Skip navigation

Dans MK1 Golf - 2.0 ABF 16v, ZX9R Bike Carbs, Ibis White

Back to the top

Dans White MK1 Wabbit

I've owned this car since November 2009 so thought I'd fire up my pics from it so far after the year n a half I've owned it!

When I bought it, November 2009

Yum lol

THEN the modding began, cheapy coilies arrived a few days later and got fitted along with a duck chin n smoked indicators, duck chin lasted a whole few days! Also car was running real bad, where the filler neck was corroded sand got into all the system so had to get new filler neck, tank and carb cleaned out but has been running nice since

Last edit: by danosborne661

Back to the top
Stock Driver vs the Corrado seats I had in my MK3 Polo

Also swapped the MK1 Vinyl headrests with the stock fabric Raddo ones as I thought the vinyl looked cool

Started to spray paint my headlining, grey was gay! :D

DONE headlining :D

GTI Arches removed

How the car was looking, lower n covered in muck :D

Back to the top
My Atiwes that I was running on my Polo were not good. I forgot about my polo as I was busy playing around with my Golf in the winter so my wheels which I had to a nice gleaming finish were all pitted and nasty. Here is how they looked after the salt from winter -

After a bit of work ;) 13x7" btw

A LOT of effort later and they were gleaming away looking awesome  Not a fan of 175/50 tyres as I think they look too small on 13's so I went for 175/60's, not that you can really see them!

Now has standard grill with red GTI trim, CL chin, X lights and wheels are on. Yes the bumper is hanging off and this was before mega lowering :D

Back to the top
Wasn't stanced quite right but put 1.5 degrees of camber to pull the front wheels in, handles ace this way too :D

Now I had my arches rolled, rear arch holes smoothed, aerial and rear wiper smoothed, decked it some more and got a Wabbit badge :D Photos from edition38 2010

Back to the top
Bit of a spontaneous buy, I used to prefer the bigger plastic bumpers but I now prefer the little metal ones.  I looked into buying the metal ones but they looked like they were going to cost a lot! I seen on performance-trim.com that they do the Carbon fibre series 1 bumpers but these were also very pricey, in the description it said they would make fibre glass ones so I got in contact, £170 later and after 3 weeks of them being made I got myself 2 fibre glass series 1 bumpers! Insanely light and cost about half the price, you won't want to have a knock with them on though as they will just explode :D

Modded the Series 2 brackets to take them, sod paying £100 again for 4 brackets!

Bonded, no screws here :D

Front & Rear, now I was left with gay marks and clips from the Series 2 bumpers!

Also time for winter!

Winter set

Resprayed some panels that were not looking the best!

Back to the top
Now running thin side strips, blue winter Atiwes for winter with lame 185/60 tyres, tango indicators (will be going back to black). From this photo though you can see a bit of the mess from the old bumpers.

Other then that I have just had the gunk on the side smoothed and resprayed

Ohhh and some Porsche seats now on the way ;)

Thanks for the comments so far, lots more work to come and please ignore the blue winter wheels with big rubber :D

Back to the top
Only a little update, but since buying the small fibre glass bumpers I haven't had any end caps. I checked online and for a full set theyre £84… just for some plastic caps?! I thought this was some sort of joke so there was noooo way I was paying this. So over Christmas I thought I would make some, made a cast from wood and then got them vancum formed in the appropriate material. Haven't fully cut them out yet and this is only 2mm thick for a prototype but take a look. I don't own any original caps so just done it from eye, done a quick test fit and they fit perfect :D

Found this old picture, I was running the old plastic bumpers and thick side trim but still :)

Also made some number plate brackets, using liquid metal to hold the nuts in place so I can take the plate on and off easy

Number plate now in place and you can see I've got the end caps I made on the bumpers! (Well one side anyway :P)

Summer Atiwes all polished up ready to go on in March :D

Back to the top
Sorry for the late reply! Yea I go to those from time to time but don't usually drive to be honest, I might do now I got a few things sorted, take a look ;)

Back to the top
Series 1 Rear panel to slice in to place at some point :)

Kawakazi ZX9R Carbs for my upcoming 2.0 litre 16v ABF conversion

Back to the top
liking this mate keep it up

Back to the top
I thought it would be time to fit my Porsche seats :D

Cut the crap from the under side

My Golf and my mates Polo who is helping me with the welding :D

Welding MK1 subframes on Porsche seats time!

Nice!

Looking sweet :) They are actually black leather just a shite photo :P

Back to the top
looks a beast and i do love those wheels how much for the winter set? ;)

when you planning on getting the new engine in?

Back to the top
Few updates - I CLEANED IT! So I thought I would show some clean shots of the car :)

Clean!

Not so clean Porsche seats, they got sand on from the beach

Resprayed my splitter as it was looking grey and also my badge, can't see it in this photo though!

Sat

Oh and I may of got a 2.0 16v ABF engine to put in ;)

Back to the top
looks awesome matey really like this car! cant wait to get mine going! sick of riding on my bmx everywhere now!