Skip navigation

Improvements for the AGM

Back to the top

Improvements for the AGM

While it is VERY nice thyat everyone is saying nice things about the AGM and praising the committee who put the event together, we are more than aware that things CAN be improved upon.

Showers are one issue  :banghead: but what other things do you that we could do better next year? Please make them attainable, we can't move the South coast any closer, I doubt that we can get ride of the Caravan Club members either  :wink: BUT we probably can do things better.

Have a think and let us know either on this thread or via pm or email.

Personally, I had a GREAT weekend. Right from the point of getting there on Friday lunchtime right through to packing up and leaving around 6.30pm on Sunday.

Thank you ALL for coming and making the effort. :clap:

Dan
Secretary

Back to the top
`Top of my head, I'd say, Portaloo at the other end of the site and even more traders.

T

Back to the top
Well, I used the showers and they were fine, but could have been a little closer to the camp area. The only thing is that I was expecting more trade stands and used parts stands. It would have been great if that area where crazyquiffs stand was, could have been packed with more to buy.

Apart from that small grumble, I had a flippin great weekend. Hats off to you guys, quality, quality way to spend a few days in july.   :mrgreen: Thanks, Bob.

Back to the top
Yes the loo's at the top of the field especially at night

A BIGGER tarmac car park to park the 150 Mk1s :cheer: we had visit would be nice.

More variety of hot food sellers and an Ice cream van would have also gone down a storm.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Definite yes to the Ice cream van!

I think as more and more people came in throughout the day they sort of parked anywhere and it led to an organised chaos theme which (IMO) started to look untidy, so maybe slightly stricter rules on parking next year (when my golf will be turning up!)

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top

Tian said

`Top of my head, I'd say, Portaloo at the other end of the site and even more traders.

T

Noted if we use that venue again we may have some at that end for use at night.

bouchay said

Well, I used the showers and they were fine, but could have been a little closer to the camp area. The only thing is that I was expecting more trade stands and used parts stands. It would have been great if that area where crazyquiffs stand was, could have been packed with more to buy.  Bob.

Noted As the showers were powered by electricity we had to site them where the supply was - same problem as last year!  :roll: It IS one of the main issues that we have yet to fully over come.

Traders I did so much bedgering and ringing round you wouldn't believe it!!! We were let down by 3 traders.

A.55 Valeting Group who got their name on a glass trophy didn't turn up or ring to say they weren't coming.
Nathan Rand who was going to sell sunglasses and VW prints etc came on Friday, had a look round and didn't come back again - saying that the event wasn't big enough for him!!!  :roll:
John Bridge who was going to do renders and line drawings of cars and submit one for the raffle didn't show either  :roll:

If you attend a car show and see a traderv who you think may be of interest to us please eamil me at secretary vwgolfmk1 .org.uk

Ta. Dan

Keep em coming.  :wink:

Back to the top
Sorry, just thought of another! I could of murdered someone for a decent bag of chips! Or even a tray of chips with curry sauce or fish 'n' mushy peas! :roll: They would have made a fortune! Probably all off me!

Back to the top

X said

Definite yes to the Ice cream van!

I think as more and more people came in throughout the day they sort of parked anywhere and it led to an organised chaos theme which (IMO) started to look untidy, so maybe slightly stricter rules on parking next year (when my golf will be turning up!)

The Car Parking was done in such a way as anyone who needed to go early could get out
we started with Hatchbacks on one side and cabbys on the other but as space started to run out I had to mix them a little.

The truth of the matter is We didn't expect the amount of cars we had visit, I had at the end only 2 spare places for cars to park

it was a good job the mk1's that were left on the camp site and the few parked near the bouncy castles didn't come to the display area otherwise I'm not sure where I could have put them :D

Back to the top
everyone who mentioned showers to me were happy with them….. as for toilets, get a BMX with trick nuts, went down a treat with many people useing it to go back and forth..

My little'n is shattered after 3 days of running around, great for kids this venue
 :wink: dazzLe

Banner

Back to the top

A5OPY said

More variety of hot food sellers and an Ice cream van would have also gone down a storm.

Noted Hot food sellers, chips, burgers (post alcohol food soaker -uppers!!!  :wink: ) ice cream seller. All good ideas.

A5OPY, I was thinking about that on the way home, we could re-visit the idea of the guy who does the layby van in Darwen again.

Apparently the sweet seller, organised by Ian McCormick did very well!!!

Back to the top
Potatoe man did well too :eek: ahh…a  potatoe cooking Mk1 next year  :wink:  :wink: BeRTtt !!!

Banner

Back to the top

Dano said

A5OPY said

Noted Hot food sellers, chips, burgers (post alcohol food soaker -uppers!!!  :wink: ) ice cream seller. All good ideas.

A5OPY, I was thinking about that on the way home, we could re-visit the idea of the guy who does the layby van in Darwen again.

Apparently the sweet seller, organised by Ian McCormick did very well!!!
the spud seller kept filling his spud cooker but was sold out of cooked ones within 10 mins and had to load it up time after time so I'm guessing he did well good selection of fillings to :D

Back to the top
Hi, Just wanted to say what a fab time I had, it was great to meet so many people from the club.

I can probably help with request for ice cream van! I know a ice cream company in Uttoxeter - Ashmore's (contact is John Ashmore)www.ashmoresicecream.co.uk

I might be able to help with other stuff as well if required, being a local bod!

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Hi, Just wanted to say what a fab time I had, it was great to meet so many people from the club.

I can probably help with request for ice cream van! I know a ice cream company in Uttoxeter - Ashmore's (contact is John Ashmore)www.ashmoresicecream.co.uk

I might be able to help with other stuff as well if required, being a local bod!

being a local bod! you got me lost on the drive  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Cant believe there wasnt a single burger van and only a jacket potatoe stall :/ The one time at an event i was absolutely starving and wanted to spend £4 on a burger and i couldnt :( :D

Cant believe how many turned out, seemed like double that was there last year?

Back to the top

ans4r said

CabrioAnna said

being a local bod! you got me lost on the drive  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That was so funny, it was sheep syndrome!!!! :lol:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Got to say hats off to the comittee was a awesome show.

improvement for me were

tolets at the other end
traders

other than that was amazing can't wait till next year :)

Banner

Back to the top
Only comments that I heard from folk all day that weren't positive were that the toilets and showers were a bit far from the far end of the campsite and I had a lot of people asking about a burger van right from the very beginning of the show.

The people who arrived at the tail end were disappointed not to get their green show sticker, but understood that we'd been a bit overwhelmed with the numbers!

Rest of the day was positive comments from folk about everything  :D

Back to the top

agm

Had a great time this weekend  :D  A burger/kebab van would have been good and a few more traders, but what can you do if people don't turn up ?? Not the commitees fault just bad form when people do that  :banghead:  The only thing i heard from a few was that the rally was a bit long. Wish we had two events a year, we'd be there, thanks again for a great show, Stu & Nikki  :D

Back to the top
We were as close to the toilets as you could get and it was still a pain to keep walking over.  Bette though than the porta loos from last year.  I could have killed some chips too.  I think a litte fancy dress competition for the kids would have been good too. Overall I could easily have stopped longer. :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.