Skip navigation

I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

Back to the top

I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

Ban eBay ads.

If I want to buy something I will look at it, possibly read a description and find out how much the owner is willing to sell it for, I'll look in a forum for sale section.

If I want to sit around and trawl through pages of searches and badly listed items to find something **RARE** L@@K that's been inaccurately described just to sit around until the auction finishes to try and snipe it with half a second left then get stiffed for postage, I'll go to eBay.

Get shot of them all, job done.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
Get off the fence!

T :lmao:  :y:

Back to the top
can you not do like in other forums (cant remember this one), you have to have a certain amount of posts to post up in the ebay section, ie 50, 100 or something, that way you dont need to moderate surely?! That way it eliminates all the spam posted by members just joining to sell things, if you put ten posts its easy to spam until them, if you put 100 posts then you know they are good to sell etc??

MK1 16v on twin 40's + my name's Stewart

Back to the top
Why don't you run a trial period?

Say for one calendar month you let people post ebay ads, see how it goes and then re discuss this when we have some knowledge of what it would be like the other way around.  Then surely a fair descision can be made with supporting evidence for both sides of the debate.

I think thats the simplest idea

Back to the top
Any progress? Meanwhile, we have rubbish like this: http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…wtopic&t=73779&highlight= in the classifieds.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Any progress? Meanwhile, we have rubbish like this: http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…wtopic&t=73779&highlight= in the classifieds.
how did you manage that paul a complaint of a post within 1 min of it going on site do you sit there waiting for infringements?

cheers for your diligence once again paul…

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

paul_c said

how did you manage that paul a complaint of a post within 1 min of it going on site do you sit there waiting for infringements?

cheers for your diligence once again paul…

Not a complaint……after all I'm not adversely affected by it? If the seller wants to make it difficult to find out the details of the car for sale, so be it. The lack of info, or direct clickable link, or willingness to sell on this forum, or even knowing the fault(s) the car has makes it a rubbish ad, although TBH I've not even looked at the eBay item (no link to click, can't copy & paste the number, etc etc) so the car might be the bargain of the century.

I pressed refresh and looked at the new posts? Not rocket science really….

Back to the top
cheers once again like you say don't really bother you anyway
so surprised you mentioned it

we are still looking at which is the best way forward with the ebay links we are taking all views on board and a decision will be made soon

I have seen decisions made in haste before and folk shooting from the hip and getting it wrong.

not something this committee will be doing under my management..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
No worries then.

Back to the top
"Mk1OC - Taking itself far to seriously since 2004"  :lol:

Back to the top
Forum rules ammended, fill your boots peeps :)

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.