Skip navigation

Dans MK1 Golf - 2.0 ABF 16v, ZX9R Bike Carbs, Ibis White

Back to the top

Dans White MK1 Wabbit

Cheers peeps! I'm off to the big show in Worthersee sunday, can't wait! I'm hoping I can get my series 1 rear panel welded in soon too ;)

Back to the top
such a nice car, make me some end caps ;) ££

sproutsy

Back to the top

danosborne661 said

Sorry for the late reply! Yea I go to those from time to time but don't usually drive to be honest, I might do now I got a few things sorted, take a look ;)

AWESOME!!!!
 :lol:

Back to the top
nice effort :clap:  :clap:
your car will be more enjoyable with 16v :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
Not much progress, engine has come quite away, expecting delivery of my custom bike carb manifold this week! Still gathering parts :) Other than that thinking of switching to 14's, I really like my wheels but at the moment I'm running 175/60's. I'd like to run less rubber but I don't want the dreaded arch gap you get with 175/50's :(

Not really that keen on most of the 14's made though.. Anyways heres a pic after it was clean at Bristol Volksfest!

Back to the top
Wow haven't posted in a while, last time I did it was on the road lol. Well I took it off about a year a go to start the conversion so here's my progress.

Received my custom made ZX9R carb manifold made by a mate

Also overall progress on the engine

CV's (before refurb)

Exhaust mani (Ignore other bits)

The last of the 1.3!

Also had these arch spats made out of fibreglass

BUH BYE

Smelly engine bay :(

Back to the top
Car day!

Requested some help from my Dad trying to seperate pedal box from steering column

Loom removed and labeled

Getting cleaner

Wilwood pedal box :D

Cleaning off the factory seal

Damaged to be repaired :(

Getting cleaner :)

Back to the top
CVD's refurbed, waiting for boots

Car day again :)

MK4 Shifter in

Dash out, feels like im going backwards :(

CLUTCH

Sanded back more

Bit of primer

Changing clutch

fitted :)

Wings coming off

Ready for holes to be welded up

Sound deadened and hammerited

Half the smoothing done!

Looking better

Bracket drawings for my pedal box

That's where I'm at so far :D

Back to the top
Treating the rusty parts of the bay with rust treatment. Turns where there was rust to good solid metal

Got bored of working on the engine bay so thought I'd clean up the rear turrets

Primered so I can test painting the interior before I do the engine bay

Also made rear blanks when doing the interior

Sanded back primered areas that needed it

Fillered in key areas and reapplied the primer

Will sand back the fillered areas tomorrow :)

Back to the top
I don't usually post on here really but I might start doing so, looks like a lot of links from my car have died. Anyways thought I'd post you an update

To cut a long story short, this was the car two years ago

Smoothed and painted which took forever

Engine first in

Other bits bolted up, now I'm trying to work out the wiring :(

Back to the top
Wow what a transformation mate. Top job. Good luck sorting the wiring.

Looking forward to updates.

Smudger

Back to the top
looking good dan! hopefully wiring shouldnt be too hard.. hopefully crack on with mine over xmas

Back to the top
Cheers James!

I'm back on here because I seen your status on facebook lol. Hoping wiring will be ok but at the moment I'm struggling to find a perfect wiring diagram as the ones in the haynes are meant for a 1980's car which seems to have a slightly different set-up.

Back to the top
ha yea.. ive been on here a while but never used it up untill recently cos im now trying to sort stuff out! and got a list of stuff i need from crazy quiffs and the members discount makes abit of a difference! yea im not looking forward to mine my old engine was bodged in and i didnt record wires.. may just be a case of plug em in sumwere and see what happens?

Back to the top
Sweet progress today, started the fun which is wiring :DBig shout out to rubjonny who pointed me in the right direction a few times. Was much easier actually splicing the loom up and getting to it then trying to work things out in theory, turns out it isn't too bad to do :)Here it is anyway.

Cut cut cut, extend extend extend

The routing

Finished for the day :)Looking SWEET!

Back to the top
Top work mate. Like the routing thing you're doing with the car. It's going to look brilliant when finished.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
when u looking to have it done by dan? u gonna take it to worthersee next year?

Back to the top
Hey guys, not long time no speak! My first post back on here in 7 years!

I haven’t touched the car in a while after finishing my build, I used to post on edition38 but noticed the forum has disappeared since getting my car back out. I thought I should resurrect this one.

Here’s a couple of posts from my absence -

Cut and welded an S1 panel into place, what a pig
0012EF6F-9016-4011-84AB-F9D089DCB468.jpeg

Car was then resprayed in ibis white
6C3A4EA8-A1EE-469F-A441-B17AB3BDF60B.jpeg

Cheeky
9344A2A5-02D8-41D4-91E3-34E236764942.jpeg

Decided hidden reservoirs in the dash was a pain, made a mount to get them in the bay 54876FC4-585E-4BD9-BA33-1A8AC0D85B3D.jpeg

Engine bay, I have a larger alloy rad since then but you get the idea
6E9C50C3-942F-4E2A-889A-93111A66F71A.jpeg

Sweeeeeeeeeet
2FA8D5D0-65E7-40D9-8A03-A846D8EE61DB.jpeg

Maintenance day
01D9CCE3-CF8F-4023-88B8-C9626C8FC4A4.jpeg

I then took the car off the road winter of 2018, stripped the interior carpets and repainted it myself, fitted flexi brake lines through out and rewired the engine into a MIL-C quick release connector that went through the bulkhead
C39080C2-CB92-47BE-9928-0A3B81882B5A.jpeg

Final interior shot. Looking for a replacement wheel but was testing this one for its depth
9BCB526E-90AC-4AC5-A6B7-9DC14CA40156.jpeg

So why am I resurrecting this thread? I’m going to be doing a few bits to the car after the last few years in storage - here’s what’s coming.

- The gearing on 13’s is terrible, so I have just ordered 15” Ronal turbos and 175/55 tyres
- The standard 239mm brakes are also terrible, so I will be upgrading to a 280mm G60 set-up
- I’ll be ordering some velocity stacks and tuning to the carbs up

Last edit: by danosborne661

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.