Skip navigation

North West Regn "Drive it Day" Meet Sun. 25th Apr

Back to the top

North West Regn "Drive it Day" Meet Sun. 25th Apr

Hi all Northwesterners.

I have entered the Lancashire Automobile Club's St George's Drive it Day  on Sunday 25th April in my Elfie….thought it may also interest our local Mk1 GOC members into venturing out for a gentle 75 mile razz round the the mid lancs countryside with a lunch afterwards .  LAC are looking for a charitable entry fee of £8 to go to the Motorsports Safety Fund.  The event kicks off from and finishes at Mitton Hall (Nr. Whalley, Lancs) from about 11:30am .

Details are to be found at :

http://www.lancsautoclub.talktalk.net/georgeregs.pdf

If you're not from the North West Region, 'appen check out whats going on for Drive it day from the FBHVC website:

http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/drive-it-day/

or 'appen organise a Drive it Day event for your region.

Cheers and have a great day out!

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
I'd be interested in this - if I'm allowed to drive by then. If not I'll hitch a lift!!!

I tried the link and it didn't take me anywhere.

Back to the top
Try this link Dan…then go to the "event regs (pdf)" towards the Top RH corner of the window.

http://www.lancsautoclub.talktalk.net/george.htm

May need a navigator myself as Traceycab has bottled out!!. Could you survive the rock hard suspension of Elfie???????

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Nah, still can't into it for some reason but if you'd like the company then I'd love to come along!

Back to the top
Ok Dan et al…GOOGLE it  >>>>>> "Lancashire Automobile Club"

in the left hand box, dbl click on "St. Georges Rally"

on next window, dbl click on "Event Regs ("pdf")

then you should get the details…assuming y'all have Adobe acrobat reader.

I'll phone you when I know what time we're setting off Dan…can you pm me with your latest mob no.

Cheers

Alan

PS we have a new, local (from Blackpool) Windscreen Guy on the team…..mucho cheaper than the likes of Autowindscreens….will travel….fits cab hoods also….superb fellow!! (has a GTI cab)

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Now I can see it - didn't have Adobe set up!!

I'm up for that.

If you see the hood fella ask him how much he'd charge to fit a bottom wire in my hood would you?

Ta!

Back to the top
I like the sound of this will ask Mrs A5OPY if we are doing anything that day was thinking of getting the ramp set up that weekend but could try to get the fitters up on the satruday

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Message from the organisers says that it will be OK to enter on the day (prior to 11:00 am…but you may have missed the bacon butties by then!!!)

Route is to be provided as a pre-printed (marked-up) map at the start.

Cheers

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Im a defo on this and looking forward to it :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I now need a wingman - or woman!

BabyDub won't be assisting me as she has 'a prior appointment'!!!

I've just started driving again after the op but haven't tried the Mk1 yet. How will my dodgy left leg handle the clutch??!!!

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
I may be up for this.Will see if Sue is working or not.
Andy did you say "ramp"?? if you did you can change my gear linkage bushes if you like :wink:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Dano wrote
You cheeky swine!!!

Thats me ……..teehee

What I should have done is offer the use of Tracey's automatic cab but she says she needs it Sunday (later on after she awakens to the world!!!!!

Back to the top
Whoops

Left Traceycab signed in on my box….'twas I who be the cheeky swine!!!

Superworm

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top

Meet.

Looks like my ticket for the Burnley Liverpool game isn't going to transpire so I am free, I will probably drive over Sunday morning and see what's going on.  Should be good.

J

Back to the top
I might be coming along I think.....

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Chaps, are we going to have a meeting point first and then ride up together? It might generate more interest for other people?

If we are to be there between 9-11am what would be a good time? 9.30am at B and Q car park at Bamber Bridge? we could then take the A59 or the M65 routes. Or the Tickle Trout car park for those from Ashton?

Alan, what do you think????

Back to the top
I'll be driving there with my brother and possibly another friend in convoy of 3 from Burnley through Whalley and down the A59 so we may meet you all there.

J

Back to the top

paneristi312 said

I'll be driving there with my brother and possibly another friend in convoy of 3 from Burnley through Whalley and down the A59 so we may meet you all there.

J

Ok  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.