Skip navigation

2010 Show and Shine Winners & Runners Up

Back to the top

2010 Show and Shine Winners & Runners Up

classicmark1 said

Common sense and reasonableness must prevail. The BBQ is clearly not a car but a trailer. The constitution of the Club iS for the preservation of the MK1 surely!
Cheers
Peter

It isn't my or any other club officials place to tell any member how or why they should vote for the peoples choice the guide lines are simple, you are invited to stand by your favourite car, this year my exact words where  "now go and stand by the car you would most like to take home today if you had the choice"

There will be not guide lines , rules or stipulations laid out by this club for eligibility of the cars that you will be permitted to stand by as your winner

other wise I will make a rule that the winning car must be Black, A campaign, be A registered and have any combination of the following letters and numbers in its registration, THJ390. :lol:

Please see the peoples choice for what it is which is a bit of fun and im proud to say the fun factor showed through at Uttoxeter I would hate this to be a stuck up club like so many are out there..
our relaxed manner and the fun way this club operates is one of the main reasons why its so popular, and long may this continue.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
The People's Choice is a great idea that has continued each year and it works because of the simplicity and everyone has a vote on a level playing field. Even adding in loads of rules does not mean complaints won't happen eg cars that are not road legal, would not pass MOT, etc. I have seen it over the years.

So nice one Bert!

Banner

Back to the top

Bert said

I didnt win a holiday to barbados for a month  :roll:
Bert

:tlc: Maybe a coach trip to Halesowen will do  :cheer:

SW, SW, SW, N !

Back to the top
Nearly 2000 views and counting, so definitely worth raising the issue though?

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top

muttley said

Nearly 2000 views and counting, so definitely worth raising the issue though?

Let it go, replying to your own thread after a week of no replies is a little strange on its own.

Nobody really cares who won it, surly its a bit of fun aint it.

Back to the top
Cant belive this is still going on......man...tch...tch...tch

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
For gods sake no one take this comment personally but I spoke to someone this morning who came with me to the rally who has absolutely nothing to do with Mk1's he had just sprayed mine and  thought as a thank you I would take him with as he showed an interest. He said and was laughing when he said it as I cowered in embasement "was that trailer the winner or was that just a joke!" erm… I know some of you are not bothered but it not a good public opinion of our club is it and I am not trying to annoy people by saying this it's just feedback and a FYI only .

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top

CHILL PILL

EVERY ONE TAKE A CHILL PILL

:tlc:

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.