Skip navigation

2010 Show and Shine Winners & Runners Up

Back to the top

2010 Show and Shine Winners & Runners Up

hi steve,i only built it to cook on instead of buying a bbq, which would have been cheaper than buying a mk1 and cutting it in half,the driver was put in for a LAUGH,and believe me,half the m5 and m6 motorway traffic thought it was amusing too,the weekend was not a serious event for me,it was a chance for me to unwind with friends and chill out,and cook 100+ burgers  :lol: i didnt even enter my car until the last minute as i was doing other stuff,and as said before i didnt put the bbq there others did,im not bothered what anyone thinks to be honest,im old enough not to care,i help people as much as i can in life and have made many friends off here in the process  8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Bert
The post was never ment to be a personal attack so I apologise if you feel offended! It has however been blown out of all proportion!
Steve aka Muttley

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
steve,im not offended,the doll is though  :lol:
Bert

Back to the top
Well as long as no personal remarks are made i guess its OK for someone to express their view point.

After all its a club by the people & for the people.
 :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Thank you for the vote on coming runner up for best modified Golf Cabby (We have been through a very bad year )and the Gathering was a well enjoyed break and we had a stupendus time.

On the BBQ Golf my little one (who was quite poorly) he keeps telling everybody now that he loved the 'mashed' Golf being pulled by a bike. Absolutely priceless!!

Cheers Guys.

Can't wait for next year

Back to the top
Does anyone have a photos of the full awards table before they were given out please?

Also I could do with the Peoples' Choice award on its own if possible.

Ta, Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

Does anyone have a photos of the full awards table before they were given out please?

Also I could do with the Peoples' Choice award on its own if possible.

Ta, Dan
will e-mail it to you

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Hi All

Just playing Devil's Advocate….. and to have the last word as I'm completely impartial!

To be eligible to win the People's Choice the car should have been entered into any of the other categories so the winner will in fact be the 'Best of the Best'. If this approach was adopted at the AGM we all know that everyoneone else was standing by a certain impressive yellow car!

Well done to all for the perfect weekend.

Best wishes
Peter

Back to the top
Ahhhh, but the Peoples Choice isn't about the car that's the most shiney, best modified or the most original with the lowest mileage.

It's simply an award for what those people, who are there at that time, vote to be their favourite car. Effectively it could be a rat look car but with lots of work done to the engine and suspension etc!

Back to the top
Classic mk 1, that's interesting.. Lol! Just to round up and clarify then maybe a new set of guidelines is needed?  :dontknow: Mind you that means someone has to disagree with certain people and we all know what happens to those that raise there heads as my post demonstrated  :lol:

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
Common sense and reasonableness must prevail. The BBQ is clearly not a car but a trailer. The constitution of the Club iS for the preservation of the MK1 surely!
Cheers
Peter

Back to the top

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I think the Judges should have specified it 1st. Since they didnt i guess it was up to the people to choose what they wanted to win.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

classicmark1 said

Hi All

Just playing Devil's Advocate….. and to have the last word as I'm completely impartial!

To be eligible to win the People's Choice the car should have been entered into any of the other categories so the winner will in fact be the 'Best of the Best'. If this approach was adopted at the AGM we all know that everyoneone else was standing by a certain impressive yellow car!

Well done to all for the perfect weekend.

Best wishes
Peter

Lots of the cars on the tarmac section were not entered into any category. To make it simpler next year I would suggest that S&S cars were parked in a separate area into categories. It would have made judging a lot easier.

Banner

Back to the top

classicmark1 said

Common sense and reasonableness must prevail. The BBQ is clearly not a car but a trailer. The constitution of the Club iS for the preservation of the MK1 surely!
Cheers
Peter

i cut the car in half as there was no logbook,it needed a vic check,the rear was rotten,the general car was a shed and it was only brought for parts for my citi

Muttley,email me your address,ill send the trophy to you tnt if it means that much to you

I didnt win a holiday to barbados for a month  :roll:
Bert

Back to the top
Bert mate,  I cant believe it you have to justify and explain you winning nearly 2 weeks after the AGM

Cant believe this is going on like this.

This is not right :evil:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
i will rise above it  :lol:
keep thar derv clean maxwell  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
The People made their choice, the trophy has been presented, the award stands.

If we have a different way of voting next year then maybe something else, equally as exotic and comment provoking will win.

Until then Bert, enjoy the accolade!  :lol:

Has everybody finished commenting for and against yet, if so we'll start working on NEXT years' event!  :wink:

Back to the top
Bert, I said before and apologised if you take it personal..it's not you! It's the principal behind it and could have been something else with someone else I think that it would still get the same response! Lov Steve .X

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top

dubboy said

Lots of the cars on the tarmac section were not entered into any category. To make it simpler next year I would suggest that S&S cars were parked in a separate area into categories. It would have made judging a lot easier.
I agree and its something that will be improved on next year But the peoples choice can still be any car on the day and not necessarily one of the showing cars that's the basic principle behind it, anyone can win and not just those who may have already won something that day.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.