Skip navigation

Improvements for the AGM

Back to the top

Improvements for the AGM

rounders is different to baseball only just thou but least every understands the concept

Back to the top
mk1golf owners region sports day and we could also do a fund riser and get free publisity in the process and been seen to be doing then just a bunch off boy racers

Back to the top
What about the award category.
Any additions to them

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Hot food and Ice cream

Hi all

My mate Tony brought along his sweet stand and jacket spud barrow. I can also organise an Ice cream van for next year as another mate as of mine has ice cream van.

Hope this helps

Ian McCormick

Ian-VW trained technician

Suck, Sqeeze, Bang, Blow The Otto cycle

1983 Golf Driver, MK1 golf owners club Best Standard Hatchback winner 2009,2010 & 2011
1980 Golf cabriolet GLI
2002 Golf GT TDI 196BHP AND 455Nm torque

Back to the top

Re: Hot food and Ice cream

Ianaa said

Hi all

My mate Tony brought along his sweet stand and jacket spud barrow. I can also organise an Ice cream van for next year as another mate as of mine has ice cream van.

Hope this helps

Ian McCormick

an Ice cream van is a must for next year

I will be contacting a burger van man i know and seeing if i can book him he does chips and everything  :D

this thread is fantastic and some really good feedback is being posted the only way to make next years show better is to find out what this years was laking, so cheers for your suggestions

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Does anyone have a rough date for next years AGM? My wife wants to book next years holiday already… We missed the last one and,  to make matters worse, we only live 20 minutes away from Uttoxeter and i'd only just picked up Christine (Alpine White '82 tintop GTI) 2 weeks earlier…. Very gutted… Don't want to miss the next one!

White '82  Tintop 1800 Golf GTI

Back to the top

Darkangelaudio said

Does anyone have a rough date for next years AGM? My wife wants to book next years holiday already… We missed the last one and,  to make matters worse, we only live 20 minutes away from Uttoxeter and i'd only just picked up Christine (Alpine White '82 tintop GTI) 2 weeks earlier…. Very gutted… Don't want to miss the next one!

Normally we try to book either the last weekend in July or failing that, the first weekend in August, nothing is booked yet, we're taing on board everyones comments for now.  :wink:

Back to the top
Egg and spoon race… three legged race…. all the stupid ones as a kid to get the fun element in there… wheelbarrow race… If MK is anything to go by we'll need sick bags at half time instead of oranges though because we spent most of our time either drunk or hungover  :mrgreen: …

I did make a suggestion that I'd hire 3-4 pantomime horse outfits for a run down the straight at Uttoxeter race course Region V Region which would of been a right laugh but sadly (or not depends how you look at it) I got engaged and couldn't get the money together quick enough to hire them out.

Back to the top

Re: Hot food and Ice cream

A5OPY said

an Ice cream van is a must for next year

Did Sean1151 not go, I'm sure he's in the front page pic  :dontknow:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
I don't know what there for kids this year but what about a little petting farm, Could help the little kids from getting bored at looking a mk1's :)

Think these people are not far from Uttoxeter Mobile Petting Farm -- Mobile Farm For Events & Parties

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
by the sounds off it people are up for a region team based games,

Back to the top

since_1983 said

by the sounds off it people are up for a region team based games,
:punk:

Banner

Back to the top
Ok… Being the King of controversy can I add some guidelines to the A.G.M and a format? As with the show cars as well? I also agree with novacaine for a mix of awards. I liked the area and have never been to that part of the country and the 200+ miles to get there is part of but may I suggest moving it around the country so others get to see other parts of the country too? The insurance etc… H&S Enviroment etc… Can be dealt with reasonably & can help!

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
Best to put it up for discussion as to what categories of different awards there should be to avoid such situations in future. 8)

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.