Skip navigation

Car Insurance

Back to the top

Car Insurance

bang to rights you got me, fair cop but then a lie that aint gonna come out, cos i dont use the car for work fullstop to be found out, so lets put it another way how many people have said they got use off garage or or drive at night but atualy lie about that or better still dont use it becuase they got a mk1 already taking that space

Back to the top
or infact lie about the millage they will be covering, or dont even tell the insurance about the non standard wheels or a the poxy little air filters they bolt on,

or better still insuring there car as 1.3 when its really got 2ltr turbo monster under the bonnet

Back to the top
I agree mate.

There are thousands of people out there that dont declare all mods ect, but they run the risk aswell.

What would you say/do if someone crashed into you and it turned out there insurance was void and you had to foot the bill?

Back to the top
i think its one off those topics where we can go round and round in circles, some people will take a small risk, right or wrong

so i'l highlight now its not a clever idea to get insurance by deception as paul puts it, totaly agree but whats to say i did not change my job a week after policy was taken out hey, i think its more inportant if i modifyed the car i'm insuring that there notifed

and no one wants to get hit by someone whos not insured i have had this happen to me many years ago, thankfully car only had small dent on the wing and no real damage,

right or wrong

Back to the top

since_1983 said

perhaps not but why should i pay extra becuase i drive another veichle thats already got a paid insurance policy, and why should they up my premuim becuase my job is one they doont like, i've never had a crash in ten years so clearly for me i'm as low risk as a shelf stacker, perhaps dont make it right but same time why should i pay over the odds for being a safe driver
i agree 100%. i pay more if told them im a mechanic so i tell them im a sales assisant. hey presto down it goes.

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top
If you change your job within a week of getting your car insurance, have a look at the small print. Some insurers will ask to be informed if any of the details which are declared (and signed for) on the policy, change. Some will only require changes at renewal time - but it depends on the small print of your particular policy. Same goes for any other significant changes, eg engine swap, losing your job and becoming unemployed (yeah, it sucks, that one! Your insurance will go up!), change of address, etc etc

Its not up to you what you decide is more important or not, to tell your insurance. Its up to you to make sure you comply as best as possible with the conditions they impose on you, as part of the contract. If you don't keep your side of the bargain (eg by telling them the right info in the first place, or informing them in a reasonable time if it changes) then they don't have to keep their side of the bargain.

They have experts whose job it is to minimise the insurance company's payout, they'll do this by any & every means they can, using as sophisticated technology as they can get their hands on (these days they're using voice analysis to try and determine if you're lying when you phone them - and they'll keep the recordings of all their telephone conversations for a VERY long time!) They'll also give a car a VERY THOROUGH going over to try and find modifications with it. Oh, and they'll browse internet forums too.

And finally…..they keep a database of those people who have tried to fraudulently obtain insurance, and share it amongst all other insurance companies.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.