Skip navigation

my mk1 pirelli edition

Back to the top

my mk1 pirelli edition

so at long last took some decent pictures of my pirelli edition
its soon to be sporting new suspension new wishbones new arb's and a full poly bush :)
hope you like the pics.

Back to the top
sweet looking ride,     :D
can i use the first pic to give to my bodyshop?
as i need a guide when they fit my new front panel and wings
thats how they should look in my opinion :wink:

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
Nice  :mrgreen:  So what's the difference between a Pirelli edition and a Campaign model, if any?

Back to the top
pirelli edition is for the european market most are left hand drive and the cars come from factory with colour coded mirrors arches and bumpers .Plus all the campaign features.And by all means feel free to use the first picture :)

Back to the top
love it mate!

Back to the top
Looks very nice are you going to back to colour coded bumpers & arches?

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
no dont think i am going to
there were 2 codes w64 and w65 w64 is a pirelli edition without colour coding and w65 with mine is the latter with but i might just keep it black as too much white is over powering and does nt look right imo

Back to the top
Hi James - I believe you sent me a text saying that you were the new owner of this geat car !!! She was mine a couple of years back and I am really chuffed to see that's she's still a stunner !  Hope you enjoy :-)

'83 GTI

'06 SAAB 93

'91 Cabby (Sold)

'92 Cabby (Sold)

Back to the top
James - he's a bit more info about the car if it's of interest to you :

Link Here on this forum-

'83 GTI

'06 SAAB 93

'91 Cabby (Sold)

'92 Cabby (Sold)

Back to the top

Back to the top
hi james, i'm pretty new to this site, and to golf's, how 'rare' are pirelli editions? people on here are saying it should have colour coded bumper's etc? but i've never seen one? do you know of any original one's? (apart from yours, lol ) cheer's  :)  al

Back to the top
no dont know of any others
Yes mine should of had colour coded bumper and arches its option code was w65 which means colour coded
the w64 code is without colour coded :)
quite rare with white paint  and red stripe interior too
would be great to find some others especially left hand drive vertions

Back to the top
Hi James, there was a member on here a while back called dubstar74 who had a LHD all white Pirelli Edition. Here's the project thread he started but sadly it looks like he has deleted the pictures from photobucket.

He's not on the forum anymore but it might be worth PM'ing him on the off chance? I remember he sold it but the car doesn't seem to be owned by anyone on the forum anymore.

BTW yours looks stunning, I wish my old Alpine white tin top had been as tidy!

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

pirelli edition

I have some pics of a white pirelli Edition car in the Autostadt museum at VW in Wolfsburg,its absolutely mint with JUST 74kms on the clock,these are probably from being driven in and out of museums! Does u want to see pics!

Back to the top
yes that would be great post some up :)

Back to the top
how would i find out if mine is a specail edition ?

Back to the top
whats the chassis number ? also do you have the service book or a option code sticker in the boot??

Back to the top

james28 said

whats the chassis number ? also do you have the service book or a option code sticker in the boot??

not sure as i am away but when i get back i will tell you, would you know from just looking ? i know there is a white sticker in the boot though

Back to the top

james28 said

Guys, can you tell from the chassis number if it's a Pirelli Edition or not? 
If so, how?

Daily - T6 Transporter

Other - Mk1 GTI 20vT

Back to the top
There's a  good starting point for you here… https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=55
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.