top
VERY good paintwork you're sporting there 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
thanks for the photos, all looks great.

Back to the top
No worries Jon !!

The paint would have looked a lot better if the sun would have been shining hairy !!  Really pleased with how it's turned out though. Had nothing but positive comments :)

Back to the top
Dude your cabbys looking wicked! where in tamworth are you? i live on lakeside! Can i be cheeky and ask how much it cost to have your seats done :wink:

Back to the top
I'm in Belgrave Mathers we've got the chippy there. Spoke to you before i'm sure I have.  Think the seats cost me £450 - £500.

Bag.

Back to the top
No way! i used to go to your chippy on my dinner break when i was at belgrave school :D

Back to the top
How old ad you ? I went to Belgrave as well :)

Back to the top
I'm 30 years young bag :wink:  Whats your name then?

Back to the top
Adam Baggott I'm 28 and left in 2000. You ?

Back to the top
Yeah your name rings a bell! im Andy Mathers i left in 1998. you'll have to let me know when your cabbys done wouldn't mind having a look round it, or if you need any help  :wink:

Back to the top
Yeah will do mate !! We're you in Chris Socratous's year ? He's my brother in law.

Back to the top
Yeah Chris was in my class! small world!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.