Skip navigation

TJM 822Y .. helious blue....

Back to the top

TJM 822Y .. helious blue....

slow progress , getting bits as i can afford them… bought a few more parts so hopefully get cracking again.
we have lift off………

a few new bits….

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
looks nice, great project…..love the wheels let me know if you dont plan on keeping them :wink:

my proj
http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…viewtopic&t=61710&start=0

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
looks good jim, cant wait to see it

1992 Pearl Green Clipper Cab - 16v (9a block, KR head, GSXR600 Carbs) :)

Back to the top
no real progress to report  but today i decided to top up with some fresh anti-freeze  due to freezing temps ..  anyway after sitting on a derbyshire hillside for over two years and then on my drive for another few months this little mk1 still fires up first turn of the key ….. sitting inside looking around it has reminded me what a little gem this car is  …underneath all the mildew and cobwebs   :mrgreen:

Back to the top
just gathering a few bits , hoping to have a few days on it over christmas.  got wishbones ready to replace old ones …..painted with hammerite and poly bushes fitted ….

Back to the top
ahh, painting on the kitchen worktop - the joys of being single eh??!!

Back to the top
:)  oh yes , nice and warm , spotlight and right next to the kettle

Back to the top
oops can't believe how long since i have posted in this thread, thanyou to ross for your help so far  ….
……….well  after the alarm/ immobilsor decided to have a mind of it's own i removed it , carefully tracking the wires …. mmnn….great car would now fire but cut out  straight away ..
………after hours re-tracing the wires, fuses and relays  in the cold and dark   i ended up fitting a new fuseboard and that cured the starting problem .
 then the front wipers wouldn't work so i stipped down another wiper arm and motor gave it plenty of WD40 …..refitted and hey presto , a little lubrication and it was back and forth like a good un ……
 well stage i'm at now is that it is all running and ready for the MOT …but my dilema is , i now have chance of a rallye engine . so do i keep it standard  or go supercharged  but keep all the standard bits if i ever decide to return to original ?
may consider selling wheel as thing of putting p-slots on ..

Back to the top

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
as you can tell don't know how to put pics up, but anyway…

I personaly would keep the standard 1.8 engine in.  But we are all different and ultimately it's your car, it's your choice.

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
:) ……..lol , it looks to be quite a common colour this mouldy green / blue with added cob webs .
 how are you getting on with yours ?

Back to the top
slowly!!!!!!!!

on the todo list it includes (as well as many other things)

replace fuel and brake lines.
Front discs and pads.
Rear drums and shoes.
front wishbones.
All bushes.
All CV Boots.
Wiper linkage.
Wing mirror.
sort running problems (WUR and AAV)
Paint!  (Welding has been done.)

and anything else that pops up.  It seems everytime i go out to do something another problem pops up!  My biggest problems include a lack of time, a lack of funds, a lack of knowledge and an extreme lack of ability!!  but i try, and i anjoy myself.

yours seems to be comming along though…

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top
mmnn..recognise that list,,,,on the brightside nights are getting lighter ,more time to tinker.  for my wiper linkage i needed to remove the motor and wd40  the arms and spindles ..

Back to the top
quik update , all ready to go for the MOT …..
         ..but may be for sale soon , need room for something else ….any interest pm me genuine offers  ,it  will come with 12months MOT, no tax   …

Back to the top

Re: TJM 822Y .. helious blue....

mk1jim said

just had it delivered, plenty of work to do but looks like a good starting point…..seem to recognise the reg plate ??

Jim,

Yes you may recognise the reg, this is my old gti that I used to take to shows.  It was featured in Volkswagen Audi Car May 1993 if I remember correctly.  I owned it from summer 1990 until easter 2003 when I sold it to a guy called Ben.  I posted a topic on this forum in Sept 2008 asking if anyone had seen it but no joy.  I just so happened to look at the forum today and there it is.  I am overjoyed.  Are you still selling?  I have loads of history on this car.

Ian

Ex 1982 Mk1 helious blue 1990-2003, TJM 822Y, help me find her! Current drive 2017 Porsche Macan GTS

Back to the top

RoadBoss said

What kind of wheels are those?

They are KBS which I won in a competition in Volkswagen Audi Car about 18 years ago, at the time they were big (15") but they look weedy now!

Ex 1982 Mk1 helious blue 1990-2003, TJM 822Y, help me find her! Current drive 2017 Porsche Macan GTS

Back to the top

mk1jim said

pleased to find that all is solid and wax oil has done it's job.

Yes I Wax oiled everything in sight when I had a bare metal respray done in about 1997 I think, the car was mint then.  I also fitted the poly bushes to the wishbones and the 90mm Autocavan stainless exhaust and Ansa down pipe and 4 into 1 manifold, I assume the manifold has gone now?

Ian

Back to the top
Anyone know what happened to TJM 822Y after this?

Back to the top
Anyone seen my old GTi lately?  I saw it pop up on Facebook a couple of months back, but then lost track again.  I would love to buy it back.

Ian

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.