Skip navigation

10 years later...

Back to the top

1987 Mk1 Cab

Thanks lads, it really means a lot. None of this would have been possible without my good friend Andrew @ North East Auto Tech. I spend a lot of time working away and his work and assistance has been second to none. It definitely wouldn't be where it is today without him.

There has been many ups and downs wth this car, from storage to bodyshops, but I am feeling like I may finally have a car to enjoy next Summer.

polynesian said

Can't believe I've missed this one- it's coming on really well and there's some lovely attention to detail in there. Do you mind if I ask about the rad set up you have- what specific rad it is, the fan and brackets? Looks like it may sit under the slam panel? But it also has a header tank- all interesting to me… thanks for any details.

Of course; the radiator was made by Joe Curtis at Fresh Reflections. It uses factory pins with one bolt to front panel. It drops low enough under the slam panel to allow good air flow to your trumpets. There's a few options with colours and necks etc. I think it's one of his 'off the shelf' items now.

Last edit: by Foxster

Back to the top
Wow that's some restoration, it's going to be painted and finished better than it was new!  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Thanks mate.

A few more updates:

IMG_2757.JPG IMG_2758.JPG IMG_2759.JPG IMG_2760.JPG IMG_2761.JPG

Back to the top
A few more updates/mock-ups:

IMG_2828.JPG IMG_2829.JPG IMG_2831.JPG IMG_2830.JPG IMG_2834.JPG IMG_2835.JPG IMG_2836.JPG IMG_2837.JPG IMG_2838.JPG IMG_2839.JPG

Last edit: by Foxster

Back to the top
Well what can I say? :D Well done!

I always wanted to start a project like that, but I am not quite there yet, need to get a space for it first :)

It is extremely satisfying to look at those pictures, but my partner does not understand the satisfaction :D :D :D

Back to the top
Heat-shield is in place:

IMG_2885.JPG

Back to the top
Looks beautiful! Thanks also for the connection with fresh reflections, very high quality and aesthetic work. Thumbs up!

Back to the top
What are you doing with the heater hole as you don't seem to have a scuttle panel to stop all the fumes from the engine getting into the car if you put a heater in there?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
I will likely blank off the blower opening. I didn't want to weld and remove it in case I ever wanted to put the scuttle back in and run the blower. Either a carbon or stainless plate. 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.