Skip navigation

My 1983 white MK1 Golf GTi project

Back to the top

My 1983 white MK1 Golf GTi project

Spudfingers said

Oh deary me… I've just done something involuntary!!!!  That is stunning mate.. the finish you have there is better than factory!!!  I'd be scared to drive it now lol !!!  

As for the engine rebuild… once you start it mate it'll all be getting too much for you to take in… then you take a breath do a bit more and it's finished… honestly…. that was my experience having never done an engine rebuild before… just take your time with the internals (valves, collets etc) and you'll be done before you know it.

Thankyou very much! Its nice to know im doing it right. I will have a look for your car on here.  :wink:

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Thanks for the info, just need to pick up some castors,and get cracking.

Back to the top
No prob mate.

I hired a Rug doctor machine today and cleaned all the carpets in ths Golf and the mats in the 1-series. Worked a treat!  :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Got some photos today of the Golf outside in its low look.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Very nice!

Back to the top
very clean you have done a great job there mate :)

Back to the top
great work, looks spot on! Theres something about white mk1's

Back to the top
My idea was that it is white on the log book from original, so i decided to keep it white even though its slightly different from original. Im really happy with the colour and the look. Iv got some 'CL' half rear arch spats ready to go on at some point. I will get them on asap.

Iv stripped the engine as far as seperating the cylinder head, block, sump and all other fixings. Found a plug that been badly cross threaded and snapped two bolts in the head! That all should keep me busy for 5 minutes!  :(

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
lovely looking car there mate!
what is the ET of your alloys they look the business!

1983 VW Golf GTi Black (Resto)
2009 AUDI Q5 3.0 TDi (Daily)
2007 AUDI A4 Avant TDi S-Line SE (Daily)

Back to the top

Back to the top
hello

im new in this forum ur car is really inspiring im from south africa i built up a mk1 2 door mine is also white in color the pics follow let me know how it looks these cars are difficult to come across in SA

cheers

Back to the top
sorry i didnt mean to hijack your thread but ur car really inspired me and my car similar to your so i taught id share some pics
javascript:emoticon(':D')

Back to the top

kirpalz said

sorry i didnt mean to hijack your thread but ur car really inspired me and my car similar to your so i taught id share some pics
javascript:emoticon(':D')

No problem mate. Your car looks ace! The bodywork looks like its really solid. Have you done much work or have you bought it like this?   :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
howsit

i baught the car was still original but it needed some attention body paint was faded andi put on the rims and got it to where it is now but i havent touched the body jus painted it

cheers

Back to the top
It does look mint. What are your plans mate?

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Hey Slavic, i saw your car on ebay! :cry:  

near to finish mate. :banghead:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
No No its not mine! I love my Golf! I will never sell it due to the blood, sweat and money i have put into it! I have bills totaling £5000 up to now including buying the car itself!  8O

Dont worry, you will see me finish my Golf and i will be driving it with a smile on my face when its finished.   :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Just a bit of an update.  I have fitted some Genuine VW rear arch spats. Discontinued in the UK, but still available in South Africa! I think they look mint! What do you think?

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
hi mate,
I have been following your project since you first started & your work is spot on, you're building
a very tidy mk1 there. Keep up the great work, looking follow to your future posts.

Back to the top
Clean!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.