Skip navigation

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

Back to the top

ouch :'( :'( :'( poor golf...

so, on my way to work this morning at about half 10 and come round a corner in the wet to find a fucking volvo v70 in the middle of the road hitching up his caravan…

i went to swerve it and he just kept coming back… left me with nowhere to go so i slammed my brakes on, only to slide into him at about 25 mph…

BANG!

ill let the pics do a bit of the talking…

well gutted would be an understatement…

im gonna pull the arch away from the wheel tomorrow and drive it home, that will give me an idea of if anything mechanical has got damaged…

i think its safe to say…. i wasnt in the wrong here… so i think ill get SOME money back… no one claimed fault and the police were called so they filed a report.

might i add, the copper that interviewed me… she was a vw owner. :)
ended up chattin for ages lol.. (but nothing that could come up in court lol)

ill keep smiling and all this has done is made me more determined to get the car looking spot on. :D

ill keep ya all posted on the outcome…

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Ouch, that looks nasty. I feel your pain ! Let's hope it's repairable.

DubPartz

Back to the top
that looks nasty

gutted for you, if the chassis leg is still good then it will be repairable

keep us posted

Banner

Back to the top
ouch mixer, but i've taxed worsed lol,

is your p/s door frame bent m8 as the top looks outwards

i would agree with jelly if its not bent your be fine, but to be fair just looking at the pic i seen worse and yet no leg damage not to give you false hope, but i'd say you got lucky

as long as that door is bent and not the roof lifted etc due to the inpact

Back to the top
cheers guys..

i didnt notice that since…

that looks like a lift, the windscreen cracked on impact too..

im getting it in about an hour and then ill be driving it home and giving it closer inspection. the rail seems ok, from what i saw when i popped the battery off. infact, even the battery was still intact.

if that has shunted the roof up would that then be a wrecked body?? if so ill need to find a new shell from somewhere lol.. i cant see it being that bad tho.. itll just look odd…

might just beat some of the panels out and rat it… lol..

Back to the top
sorry to hear about ya crash, lets hope its not too bad, good luck with it mate

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
years ago and i tell you this not to scare you as i did not totaly belive it or belive the fact my m8s uncle was really a body shop worker but did seem to know what he was talking about,

but wen we crashed his rs turbo into a road island it cracked the windscreen and lifted the roof/ misshaped it above the door and when we got it to his uncles house out in the stigs i.e the so called bodyshop owner he casted his eye at the roof said it was a right off becuase it would need jiging and straight away costs more than the cars worth

Back to the top
yeah thought so…

ill probs brake it… shame to brake a mk1 with only 45,000 miles on the clock…

gotta see what happens with the insurance claim..

he said i was speeding but the vw copper said she couldn't prove it :)

i did just notice i got a value of 5 grand on the car lol…

i might need a reference as to what the cars worth so ill pull it from this forum. :)

Back to the top
tbh it does look more like someones tryed breaking in then the roof being lifted as in the straight on view the top off the door sticks out, not only that if roof had lifted i would of thought you noticed it before id mentioned it

Back to the top
yeah true :)

Back to the top
i reckon it is a bent door m8 take a few more pic wen you can, and look for any kinks in the roof that side,

if you did get 5k for it, would ease the pain off breaking it

Back to the top
haha yes it would :P

well i doubt ill get that…

well ill be picking it up in about half hour, gonna take a crow bar and a hammer to pull the wing away from the  wheel. once its home ill take a few pics, then i just gotta leave it, which is gonna kill me lol..

Back to the top
Sorry to hear about your car mate.. hopefully it is just the door i'll keep me fingers crossed   :)

Back to the top
just relised you brought the steering wheel, but i spent the money on ebay that night thanks to booze lol, i got the money to post it still but if you wont to back out i would under stand but would need  pay day to come round for me to refund

Back to the top
Oh dear :(  Volvo's are very unforgiving, I can vouch for that

Banner

Back to the top
yes they are..

just got back. its dead.. the a pillar is about 2 degrees in. the pass door wont open, theres pain flake on the top corner, the chassis leg looks to be about 20 degrees out…

soooo… mk1 golf, 1983 c 1.1 braking for spares :P

since, ill still have that wheel mate :P ill keep it for the gti i buy with the money from the insurance and braking lol

Back to the top
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

it'll be his fault as he shouldn't have been hitching round a corner without someone posted on the corner warning traffic.

I wouldn't worry too much.  Who were you insured with?  Makes a difference as to how much you'll get back. may not be a lot!

Jon.

Back to the top
Don't start breaking it yet, if you go through insurance and get a full payout, the car becomes their property so you wouldn't want to jeopardise your full payment! By all means once the offer is made, you can also ask about buying back the car for spares. I think the industry norm here is to offer it at around 10% of its pre-crash market value.

What kind of insurance do you have, agreed value or not? If not, you'll be wanting to get a proper (decent) valuation on the car, etc and the club MIGHT be able to help you out.

Back to the top
what a bugga m8 feel for ya m8,

Back to the top
GUTTED FOR YOU MATE!!!!!

I think i'm right in saying if this guy was blocking the carridgeway for no or dodgy reasons or coming out to the carridgeway its their fault. I hit a bird coming out of a petrol station and her defence was that I was speeding, my solicitor stated that I 'could've been competing for a new land speed record, it's still her fault'

GOOD LUCK with this mate, hope it works out as well as it can!

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.