Skip navigation

Improvements for the AGM

Back to the top

Improvements for the AGM

improvements!

More central location, it didnt bother me getting there (107 miles) but were losing a lot of people from further down.

Showers and more loos as said

the rally kept around 30 miles

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
yeah im with funk.
i come from bristol which was summat like 120 miles. and i know theres more in the west country that would of come if it was a little closer..

still a excellent  show though to say the least :)

booze and boredom, the greatest mix :)

Back to the top
Only one thing for me that hasn't been put up and it's the price of drink at the bar.  But we just brought drink up from our campsite lol… and most of it went  8O .  Cracking night that!!

Back to the top
would have loved to come… but the party is comited to bug jam:(
so please please dont clash with the biggest vw festivel in the uk!!!!! there was al of 3 mk1s on the show n shine:(

Back to the top

richieevs said

would have loved to come… but the party is comited to bug jam:(
so please please dont clash with the biggest vw festivel in the uk!!!!! there was al of 3 mk1s on the show n shine:(

This!

Would have loved to come, but Bug Jam is going to win every time.

Hopefully next year for me!  :D

Back to the top
Why not have the agm at bugjam LOL

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
and take it over :P HAHAHA that would be funny :)

Back to the top
This mish-mash of cars is always oing to happen but a proposal is that the regions camp together i'e all the MK lot.  Then line the cars up behind their banner.  Helps see where regions are… hopefully helps newbies find a region that they can travel to meets with too?  Also stops people parking next to your tent?  The region puts their tents up behind their cars?

Back to the top
great amount of cars but i came to buy some parts pocket full of money no traders or no burger vans

Back to the top
How about an early birds disco? Say from 6 - 7pm on the saturday night to give the families with little ones a chance to join in the evening festivities.

Back to the top
120 miles is 2 hours at an average of 60mph - not a lot for once a year travelling time. My travelling distance from Preston was 90 minutes and I've done it twice while arranging things, along with other committee members.

Derby is fairly central for the whole country, yes the south coast IS a haul, as is the south west but if northerners/ Scotch members can make it to the likes of GTI International, Edition 38, Mk1GOC annual gathering 2008 at Billing, then a once in the year trip for the Shires isn't going to hurt is it?  :dontknow:

Ice cream
chips
burgers
traders
showers/ toilets

all noted so far, any others??????? :dontknow: / Scotch

Back to the top
signage from the nearest motorway (or in this case the a50) in a colour that can be seen (i.e. not white)

some entertaining catagories in the classes. (dirtyist engine bay, highest suspension, rattiest paint, biggest water leak etc.)
sort of the wooden spoon award type thing.

Back to the top
lol yeah i know that and i did come along :) i would travel to Belgium for the agm… :P i was just thinking of the less "hard core" dub lovers when it comes to location :) but then again i suppose if you got a venue more southern then all the northern people would complain lol…. catch 22 :(

AND tbh if ya look at it on a map, it is VERY central really, so tbh im changing my tone a little and saying it was a good place to put it in relevance to the rest of the country.

Back to the top
Location is fine, I think its central enough for everyone, This is a unique show for us and traders just dont get it…… It will always be that way, Burger van and ice cream van are great ideas and toilets…… at least there are toilets and showers.

I liked the tarmac area for the show and shine but would have prefered to see them in their classes for show and shine.

The rally was fine although a little shorter would be better,

A good family event, All involved should be proud

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Yes signs to the location would be good.

Overall was good. :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Great Weekend, & the venue with it's central
location is 'SPOT ON'. Distance should not be an issue for enthusiasts.
My journey from Cumbria was just over
180miles & took nearly 4 hours, but I ain't
complaining! the weekend was well worth
the effort.

Back to the top
The location is always an issue for those at either end of the country but it was nice to chat to the folks from Holland and Ireland who never asked it to be more East or West respectfully.

The cars to be in categories wold be the best option but the Tarmac was running and i was sticking cars where i could at the end i had just 2 spare parking spaces.

with that car park the only way to get them in the categories is if they all turn up before anyone else but I will be looking into how this could be achieved as i would make the judging easier and would be better for the public to compare the cars

thanks for the feed back, keep them coming.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Looks like it was a good show from the pics.

I know you'll never please everyone with the location but would it be worth looking at where all the members live then look a location which would cover the most members?  

Hopefully a bit more south :lol:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
MALVERN, MALVERN, MALVERN!!!

Back to the top
We had a trip of about 150 miles and it took us roughtly 3.5 hours because we hit traffic, but I consider it worth it as you're going for a weekend not a day, and you know you're going to have the best time from the minute you arrive.

Re traders, I know from experience how difficult it is to get traders to commit to a fairly small scale show, and then the single model aspect will always make it more difficult.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.