Skip navigation

PNERivage's Rivage Restore

Back to the top

PNERivage's Rivage Restore

Cars looking good with the suspension done mate.

As for them gear knobs I will be ordering one tomorrow I think.

How much was the suspension mate if you don't mind me asking.

Back to the top
I contacted my local VW dealer here and was quoted almost €46 for the same gear knob this evening. Even with sterling difference and postage it's still much cheaper on your side.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Cars looking good with the suspension done mate.

As for them gear knobs I will be ordering one tomorrow I think.

How much was the suspension mate if you don't mind me asking.

here was my shopping list

from  http://www.vwspares.co.uk/g1csuspension.php

*07359 Strut Top Mount (In Stock) £22.04
*08431 Mount Spacer Sleeve (In Stock) £1.00
07299 Bumpstop, Front (In Stock) £2.90
02329 Boot, Front (In Stock) £1.70

Sub-Total: £27.64
(Delivery to UK : 2.75 Kg): £4.95
VAT @ 17.5%: £5.70
Total: £38.29

From Volksworld in Preston

1 Pair LesJofer Springs £53 in vat

the damper strut in the pic (up) is the wrong one.
basically you want just an insert the damper and the leg com apart

the garage rang around and got a pair they were £75 inc vat

I think they are 'PNE3033 Bilstein B4 Front Damper Insert, VW Scirocco/Golf Mk1'

This uses the original strut leg.

So for parts £166

For fitting (for cash - he's a mate I used to play football with) and he did fix my brakes binding and change my squealing belt £100.

Just ordered my gear knob  :P  £28+Vat..  nice one Gav

Back to the top
Cheers for that info mate.

Ill be looking to change all my suspension next year.

Ordered a gearknob myself aswell.

Only 6 left in the company, got one just in time.

Back to the top
check out my Rivage on Shughy's website

http://golfgtisportline.com/index.php/2010/10/tonys-rivage-j215-wda/

get your Rivage on Ceri :wink:

Back to the top
Are them pics on that site with your new or old suspension?

Looking very nice on there by the way.

Back to the top
good site ain't it.  

Its the new suspension, those pics are from last thursday, just cleaned it up before I went to a meet

Back to the top
Well done mate on COTM. Well deserved.
It was close… Congrats.

Strut caps on there way to you…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

PNERivage said

good site ain't it.  

Its the new suspension, those pics are from last thursday, just cleaned it up before I went to a meet

Im liking the way its sitting mate.

Will have to look into going for the same setup when I change mine early next year.

Back to the top

Shughy said

Well done mate on COTM. Well deserved.
It was close… Congrats.

Strut caps on there way to you…

Cheers Hugh, I hand't seen it had finished. Didnt think I had a chance especially when I saw yours and richyhills there. it was close wasnt it. I though it was going to run till tomorrow and everybody else was going to overtake me. will let you know when I get the caps.  I will have 3 then :lol:

BigNormRivage said

PNERivage said

good site ain't it.  

Im liking the way its sitting mate.

Will have to look into going for the same setup when I change mine early next year.

Its all standard Stuff Mate, shopping list above ^^^.  The earlier Pic,is the day it went in before the Suspension sorted. Just had ARB and wishbone bushes turn up today. I will get it rolling like new! here's one for the thread to show the suspension after its been fitted

Back to the top
just done all supension on mine and had a rattle noise after grrrr for A few hours then realised the hood wasnt clamping down enough at the front ( as i was driving along i could feel it move) adjusted the to chrome clamp hooks at the front and silent… have a look might be as simple as that
???

Back to the top
I'm pretty sure mine has aftermarket suspension as the back sits lower than the front.

Back to the top

dankayleigh said

just done all supension on mine and had a rattle noise after grrrr for A few hours then realised the hood wasnt clamping down enough at the front ( as i was driving along i could feel it move) adjusted the to chrome clamp hooks at the front and silent… have a look might be as simple as that
???

cheers, done all that..  its defo underneath, I had a look underneath before to check the bushes for the ARB I bought were the same and i could actually move my ARB slightly and so imagine under the weight of the car it will sound quite loud.
Its going in next week to have engine mounts done,  might suprise him and ask him to fit the new ARB bushes too. :lol:

Back to the top
Could the rattling be the front brakes.

Maybe its missing the fitting kit for the pads.

Mine was rattling from the front when I bought it and it only had one off the metal clips fitted rather than two.

Back to the top
is it not the norm then that the rear is slightly lower. cos mine is the same??

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

I'm pretty sure mine has aftermarket suspension as the back sits lower than the front.

I havent touch the back so presume it is all standard. All the bumpyness is coming from the front so not touching it yet.

markoggys GTi cabby is like that his sits really low at the back and he didnt do it either…

just bin out (in the rain) and measured… 340 front 350 rear N/S, and 340 front 340 rear O/S
never check that before. so now I know the back needs looking at at some point too

Back to the top
I just thought it was odd the rear sits a bit lower.

I have been looking through some pics on the net just now and there are a lot out there that sit lower on the rear so maybe that's how its meant to sit.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Could the rattling be the front brakes.

Maybe its missing the fitting kit for the pads.

Mine was rattling from the front when I bought it and it only had one off the metal clips fitted rather than two.

:lol:  Done that too.. about a year ago, put up with that rattle for 3 years though, a tinny sound that goes when you brake

Back to the top
Last week my mate at the garage had huge problems sourcing parts from Eurocarparts so I took my car back and decided to get the parts myself..

Engine mount kit

coolant flange

Also Anti roll bar bushes from vwspares.co.uk, anti roll bar out brackets from classic parts.  discovered damage to the ARB and one of the brackets so got mi old pal funk-star to send me a ARB and a bracket. gud lad Mark  :wink:

Its going in thursday to have the lot done..  All ready for our convoy to the NEC on saturday!

Think that will be it then until the new year! as my Vespa needs some TLC before it rots away into a pile of dust  :(

Back to the top
well done for car of the month, where did you get your engine mounts from as I would like to do mine soon. thanks in advance.

If you update your interior with big norms and you have a good spare seat left over I may well be interested so I can sort out my tired drivers seat, no rush though.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.