Skip navigation

I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

Back to the top

I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

If the rules are so clear then how come so many past moderators and committee members have fallen foul of them? And how come they have been so inconsistently moderatred? (After all, there's plenty of moderators etc).

Back to the top
Again no mention of you having posted links in the past :dontknow:

Can you confirm or deny? Just for clarification?

Back to the top
Still dont get it as like i said there  have been loads of ads in there quite clear its the person sellin there own things so whos watchin those cant see the problem myself as like i said i look in there a lot and dont see the point in removing there ads.

Is there a reason why we cant advertise our vw things parts/car our selfs be it legal or is it just a club thing  :dontknow: dont do this computer thing well at all so dont know

It dunt fit

Back to the top

paul_c said

If the rules are so clear then how come so many past moderators and committee members have fallen foul of them? And how come they have been so inconsistently moderatred? (After all, there's plenty of moderators etc).

if i knew the answer to this paul, i'd be club chairman.

the fact that so many other ads have been removed for the very same reason (that you would not see due to them having been removed), should show you that the moderators have been doing a fantastic job.

my actions have been justified to all,, and i'm sure you all understand.
i will however double check the for sale and ebay link rules incase something may be missing.  :?

Back to the top

oldspice said

Again no mention of you having posted links in the past :dontknow:

Can you confirm or deny? Just for clarification?

i have indeed posted links to ebay.

but i'm sure you will find them all within the above rules!  :lol:

BigandDaft said

Still dont get it as like i said there  have been loads of ads in there quite clear its the person sellin there own things so whos watchin those cant see the problem myself as like i said i look in there a lot and dont see the point in removing there ads.

Is there a reason why we cant advertise our vw things parts/car our selfs be it legal or is it just a club thing  :dontknow: dont do this computer thing well at all so dont know

as said eatlier, i did not make the rules, i have just volenteered my time to try and moderate the best i can.
i understand there will be some that slip though the net and others that wont.

i can just do what i can, i know you all appreciate it really  8)

Back to the top
I must say i haven't taken much notice of this in the past to be honest but this rule does seem an ass to say the least.

I will now be looking into it and asking questions in the committee section.

I feel the worry was that we would have loads of folk just becoming users to post links to their items on e-bay and then every section of the site could be swamped with e-bay ads for all sorts and very little being Mk1 based then this site would then be full of legitimate ebay Spam for want of another word.

I will take all the comments posted on here on board and see what can be done to come to a reasonable solution.

lets try folk not to make this personal  :wink:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

paul_c said

We're discussing the issue of making the rules more sensible/workable ……..bear with us  :wink:

*trundles off to start updating my thread in Cars & Projects  :nerd: *

Back to the top

BigandDaft said

as said eatlier, i did not make the rules, i have just volenteered my time to try and moderate the best i can.
i understand there will be some that slip though the net and others that wont.

i can just do what i can, i know you all appreciate it really  8)

Yeh i get what your sayin just dont know why those are the rules is it just club rules or is there a real reason and like paul said you could just get your mate to put your ad up.
I understand why oldspice is annoyed when his add was removed and others havent maybe just unlucky i guess and not really done just to anoy the guy which i think deep down he knows  :wink:  just thurstrated

It dunt fit

Back to the top
Well great response from that one.

Clear as daylight to me that this is a case of double standards. No more , no less.

I cannot accept this. You know you posted links for your own purpose and now wont let other people do the same.

I propose that the least you can do in the future is practise a one rule for all policy. And perhaps clarify what that rule is.

Or alternatively you could exercise a little bit of common sense and let people post any relevent links without interfering. I'm selling wheels (for a MK1) not smuggling people.

Best you can do….well I couldn't put that in print because it really would need moderating and might lead to you actually being useful.

Back to the top
Like already said this is currently under discussion and should be resolved for the best very soon.

I have to say that the issues raised here are valid and anyone arguing for progress gets my backing.

I don't much care who has fallen foul of the rules, the rules are unmanageable and almost impossible to moderate so there's nothing to prove here. Let's not let it turn in to a personal slanging match though as that doesn't serve anyone, least of all the club.

Give us a mo' and we'll revert to you asap.

Cheers

T

Back to the top

Tian said

Like already said this is currently under discussion and should be resolved for the best very soon.

I have to say that the issues raised here are valid and anyone arguing for progress gets my backing.

I don't much care who has fallen foul of the rules, the rules are unmanageable and almost impossible to moderate so there's nothing to prove here. Let's not let it turn in to a personal slanging match though as that doesn't serve anyone, least of all the club.

Give us a mo' and we'll revert to you asap.

T

Thank's Tian, I have no more to add. I have aired my grievance and thats all i wanted to do. My point I believe has been made, appologies to anyone who feels it is personal, it isn't. However I do believe it is in everyones interest to clarify the situation and make things easier and more manageable in the future. Common sense and fair play is all I ask.

Back to the top

oldspice said

Common sense and fair play is all I ask.

and this is what we are hoping to deliver :D

Thanks for bringing this out in the open this is the kind of thing that needs sorting I'm sure there are other issues out there that in time will need attention as well

Its good to have a very active committee as this situation has been very thoroughly discussed tonight in the committee section with all party's working together to come up with a solution which will be in the best interests of the club and its members, but we are also mind full that you ain't going to please everyone all the time :wink:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I made up that this point has been raised and it looks like the committe have realised the general motion of the members and have decided it needs to be discussed.  I hope to read some of your decisions shortly, nobody likes and over or under moderated forum.

Back to the top
I've fallen foul of this and it does annoy me that mine ad's have been pulled with no prior warning of a breach of the rules.

All I've had is a PM saying something along the lines of

"you've broken the rules - we've pulled your ad.

Thanks for your understanding"

Now it's the last line of that /\ that really peeves me off - 'thanks for your understanding', but yet I have no understanding of why it's been pulled.  :banghead:

I know you guys have added that to seem polite but to me it just reads as being patronising, as does excessive use of  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

You should know better  :wink: This forum wasn't just created for you to moderate :wink:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
The best way forward is for paying members only to be allowed to plug ebay mk1 merchandise.

Back to the top

wvw said

The best way forward is for paying members only to be allowed to plug ebay mk1 merchandise.

Thats a very good suggestion in my opinion and then maybe only a limited number allowed anyway ??

Back to the top
we did that with the cars for sale section.
it failed.

Back to the top

novocaine said

we did that with the cars for sale section.
it failed.

Absolutely right mate, it's a non-starter.

T

Back to the top
Why did it fail?

Back to the top

wvw said

Why did it fail?

I can't really go in to detail here mate as it would take far too long, suffice to say it was to do with managing ads, membership fees and the future of the car we all love.

I want to keep the club as open, upfront and honest as possible and although we need member benefits, selling your car on the site shouldn't be one of them, it flies in the face of what we are all supposed to be doing here.

T
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.