Skip navigation

1.5 on twin 40's

Back to the top

1.5 on twin 40's

Not sure really. I know they exist because the engine I got recently from Funk-star had one, but I left it with him as I didnt at the time need or want it, he might still have it if you ask.

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83

Back to the top
but i literally bolt that onto the head, then change my downpipe to an early type one bolt it on and away we go??

Back to the top
yes, not sure about the rest of it, but presuming it'll be the same as a GTI 8v?

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83

Back to the top

golf_gx_1983 said

o i do like that!!

It's a sweet conversion, although I have to run an odd type of filter on the ram pipes.

I'm looking forward to getting it back on the road soon and seeing how the cam has helped performance. Just the 'zorst to sort  then….. it never ends.

I've sold the twin 40 conversion I had bought to replace the current set up as I think there is a certain appeal to running rare stuff. I've not seen another Golf running the zender rims I have bought.

Hopefully I'll end up with something individual without destroying the original feel of the car.

Projekt Frustration :

White 1991 Clipper. Lowered over polished zender rims, Single 40 dellorto on lynx manifold, kent cam, full stainless 'zorst / manifold, powerflex bushed and braced. Not the fastest car, but sounds super nice!

Still going after 12 years… never said it was a quick fix! Time is not my friend.

Back to the top
ooh carbs for a GX. keep updating with details on how to fit etc. as i have been thinking of doing this for ages but haven't dare to spend the money yet on them.

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
Just came across this thread and thought i'd say that i did a twin carb conversion in early '04 on my 1500 auto, using a tsr manifold and dellorto 40's.

They aren't jetted correctly so economy is a no go, though the sound is great. One day i'll get round to setting it up properly.

My photobucket album

rabbitation_avatar.JPG  1975 VW Golf LS Automatic  - Twin Carbs

Back to the top
that looks pretty cool where did you get the manifold for them to fit then, as it doesn't look like a home made jobbie

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
millfischk69 , for mine? Cheees

The manifold i bought from TSR-Performance years ago, it stated that it was for Weber DCOE carbs though the Dellorto DHLA's fit just fine.

rabbitation_avatar.JPG  1975 VW Golf LS Automatic  - Twin Carbs
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.