Skip navigation

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

Back to the top

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

haha cheers neo :)

im not on the look out yet.. i gotta funny feeling this is gonna take me into the winter before i get closure lol, then hopefully they wont just pay me off 200 quid…

we shall see :)

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top

mixerman said

thanks peeps :)

haha im not gonna go too mad with claiming. i just want what its worth.. i didnt leave my house sat morning expecting to find a volvo in the middle of the road and now im golfless..

BUT when insurance pay out, ill have money for a golf AND a cheap runner from richyhill SOOOOO i think i should be better off :P

so basically… i feel a project coming on :P

Before you do push them, watch out for them digging for mods - you've got no bumpers on the car and have put pictures of it up. They may well suggest that the lack of bumpers increases the severity of any injury (and damage to the car). Hopefully not though, just a thought.

(and !Ł*@ing inconsiderate people not thinking when parking/hitching up things/turning/generally using the road).

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top
too be fair… if i walk away with nothing but my golf… ill still be happy…

at the end of the day, sh*t happens and iv never had the best of luck any way so worse case is i break the car and make a bit of money, then spend the rest of the year looking for a golf at the right price..

best case, he gets done and i end up wid a nice wad for a new shiny golf :P

Back to the top
richy, if you get chance, take a quick pic of the potential ride :) im gettin exited now HAHA!!

never good when you get exited about a NON vw….

Back to the top

since_1983 said

any other cheap runners going spare,

it winds me up when me start talking about claiming for whiplash or bruised ankle,

Believe me if it was just a trip or fall it'd be different.  I don't do suing people.

But in the event of a non fault car accident when it's the guilty parties insurance company paying out I have no qualms. Especially if it was my pride and joy they wrote off and i knew i may get less than i want for it!

You deserve compensation if your injury was the result of someone else being a gormless "expletive deleted"

It really is good to hear members banding together to sort another car out for a member though!!

Reminds me why i love this club so much :)

Jon.

Back to the top
i do feel loved :)

thanks again guys :)

im getting exited about having a new car now :P

i think it will be a few months before i get another golf but the next one i buy will be good enough AND it wont be a daily for a while so ill be able to strip it and sort it out proper :D

Back to the top
It really is good to hear members banding together to sort another car out for a member though!!

Reminds me why i love this club so much Smile

+1!

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top

Back to the top

Crowson_punk said

since_1983 said

it winds me up when me start talking about claiming for whiplash or bruised ankle,

Believe me if it was just a trip or fall it'd be different.  I don't do suing people.

But in the event of a non fault car accident when it's the guilty parties insurance company paying out I have no qualms.

If there's an injury, you're mad NOT to claim. My car was rear-ended in 2003 (IIRC), I didn't go to a doctor and didn't claim because I am made of "Grrr, they never fix anything" about doctors.

My back is now totally @!^$Łed and if I weren't a rather determined freelancer and happy to admit I could do my job if I were genuinely disabled - as long as I could still see a computer and type - I'd probably be out of work.

What's mad about it is that had I had it checked, the money is irrelevant; I might have been spared a lot of pain and occasional lack of mobility.

It's worth remembering that if you assist at the scene of a serious or traumatic accident, there's support for counselling too.

2008 Citro'n C6 (C6 RTK)
1993 Jeep Cherokee. 1985 Scimitar SS1
132 cars in 18 years…

Past VWs: Mk 1 Clipper, Mk 2 Polo, Beetles, Beetle Cab, Buses, Passats, Sciroccos, Golf Mk 2 GTis, Jetta Syncro, New Beetle Cabrio

Back to the top

since_1983 said

what car is it

fiat punto in grey :) itll do lol

it aint a vw but its available and cheep enough

Back to the top

RichardKC6 said

Crowson_punk said

since_1983 said

But in the event of a non fault car accident when it's the guilty parties insurance company paying out I have no qualms.

If there's an injury, you're mad NOT to claim. My car was rear-ended in 2003 (IIRC), I didn't go to a doctor and didn't claim because I am made of "Grrr, they never fix anything" about doctors.

My back is now totally @!^$Łed and if I weren't a rather determined freelancer and happy to admit I could do my job if I were genuinely disabled - as long as I could still see a computer and type - I'd probably be out of work.

What's mad about it is that had I had it checked, the money is irrelevant; I might have been spared a lot of pain and occasional lack of mobility.

It's worth remembering that if you assist at the scene of a serious or traumatic accident, there's support for counselling too.

i agree with your opening words

but lets face it , in your common fender bender, where sod all damage is done thats whats gets my back up wen people claim and lets face it we all know plenty off people that have claimed in those conditions

Back to the top
punto's are alright, nice little motors takes some beatings, my ex had one she never serviced it or had work done to it, belived in self repairing its self lol, and it just kept on going bomb proof

Back to the top

since_1983 said

RichardKC6 said

Crowson_punk said

since_1983 said

i agree with your opening words

but lets face it , in your common fender bender, where sod all damage is done thats whats gets my back up wen people claim and lets face it we all know plenty off people that have claimed in those conditions

Seriously dude, a mate of mine was in a low speed shunt. she didn't go to the drs till 3 weeks later when she got out of bed and couldn't feel her legs…

You don't always feel it.  If somebody hit me and even so much as scratched me i'd get it checked.

Although my ex got compensation, she's had continuous neck pain on and off since and the "bruised knee" is turning arthritic and she's 23…

You cant just say it's a bruise i'm fine, as Richard said.   You've obv never been in that situation. it's not nice.  A minor bump up the back end at 15 miles per hour can cause neck damage.

It's not worth the risk not getting checked out. if there is damage, or you have any inconvenience i.e time off work, late for work etc you need to add it to the claim.

Thats what insurance is for. 3rd party cover is for injuries and losses to 3rd parties.

Jon.

Back to the top
please dont quote me (or shoot me) but im sure in the event of a 50/50 claim/settlement each insurance company payout the other party?
I had an accident in a company car (wasnt my fault!!!) and remember the insurance company saying something along those lines as there was a lack of evidence.

Dont know the final outcome as i left before it all got settleted.

All the best bud, could be worse, the council could've just come & stolen (removed) your golf and crushed it….. but thats another story!!!

I have the vision, the Mk1 Cab, I have the AEB engine, the 020 Gearbox….. if only i had the knowledge & funds to complete the dream!!!!

Back to the top
crow if you read back threw the thread i have been in a very nasty life threaten car crash, car i was in lost control wrote off 3 parked cars across the road and threw a brick wall and finaly resting up against some poor sods house wall which had a nasty crack in it which i noticed when i went back to thank the home owner for looking after us all till the ambulance turned up and karted off us, wen me the girlfriend and my best m8 wheeled out and on crouches the last thing we thought about was compo when the we had compo already off keeping our limps and life intack other then the girlfreind which appears not to have suffered any problems, i have had the odd bit off back trouble since and my m8's ankle also plays up but we all felt the same we were so lucky to be alive, i will dig out the pic's what were taken wen we went to the recovery yard to get our belongings, tenner says your not guess what car it was before the crash was at least a 40% smaller and thats before the roof was cut

this is an arguement i feel strongly about and would gladly argue all day about, if you really need to make claim then in my mind make sure its a claim because you need on going therapy or lost leg and life not gonna be the same again and not becuase you need a bloody holiday or some other life style need

please don't reply with more triva yes i accept your story above becuase yes its sounds like compo was needed

but in most cases its just plan greed

Back to the top

Crowson_punk said

seriously man Go for the throat. my ex got Ł1400 for a sore knee and a bit of a sore neck from the insurance.  Make sure you go to the doctors as it's important that if something could be wrong you get it looked at.

That way you def will come out of it better lol

Jon.

was just reading back as was unsure if i had mentioned it in the end,

your last line in this says to

a. hey claim that way you got more money

or

b. you think its fine to try and make claim no matter if there is no real problem

worst of all your opening lines seem so caring then it was followed by that,

i really do not mean to get your back up cos it probly seems i'm trying to start a forum war, which i'm honsetly not

Back to the top
wooo guys…
seriously…

dudes im not hurt, i just want my golf paid for…

the legality and ethnically of whiplash or ANY type of injury is for a different thread…

ill be getting hold of the company richyhill suggested and see what they say. im sure that if he was in the middle of the road, round a corner, with no one slowing traffic i got a pretty good case???

who knows.. ill let ya all know tomorrow :)
im not getting drunk tomorrow so ill get some more pics up and stuff :P

Back to the top
Mixerman gutted to hear this about your golf :( Like you said though it definitely doesn't sound like your fault so its up to thier insurance company to pay you out for your car and the inconvenience. My advice from being rear ended by a car before if dont accept a penny less than what your happy with! What ever offer they come to you with just keep saying no until its a figure you want and if they have a problem that when you could come to the owners club for proof of value of your car?

All the best mate

Back to the top
I guess your insurance knew you had no bumpers on the car ?

DubPartz

Back to the top
maybe not dubpartz…

ooops :P

but im claiming on there insurance not mine :) im 3rd party only on mine so if i do claim on mine it wont matter a squat any way :)

my insurance aint payin out for my car no matter what happens..

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.