Skip navigation

my Mk1 20v 1.8t k04 hybrid dyno results 16/08/2015

Back to the top

Mk1 20vt Megasquirt attempt (and it runs woop woop )

Ooh I'm liking this.  :)

I was looking at those frankenturbo's the other week.

Be interested to see how you get on with it all.

Back to the top
fitted manifold today suprised how much room there is. had some manifold nuts machined with 12mm on the back fitted nicely. turbo next

Back to the top
Looks great mate. Did you get some pics of the expansion tank mounting??

Back to the top
here they are. mounted the tank using mk1 golf radiator brackets just flip them upside down. 1 mounted on suspenstion tunnel and 1 inner wing. also smaller washer bottle fitted so i can my coil pack in there

Back to the top
Lovely, thanks mate.

Back to the top
Mathew (trackslag) needed a mk1 to make a k04 downpipe for his range of downpipes. so i agreed he could take my car and use it for template. fair play to him traveled from newcastle today and i had to quickly fit the rentless manifold and turbo . took me 9hr to fit the manifold alone. hands cuts and battered never again i advise any 1 doing a rentless manifold to take the head of. two bolts i just couldnt get a spanner in there . hope to have it back weekend with its new downpipe.

Back to the top
well matthew (trackslag.com) sent me some pitures of the k04 downpipe. they made for my car and for there downpipes . they manged to get a 3 inch downpipe which is just amazing. comes in two pieces for easy fitment. £295 deliverd to your door next day bargin . here sum pitcures

Back to the top
I've got one mate on pre-order ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

get a v3 manifold you know u want to. lol let me know if you want 1 i direct you to rentelss uk dealer. you got engine out of car aswell best  k04 mod out there :)

Back to the top

peterg60 said

smudger1980 said

get a v3 manifold you know u want to. lol let me know if you want 1 i direct you to rentelss uk dealer. you got engine out of car aswell best  k04 mod out there :)

Got one already mate in my shed waiting for Sunday to be fitted  :twisted:  :twisted:  8)

Back to the top
sorted

Back to the top
Pete what heat matt did you go for behind the turbo and manifold?

Back to the top
i brought this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320690415183?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

loads left after cutting it. use the rest on heater matrix pipes. also as you going to run rentless manifold you want a heat shield just behind the  rocker cover gasket and coil packs so it dont burn it. there are 2 bolt holes in the head where you can fix it to. i be doping my weekend so i post pitures

Back to the top
OK cheers mate will look into it. Also I am in need of some bolts to fix manifold to turbo. Which size did you go for?

Back to the top
you want turbo studs instead of bolt easya to fit manifold to turbo as 2 u wont get 2. you need 3 studs part number

n90767801  58p each

and cooper nuts  

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380507393822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

and get some m10 nordlock washers aswell to keep it tight

Back to the top
NO I meant which bolts are you using for turbo to manifold mate. There's 3 holes. One has slight cut out to get to, the other is easy and the 3rd one is a right pain. Which bolts did you use for them?

Back to the top
didnt use bolts used
studs the same as where the downpipe  attched to.. you wind them into turbo using the 2 nut method so they are tight  and then slide turbo up into manfoild and then use the cooper nuts i take a pitcure of my trm

not my pitures but same as used by me

image hosting

pic hosting

picture hosting

Back to the top
Ah I'm with you. Is it secure like that? I'm guessing you didn't use bolts due to access issues.?

Back to the top
U won't get a bolt on 2 of the holes
Use nord lock washers

Back to the top
I told you we don't need bolts and that the k04 is stud mounted………….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.