Skip navigation

My 1983 white MK1 Golf GTi project

Back to the top

My 1983 white MK1 Golf GTi project

Thanks mate. Some nice ones on there.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
What colour wheels are you after mate? and what kind of style?

Back to the top
clean work mate, good job

bbs rm is the best i think, or Schmids or Compomotive! google them!

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top

AdamM21 said

I think silver wheel with a polished lip. I think BBS's would be my dream, but i cant justify the cost to my wife! If i could be BBS RM's for a realistic figure then i would go for them.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
A few more bits sitting ready to be fitted and cant wait for the shell to be finished now!

These are apparently the new style of caliper slide that VW supply for the MK1. A bit different from the original.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Hmmmmm shiny bits. :D

Back to the top

slavic said

AdamM21 said

I think silver wheel with a polished lip. I think BBS's would be my dream, but i cant justify the cost to my wife! If i could be BBS RM's for a realistic figure then i would go for them.

niceee choice of wheels mate, :wink: ,btw i got 5 pcs of brand new japanese made wheels dats look like BBS,( i bought it, before i found my BBS, so i never got a chance to use them) i could sell them to you for only 380 euros, but there's a bit of problems though :banghead:  they have multi pcd with 5 holes, non of them were meant for VW.. :D, it suppose to fit into BMW or MERC,and other problem is…we have to pay extra cost for the shipping, :cry: i really wanna help mate, but. :dontknow:  well,gud luck with the hunting and your project mate.. :wink:
and nice color on the car 2..i would choose the same, except i would go for the polar white..

Back to the top
here's the photos of the wheels

Back to the top

Back to the top
BBS/Lenso's advice - You'll need >2 hours every weekend just for 'wheel' cleaning purposes, trust me it wears off pretty quickly.

8V
16V
Sportline
Campaign

Back to the top
It's looking great, gonner be a cracker.
If you're looking for alloys, You Tube these, they are indestructible ! 'schmidt alloys'  :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxXCXdcqVs&feature=PlayList&p=2A6D75818B527A6D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=34

8V
16V
Sportline
Campaign

Back to the top

mk1Sportline said

It's looking great, gonner be a cracker.
If you're looking for alloys, You Tube these, they are indestructible ! 'schmidt alloys'  :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxXCXdcqVs&feature=PlayList&p=2A6D75818B527A6D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=34

dats one sick felgen test!sehr schoon!!!
 :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:

Back to the top
That video is mint!  Just shown a mate at work because i couldnt believe it!  We sell wheels all day long and i have seen some  badly damaged ones that only hit a pot hole with a tyre on!

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Another quick update on this weeks goings on!  :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
looks sweet mate!
cant wait to see her done!

Back to the top
Thanks mate! I will get some photos of it painted asap. Its all sprayed now, but just got to polish. Lokking ace and well pleased!  :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top

slavic said

That video is mint!  Just shown a mate at work because i couldnt believe it!  We sell wheels all day long and i have seen some  badly damaged ones that only hit a pot hole with a tyre on!

another vid of the indestructable schmidt rims  :wink:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFs0zyqc4XU&feature=related

Back to the top
The shell is all ready and painted now! So excited and happy with the finish. Just got to underseal under the arches and floor now. Then its coating every last bit inside the rear panels and doors etc with waxoyl in the hope i can keep it this way for a long while! Will put up photos of this when i do it.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
WOW

Back to the top
This is gonna look amzing with the bbs/lenso's on!  8O Are you going to put all the full GTI trim on, red grill, side stripes, talegate decal etc etc? Hopefully you're going to slam it on some coilovers, keep up the cracking work.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.