Skip navigation

PNERivage's Rivage Restore

Back to the top

PNERivage's Rivage Restore

nobbysnuts said

well done for car of the month, where did you get your engine mounts from as I would like to do mine soon. thanks in advance.

If you update your interior with big norms and you have a good spare seat left over I may well be interested so I can sort out my tired drivers seat, no rush though.

PNERivage is just after the cloth off my seats mate, not the actual seats themselves.

Back to the top

nobbysnuts said

well done for car of the month, where did you get your engine mounts from as I would like to do mine soon. thanks in advance.

If you update your interior with big norms and you have a good spare seat left over I may well be interested so I can sort out my tired drivers seat, no rush though.

cheers matey,

engine mounts .. ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK1-1-8-GTI-CABRIOLET-ENGINE-MOUNT-SET-C504_W0QQitemZ200509265775QQcategoryZ9889QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp5197.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4831709267588098741

but check out this post too
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=92971&highlight=

Yes, should be able to sort something out.. I had sorted mine once and was forced to buy a full interior for £200 but the bolster is starting to go on that now  :banghead:

Back to the top
I have some material but a seat base would be a lot easier to use for a repair, thanks for the info.

Back to the top

nobbysnuts said

I have some material but a seat base would be a lot easier to use for a repair, thanks for the info.

so you are just after a foam base? PM funk-star..

Back to the top
All is good

flange and engine mounts  on last week although whilst fitting one of the mounts they had my cam belt cover off and thought it would be a good idea to change my cam belt..  I looked like the original one and was pooped..  

So that meant they ran out of time to fit my newly bushed ARB.  

Had it in today and fitted.  Now all knocks have gone   :D

old (Taken after removal)

from funk-star with my new bushes and brackets added (taken prior to taking to garage)

can you circle the differences :lol:

Well happy..  That me done till after chrismas now  (proper skint thou  :whiteflag: )

Back to the top
Hi tony

is that the original anti roll bar? just fitted new bushes and brackets? or did you purchase new ARB?

cheers mate.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Hi tony

is that the original anti roll bar? just fitted new bushes and brackets? or did you purchase new ARB?

cheers mate.

Hi Mate,

I have updated my post

It's a new ARB off funk-star (it was a good'un , cheers mark)as mine was damaged

I cleaned it up and fitted new bushes (from vwspares.co.uk) and end clamps(from http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/)

bigger pics
Old ARB
New ARB

If I had the time to take it off the road and to work on it I would probably have stripped all the suspension off and sent the brake disk back plate, strut leg, hub, arb to be blasted and powder coated and also buy a pair of new febi wishbones with bushes and ball joints

Cheers
Tony

Back to the top
Have you a name for person who will blast and powder coat?

Back to the top

urbanracer said

Have you a name for person who will blast and powder coat?

I have not approached them but I would try these guys

http://www.wheelrepair.co.uk/

Back to the top
Great updates Tony.  8) It's amazing how different the car feels with fresh ARB bushes isn't it!  :D

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Some good work there mate.

I can see me using this thread next year when I come to do the same jobs.

Back to the top
Excellent work! - Going to do the arb bushes on mine now... might even change the arb or give it a good old clean as it looks a little rusty. Well done...

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Well before it disappears from the home page I thought I would copy it onto my thread  :wink:.  Once again thanks to the COTM team and thanks to those who voted

Car of the month - November 2010

The Person
Hi I'm PNERivage and my real name is Tony (and yes PNE is Preston North End). I'm 35 and have been into VW's since my teens. I initially wanted a Beetle convertible as my first car but it never happened. My first car was a Talbot Samba (you are allowed to laugh). I eventually got my first golf age 21 which was a red mk3 cl with PAS. After that I had a mk3 VR6 (previously owned by none other than Pat Sharp from ITV's Funhouse!). I then moved onto an Audi S3 but as the pitter-patter of Tiny feet came along it meant yet another change of car. We now have an Audi A3 2.0 Tdi, our family daily driver and my Rivage. I work in Preston and most of the time I ride into work just a mile and a half away on My 1976 Vespa Rally 200. I work for BT where I am an IT consultant.

The Purchase
A friend was selling his fully restored campaign and I would have got it dirt cheap but I wanted to try and get a young mk1 and I also fancied a convertible. After some research I spotted a Rivage on eBay that didn't meet its reserve and made the guy an offer. A couple of days later he called me back to say he was reluctantly going to accept. That weekend my dad took me all the way to Chesterfield where I blindly bought the car (after knocking £500 off his reserve). You could say it was an impulse buy. I got lucky really. I bought my Rivage in 2006, and joined the forum.. Wish I had the Campaign too!

The Project
As the Rivage is a limited edition I decided I was never going to modify it from standard (it was virtually standard when purchased). The only thing i did between 2006 and the start of 2010 was rewire the dash lights (the pcb was goosed) and obtain some trim clips.

So really the project started in Jan 2010 and it started with a new hood.. You can see my project Here. Since then I have also resprayed the bumpers and bonnet, had a full car professional polish, new number plates fitted, fixed the interior bolsters and material, fixed heated seats, replaced cigarette lighter, new stereo and aerial installed, sat nav hard wired, new lamps installed, new exhaust, new radiator, MFA fixed and dash lights fixed properly.

Since Jan I have added another 450+posts and have been very busy restoring and getting involved with the forum and helping users. I have made many good friends through the forum in this time. I had worked hard to get the mk1 looking good for Uttoxeter and even talked the Mrs into coming but unfortunately I blew my radiator on the way. So my Rivage is looking pretty good at the moment but still have a dream at some point trying to get this car as concourse as possible. ie full re spray and detailing……. but that may just be a pipe dream

Thanks for reading and thank you for voting for me.

Tony

PNERivage

Back to the top
LOL tony you after some discount?

also stock new arb rubbers.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

LOL tony you after some discount?

also stock new arb rubbers.

:lol: always after discount

seriously though always happy to recommend good service  8)

I've got a few parts spare  if your interested

2 pairs of top mount caps
1  brand new 4 speed golf ball gear knob
1 brand new drivers side a pillar trim
1 tailgate lock seal

Back to the top

Re: PNERivage's Rivage Restore

PNERivage said

Rub down and resprayed my wiper arms

I'd like to do mine, paint has chipped over the years and I want them looking good again.

What did you do and use?

Back to the top

Re: PNERivage's Rivage Restore

NellyCB said

I'd like to do mine, paint has chipped over the years and I want them looking good again.

What did you do and use?

I just took them off sanded them down and resprayed a couple of times with matt back spray.  I did take them to the powder coaters but they wouldnt do them. said it wouldnt work cause of the hinge

Back to the top
Well its been quite a while since my last update :-)

over the last year or so had a new Petrol tank and filler neck (proper cabby one) and join pipe, a New Steering rack

All this for MOT may 2014

and in the last year I only did 700 miles :-(  and it flew through this years MOT :-)

Struggling to use is as now with 4 kids, as you know you only have 2 rear seats in a Cabby., I cant get everyone in

Need to sort my drivers bolster again and tweek the Hood and its going up for sale.. gonna be so sad to see it go having owned it 9 years

Back to the top
nearly 2 years on since my last update .. and I Still own the car..  just in the process of giving it some TLC..  

So here goes..

cleaned the roof  and treated with Fabsil .. nice bit of beading now   :)

WP_20170314_09_49_35_Pro.jpg WP_20170314_17_27_07_Pro.jpg

new aerial
WP_20170315_13_55_12_Pro.jpg

sealed round the failed mastic on between the heater housing and the scuttle tray

WP_20170307_09_45_00_Pro.jpg

Drivers seat gone off for repair

P1030730.JPG

Heater matrix, plus pipework and bulk head grommet changed
WP_20170307_09_44_38_Pro.jpg WP_20170310_13_13_05_Pro.jpg WP_20170315_13_55_27_Pro.jpg WP_20170315_13_56_34_Pro.jpg

Carpets Shampooed new corner binding to be stitched in soon

WP_20170311_14_19_50_Pro.jpg WP_20170311_14_19_54_Pro.jpg

New sound deadening and underlay ready to go in once I am 100% that no water is getting in..  its surprising how many of the bulk head grommets are letting water in..  a good clean and a grease should sort it :)

more updates to follow

Back to the top
Can't believe it's 2 years!! Nice to see you're still with it though ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.