Skip navigation

I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

Back to the top

I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

whatalotafun said

ebay links are for items found that are not being sold by yourself.

this is not a way to plug your own item.

please note that ALL items in the for sale section MUST always have a price.

so i have removed your item as it is in breach of these rules.

many thanks for your understanding, Dean

Well, after reading the above, I really am not  happy. The wheels were originally posted with a price, they didn't sell, so i posted a link to ebay. Not exactly crime of the century - but hey Dean the rules is the rules.

As for plugging my own items you might want to check your own posts.

How many ebay mentions or links have you had in the past. The answer is definitely not none!!!!

Firstly the post was moved by Ans4r - another moderator - how come he doesn't have a problem and yet you, again do? Has the power of moderating gone to your head? Or is there something you know that we all don't?

Let me and everyone else know your thoughts Dean, and don't pm, i'll post it up anyway.

Back to the top
Gotta be a good reason mate i would have thought  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Well if there is let me know!

Only too happy to hear it!

Back to the top
Loads of people have bent the rules and posted eBay links to their own stuff. Even, without mentioning names, ex-chairmen!!! So its obviously perceived as okay to do? And also, MANY of these posts have been either missed or allowed to remain.

*If you're going to have rules, stick to them…..
* But if you're going to have funny rules, change the rule, not keep bending/ignoring them.

It doesn't help the average member if there's a lack of uniformity in these things.

Back to the top
To be fair i cant think of one.

BUT

I dont really know Dean i have met him once ages ago but he struck me as an alright bloke and he helped me out when he didnt have to i would not have thought there was any malice in it mate.

I guess you will have to wait until Dean reads this.

Back to the top
He'll probably move it somewhere else! Bet this is in violation of another rule!

Back to the top
TBH its not Dean, its whoever thought up the rule in the first place. Needs a swift change.

Back to the top

Re: I HAVE A BEEF!!!! BIG TIME

oldspice said

whatalotafun said

ebay links are for items found that are not being sold by yourself.

this is not a way to plug your own item.

please note that ALL items in the for sale section MUST always have a price.

so i have removed your item as it is in breach of these rules.

many thanks for your understanding, Dean

Well, after reading the above, I really am not  happy. The wheels were originally posted with a price, they didn't sell, so i posted a link to ebay. Not exactly crime of the century - but hey Dean the rules is the rules.

As for plugging my own items you might want to check your own posts.

How many ebay mentions or links have you had in the past. The answer is definitely not none!!!!

Firstly the post was moved by Ans4r - another moderator - how come he doesn't have a problem and yet you, again do? Has the power of moderating gone to your head? Or is there something you know that we all don't?

Let me and everyone else know your thoughts Dean, and don't pm, i'll post it up anyway.

I understand your position on this and it is something I'm looking in to. Ultimately the PM sent to you was with best intentions, accurate and polite in its manner, of that there can be no argument.

As Paul says we are having issues sorting through some of the less hard and fast rules but this is going to be looked at as the ebay forum WAS set up for MK1 items found and not to sell your own stuff. Unfortunately the forum rules are ambiguous and clarification is needed.

Spice mate if you can bear with me either myself or another Committee member will be in touch.

If you have any further problems or want to discuss it drop me a PM, I'm happy to talk and get some feedback.

Thanks

T :y:

Back to the top
How can he complain when he's done the same thing? Changes the context of the PM don't you think?

Back to the top

oldspice said

How can he complain when he's done the same thing? Changes the context of the PM don't you think?

Can you back that up with proof?

Back to the top
no one likes double standards spice……. one rule for one and one for another never works

dont know the in's and out's of it….. but if your right in what you claim not in the least bit surprised your a bit annoyed….

Back to the top
hi guys, there have been times wgen the rules have been bent. this usually involves an ittem being put up for sale and not selling and finaly the seller will ad onto the end of the original post a link to an ebay listing saying "now on ebay".
these have been let slide due to there being a price in the original post.

or there is the odd add that well e a link in the original post together with a "buy it now price"

these too have been let slide for the same reason (price is included)

however your post was a directlink to your ebay listing, this is not allowed even in the ebay links section.

when asked for a price to be added or it would be removed, you specifically told me to "remove it then".

if (as you said in your original post) you did have a "buy it now price" in mind, why didn't you just add it when asked.

i hope this answers all your questions.

P.S.
any ebay links that i may have put on here (please refresh my memory) that may have breached the rules, would have been made before i understood the rules myself and before i became a moderator.

Back to the top
It needs clarifying - are members allowed to include eBay links, simple YES/NO instead of if there's a price included, if there's a time delay then an extra post allowed (Cars FS - how can this be so? Since you're not allowed to reply to the post - editing?) How about certain ads which have had an eBay link included with them - have these all been moderated, if not how many have been missed?

Basically, eBay is with us like it or not - and people want to cross-link their own ads and the eBay listing - what's preventing the moderators from simply allowing it to happen, even if it were in a different section?

If not, then allowing someone to post SOMEONE ELSE's eBay listing (for information reasons, perhaps?) just seems a complete anomoly!

Back to the top
So can we plug somebody elses listing or say this looks intresting? but not put our own ads up for parts/cars we may have for sale on the bay but no nbuy it now price as there seems to be loads in e-bay section  :dontknow:

Just want to check as i dont know the rules in full and sounds strange, i always have a look in this section to see what bargins there is as people advertise there own things and say 99p starting, no reserve happy bidding.

It dunt fit

Back to the top
any ebay links that i may have put on here (please refresh my memory) that may have breached the rules, would have been made before i understood the rules myself and before i became a moderator.

So you never posted any links?

Back to the top

Raul said

oldspice said

Can you back that up with proof?

I don't think i'm the only one that read a listing for a particlar MK1 some time earlier this year?

Back to the top

spenny said

no one likes double standards spice……. one rule for one and one for another never works

dont know the in's and out's of it….. but if your right in what you claim not in the least bit surprised your a bit annoyed….

My point exactly!

Back to the top
Can you PM a mate who could 'list' the eBay item in the relevant section, therefore not breaking any of the current rules?

(See how silly the rules are now?)

Back to the top
Get rid of the "can't post your own ebay link" rule. It can't be policed anyway. You can't prove the seller is the same person on both sites.

Banner

Back to the top

BigandDaft said

So can we plug somebody elses listing or say this looks intresting?

this is something that cannot be moderated!

but when it clearly says that it belongs to you then it has to be moderated.

paul_c the rules are,

all for sale ad's MUST have a price. (if there is a link its fine)

and

ebay links must not be you own items.

hope that clarifies matters

(obviously ther are other rules too)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.