Skip navigation

mk1 golf tfsi turbo the beast for 2011 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

mk1 golf tfsi turbo the beast for 2011 and beyond!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome mate. Mine needs mapping as going with a KO4 on the AGU. Check out my thread tomorrow night there should fingers crossed be a decent update on there.  :nerd:

Back to the top
i will defo take a peek.....wicked....

Back to the top
Any updates on this?

Back to the top
also very interested in how this one is going mate :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Hi there to all I have not been on here for a while due to family duties, I have neglected the mk1 for a lil while but I am back on it, I have done some bits and changed some parts to my build, firstly I am going power steering on my mk1 so I had to modify a 1.8t alternator bracket to fit the Tfsi engine. I made a cradle to house the radiator and intercooler with the rad fan so they all come out as one and I am waiting for a slot in the garage so I can finish the engine bay ( power steering n paint) I will have some pics soon of what's been done but rest assure I am going full 100 again on my project. :ninja:

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Back to the top
This will be epic, great effort  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hi, nice project, I have fitted a BWJ K04 TFSI into my Mk1 but have to plumb it and wire it yet.

How are you going about wiring it up, are you using a QPENG kit?

What turbo have you fitted?

Have you trial fitted the engine yet?

I have also used 1.8T mounts on mine and the outlet pipe from the turbo to the intercooler won't fit.

My Mk1 is LHD so I picked up a genuine rack from a late LHD Cabrio, I am going to use an electric/hydraulic pump with it so I won't have to modify the TFSI alternator and brackets.

Back to the top
What pump are you running to sustain the 6.6 bar filter pressure?

The tfsi game has come a long way since you started out on ths project but looks good all the same  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Dirrt - i've fitted a couple of tfsi in mk4 and mk3' you can space the pipe out to clear the 1.8t p/s pump

Back to the top
Hi, I'm not worried about the pump, the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler just won't physically fit when the engine is in the Mk1.

There is so few Mk1 TFSI projects around I am struggling to find out how people are overcoming this problem.

Some people are using different mounts too so they might not have this problem.

I emailed CrazyQuiff to see what he did and got no reply.

Mine is a K04 as well, K03 conversion's might be slightly different?

Back to the top
Turbo outlets are same on k03 / 04 on fwd engines, whats the problem, pipe on chassis leg?

Back to the top
Yeah, down low around where the driveshaft goes through and near the front wishbone bush mounting point.

There's no room down there.

Sorry for clogging the thread OP.

Heres my thread on ED38, I must start one over here.

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=433883&hl=

Back to the top
Great colour engine  :thumbs:

I'm lovin' a TFSI engined Lhasa MK1  :ninja:

Back to the top

Lhasa2008 said

Great colour engine  :thumbs:

I'm lovin' a TFSI engined Lhasa MK1  :ninja:

yea its looks good, have alot of bits to do cause i modified it alot so its alot of fiddling about but i will get there soon the engine bay has been done and all the bits has been set in place so now its just fitting time, not using the standard tfsi oil filter i am using the natural aspirated fsi oil filter housing so i have to mod the water pipes and its just crazy.and i have to fit the g60 fly wheel and vr6 clutch, i am using the mk3 16v gearbox also so its a bit to do still then it can go in

Back to the top
Wow I ain't been here for ages well the car is finished mk1 tfsi intergrated engineering rods arp studs head and main Power steering amongs a whole lots of mods went a bit crazy 😂😂 but it was all worth it car drives sweet. 

Back to the top
any pictures of the final product?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.