Skip navigation

my Mk1 20v 1.8t k04 hybrid dyno results 16/08/2015

Back to the top

Mk1 20vt Megasquirt attempt (and it runs woop woop )

ther is a post on here somewhere on the brembo's but if you got half the then stick with them. as for the German language i use google chrome on my laptop and it seems to convert the language automatically!!
iv just took delivery of a 20valve turbo engine so expect a build thread soon!!

Back to the top
for futher ref if any body ordering from epytec ,got reply from evtec 83 pound delivered to any where in uk . to order just use there website(http://www.epytec.de/) as when u log into paypal it reverts to evtec website and has all your details already there . got my on order should be here wenesday shipped with dhl tracked

Back to the top
thanks bert for coming around and looking if my timing was right, as i was on a para that it go bang on start up cheers m8

Back to the top
getting exciting now, can start car weekend  look what the postman brought today a plug and play ms loom built by rubjonny and my ms ecu built  by toytec thanks lads  look at loom nice and easy [:P][:P][:P]

Back to the top
and she runs :) :) started first time cuts out now and then just need the map sensor fitting to ecu but glad it dant go bang :)

Back to the top
got it ideling nicley, got rev counter working, water system all bleed sounds amasing. just need to fit g60 brakes and get it mapped. be all ready for next month.
in all it cost me 2100 with no mechanical knowledge at all(alot of pm to rubjonny) ,its all bout time and wating for bits. happy days :)

Back to the top
tidy the engine bay abit last week . fitted g60 280mm disk just got the exhaust to fit and  it ready finally

Back to the top
Great work! I'm impressed…

I'm toying with the idea of the same conversion but wouldn't know where to start.

Where did you get all your info and advice? Is there a guide anywhere?

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top

djrussf1 said

Great work! I'm impressed…

I'm toying with the idea of the same conversion but wouldn't know where to start.

Where did you get all your info and advice? Is there a guide anywhere?

all info come of this site and cgti site. everything you need to know http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=94357

find a agu engine and get your mounts sorted then the rest just falls in place

Back to the top
Thanks for that.

Which gearbox did you use? Did you change the gear selector box also? It looks like it in your photo.

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top

Mk1 20vt Megasquirt project attempt(bodyshop pictures added)

cda gearbox out of mk3 16v and a corrado g60 gear selector but ive a 02j box with mk4 shifter and going to be fitting diff in gearbox when i have time

Back to the top
just got the car half stripped for its full re-paint. later on th week cant wait

Back to the top
Amazing job mate!! well done, my mates done this conversion and im just about to start mine, are you using hydraulic clutch or cable?

Back to the top
using cable clutch but going hydlic

Back to the top
well bodyshop rang me today and said my arches inner and out and sill were rotten as !!!!. they said whom ever painted it last just filled over everything (wounded). so i went down today and cried like a baby on the floor. im gutted when i brought the car last year everything was fine checked everything but all was hidden. went home sat down and i was gunna buy a rolling shell of my m8 but fought no rot ant gunna defeat me and i wanted to save another mk1 so rang body shop and said all parts will be with them  by weekend. all the work i did on engine converstion i wasnt letting this shell go. its not that bad just arches mainly.
all the pitures below are when bodyshop hit with hammer and it was just filled  lol rust r us.

so i ordered

rear both inner arch
rear outter arch
both sills
rear panel
repair panel fuel
lucky the rear axel mounts are intact

Back to the top
Dude, dont panic its better theyre doing a proper job now, its only a little more time and money! lol, gives you a chance to get them to pull them out nice and wide so you can drop it lower  :wink:

Back to the top
not a major update but things are rolling stripped golf last weekend and body shop has fitted all panels. car be back with me for christmas holidays so i can complete it :)

Back to the top
anymore updates on this one?

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
looks nice mate keep up the good work.

Back to the top
getting into tis, loving the 1.8t conversion.... deffo want to do it now :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.