Skip navigation

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

Back to the top

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

I'm just playing devils advocate, knowing how insurance companies try and wriggle out of paying out

DubPartz

Back to the top
yeah i know lol…

im gonna play dumb a little…

"what?!? it came like that…"

lol… ahh well..

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
PHOTOS!!

sooo i took a couple of the other damage.. here they are :)

and to get it home i had to bend the arch out a little…

bummer.. ahh well.. pickin up the new daily tomorrow night :)

pics to follow :)

Back to the top
yh thats had its best days m8

Back to the top
just seen the thread and that will polish out! no seriously its repairable (if you want to) have a search at my projects .
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=42380&highlight=
 it was worse than yours. just needs putting on a dozer and a pull, new wing easy. where abouts you based ?

Back to the top
I dont think its that bad. My last mk1 came with a lot more damage. It was a cabby and had been smacked straight on by an idiot overtaking on a corner and running straight into the front. The windscreen was smashed, doors wouldn't open and the roof wouldn't open but once the front end was stripped down it only required a little pulling here and there and two new front wings and front panel.

I have photos somewhere and if I find them I'll post them up.

Can I ask where you got your front indicator lenses that sit in the bumper mounts as I am looking for some for my mk1 and yours seem to fit perfectly in the hole. :D

Back to the top
lol you all think…  thats good to know :)

i just got myself a daily drive, in fact im picking it up tonite :)

the indicators are ring reverse lights off ebay…
i just put orange bulbs in them :)

if you walk into your local halfrauds you can get them off the shelf iirc…

once the insurance release the car too me ill be stripping that part and having a good ol look at it :)

facer mate, im based in bristol :) and WOW! you did sort out worse… its almost made me wanna do it now :P

ill be having a good ol think now lol… lets see what the insurance say :)

Back to the top
go to the local body shop have a chat ask if anyone would do out off hours just to put the leg straight and roof good etc

Back to the top
honestly its easy i replaced the inner wing and the chassis leg on mine as well as wings and front panel, and straightened the other leg. and if you think thats bad should have seen my mk3 that had been in a 6 car pile up. rear door jammed solid 20 mins quick pull all sorted.
the motor trade seems to be quite at the moment ( i work in it but not in a body shop i might add) if you decide to fix it , and i cant see why not, pop down to small body shops have a word, cash is always king, wink, if you strip car yourself and refit will save some money. lets say second hand wing, front panel, bonnet, headlamp if you look hard parts will be about £100, cash job for a pull id say no more than another ton, fitting front panel, depends how good you are at welding, but there must be someone near you who would do it cheap, bit of spannering, possibly bit of paint, if you were lucky with parts and finding labour £500 would be possible. it would never be perfect but its a mk1 are they ever. quick id check back on the road job done

Back to the top
i can do the lot myself tbh…

i was half way through a respray and i was doing it all myself. :P

io have all the gear and my cousin is a dab hand with cars lol. he said today that he will give it a go regardless :P

this way i will be able to strip it and give it a full respray and everything as i have just picked up my new daily :)

i feel a REAL project coming on lol

Back to the top
i think you should do it in fact i feel a poll coming on

Back to the top
LOL naa cos i think i should do it too :p

itll be a mint story to the car too :)

Back to the top
if you do it i'l reapir all the rust on mine lol

Back to the top
HAHA DEAL :P

Back to the top
what i got myself in for lol,

yep i will do it but a slow project i feel lol

Back to the top
i'm a massive fan of repairing things but this car is bent big time

the bulkhead, roof, inner wing, both chassis legs will be bent in some way or another

if you do it then i will be amazed but it's massive and won't you need i to get it checked as the insurance will have written it off

:)

Banner

Back to the top
yeah i know. ill see what my cousin says when we get the wing and bonnet off. he seems to think he can bend it all back :)

Back to the top
do wot do wot, can anyone translate that

Back to the top
what???? lol

Back to the top
the daily is here!

what do ya all think :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.