Skip navigation

re-makes of the original stereo head unit?

Back to the top

re-makes of the original stereo head unit?

I am trying to search for a original radio for my mk1. Would really like to know which type i should be looking for. I found this one on german ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Classic-Car-Radio-Grundig-Emden-VW-Golf-MK1-/300525341008?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f8b4c950#ht_500wt_1156

What do you guys think or should i keep searching?

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club is currently closed 1982 Mars Red Tin Top 3dr GTI

Back to the top
Yeah I looked at that one to. Looks OK. The one I got had loads more details with it so that's kind of why I went with that one.
Doesn't look like they come up very often so might be worth giving it a punt?

1983 Mk1 Golf 1.8 GTI CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE.

1991 Polo Coupe 1.3 CL.

Back to the top
era, seems like you found one!  i call the blaupunkt blue spots because i never remember how to spell blau whatever.

also any more info on you car, it look ace.  i am nearly done on my helios blue campaign.  standard apart from suspension.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
I think i will just wait for one to come up, i don't need it straight away as the car needs other work done, sad face.

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club is currently closed 1982 Mars Red Tin Top 3dr GTI

Back to the top
Sorry for the late feedback, anyway I have a the box sitting on the side ready to open, haven't had time to look properly yet, will update with some pics soon. Oh i'll also add some info on my car. Was thinking of starting a thread anyway. Cool.

1991 Polo Coupe 1.3 CL.

Back to the top
OK, This is what I got. Will fit it soon:

1991 Polo Coupe 1.3 CL.

Back to the top
ok, they are looking cooool, really need an original sterio, never tought about looking on german ebay DUH !!!

Beetle, 1966
Beetle 1970
Beetle 1967
Beetle 1967
Mk1 Golf GTI '83 - Mars Red
Mk1 Golf CLi '83 Cabrio - Lagos Yellow
Beetle 1956 !!(sweeeet)

Back to the top

GavB95 said

I've got a very nice early Blaupunkt radio with tape cassette function, I think it's originally from a 911SC.

Early Blaupunkts have the Aux connection on the back, the aux cables are easy enough to make, or can be bought online and connect through the Aux DIN slot.

I've bought and sold quite a few period Blaupunkts now, I've got a bit of a fetish for them!  :redfaced:

Mk1 Golf original blaupunkt head unit:

Mk2 Golf Typ19 Blaupunkt headunit:

I've got a period Blaupunkt CD player in the Sportline (I'll take some pics of it and the Porsche unit this afternoon).

Do you have any of these original tape decks for sale at the moment? Would love to know! :)

Back to the top
I have recently picked up this 
it has a lead out the back to plug in to my phone, hopefully it works as it's going in my helios mk1 resto

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.