Skip navigation

mars red 1.3 driver *PICS INSIDE*

Back to the top

mars red 1.3 driver *PICS INSIDE*

hi there, first off im jadyn aka jard..

really am buzzing still that ive got a mk1 golf, ive always wanted one since i was a little'en, got back a few hours ago after about a 6 hour around trip to collect it..

1983 mk1 3 door
mars red
1.3 driver
4months tax
10months mot

just had a full service, new brakes all round, oil and filter change, air filter, looks like a new cambelt and waterpump (by previous owner)

on the 130mile drive home it never missed a beat :D

Got some pics of it today, havnt cleaned/polished it yet, a mate of mine is mopping it as it has a few swirl marks which i want rid of but what 26 year car hasnt to be honest..

have to say the pictures do it some justice, it is a little rough around the edges, quite a few stone chips, front panel has quite abit of surface rust (not rotten), mark below the rear boot lock, and scratchs down the top of the drivers wing where it meets the bonnet at the front..

apart from the above its sound, sills are very clean, so are inner arches, boot floor and scuttle panel..

the first mod arrived:

can you spot it..

what about now..

hawaiian 'lei' from my rear view mirror..

and another pic for good measure..

and then these came a few days ago..

Borbet t's 7j front/8j rear

the toyos on the 8js are scrap, but i had the 195/45/14 rainsports put on the rear, and i bought some goodyear 175/50/14s on the front :)

had 5mins spare yesterday so thought it would be rude not to give the wheels a trial fit..

this how they looked..

and the new dustys.. (suite the car so well, as my lil sister calls it the lego car) LOL!

i have always been abit unsure if i want to find out whats underneath the gti arches, but today i bit the bullet and took one off to find…

this was after i gave them a little wipe over but still very solid :D

just thought i would add this lil pic my mate took the other day :)

touch wood the coilovers will be here tomorrow

:thumbs_up:

Back to the top
very nice mate  :D

Back to the top
Looks well in the pics 8)

Banner

Back to the top
very nice....

Back to the top
looks good mate :D

if it aint rubbing it aint dubbin!!

Back to the top
yo man! its b3an6030 from allcorsa ;) lol cars looking sweet :D any luck with the coilovers yet?

Back to the top
safe dude..

no info on the coilovers at all, they should have been here monday, ive been intouch with the place i got them from and they said they will track to see where they are today so, just have to wait and see, propa gutted as they should have been here and fitted now..

Back to the top
decided im going to do a few more bits before i fit the wheels and coilovers now, just need the weather to be half decent for me to crack on..

will keep everyone updated with info/pics…

Back to the top
update time, only a small one though, will be quite a few updates soon as ive been spending a bit of money on it..

anyways heres the few bits that ive done..

it had black trim on top of the doors which was abit tatty (can just make out the black trim in this pic)

anyway i took that off and it was well grubby underneath, mixture of dirt/glue..

with alot of elbow grease, and sore fingers the outcome was worth it..

took it down to have the middle box chopped out as it hung very low, also when they welded the straight through pipe in the twisted it all around so it sits alot higher without smaller exhaust rubbers..

plan to have a few more changes to the exhaust aswell soon..

and also did this..

before:

after:

quite a few updates to come soon, some small and some bigger..

hope you guys like.. :)

Back to the top
update:

replaced all the exhaust rubbers as they wer long overdue.

old & new

few changes to the interior, few more to come..

new chrome handles, and winders..

before:

after:

fitted the wheels, just hopefully the coilovers will be here soon..

'reppin' the standard ride hight!

:)

Back to the top
Love it, I like where this is going 8)

Back to the top
thanks bud..

thank fook the coilovers arrived just now, very poor service from hottuning (well for me it was) but they are here now so im happy about that, spoke to a mate of mine and im going down his garage thursday evening to fit them, atleast i wont get wet with the shite weather and ive got the ramps/tools at hand there..

also had a few more bits come this morning..

will get pics up asap :)

Back to the top
Looks pretty cool  :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
update once again..

bought me some new parcel shelf straps as it didnt have any when i bought the car..

new polished rocker cover nut and bolt kit for when i get the rocker cover and engine bits shot blasted and powder coated..

and finally after the 3 week wait (supposed to be 4 days), the coilovers finally came..

:D

Back to the top
Sweet! Get it in the weeds!!

Back to the top
awesome dude, really nice looking car. its gonna look hot slammed on those borbets!

do you mind if i ask how much you paid for it in that condition? looks like a minter! how many miles did it have on the clock? i'm only asking as i'm looking at gettin a Mk1 driver.. Mars red aswell but it's a bit rougher than yours - wondering how much i need to be looking at!

cheers, Chris

Back to the top
cheers guys..

i paid ?650 for it, its showing 48k on the clock but im not sure if thats genuine or not as i didnt have any service history with the car, but it runs/drives well and just had the cambelt and water pump done, aswell as a full service and new brakes all round..

whats the one your going to view like dude?

Back to the top
Looking good! I like seeing ones like this. Makes me realise how nice the Marrs red is and that i shouldnt spray mine white!

Back to the top

jard said

cheers guys..

i paid ?650 for it, its showing 48k on the clock but im not sure if thats genuine or not as i didnt have any service history with the car, but it runs/drives well and just had the cambelt and water pump done, aswell as a full service and new brakes all round..

whats the one your going to view like dude?

Mate.. bargain! What a find lol.

The one i'm goin to see is really nice - but the paintwork aint as good as urs. i only went for a 'preliminary viewing' kinda thing as the car was bought for my mate but he never learnt to drive! his dad wasnt there and so we werent allowed to try and see if it runs until his dad gets back so il be seeing all the paperwork and mileage etc then. but i'm pretty sure it's a minter and been in family since new! interior is lush, sitting in it is like going back in time 26years lol.

i've chucked a post up in this projects section aswell with pics.. called "My *potentially* new car" or something similar. Gonna be going to check it out again on saturday and try n get it running and on ramps etc, and if i can sort out a buyer for my Polo 6N i think i'll be having it! And I can't wait!

yours looks real mint tho mate, and i think ill follow the alloys + coilies route aswell! it must be done! lookin forward to more updates on ur thread!

Back to the top
update time..

got my new topmounts (as there was no point fitting the new coilovers with nakerd old ones, as the bearings had loads of play)

and i got up to this..

got to my mates garage at around 6pm and cracked on with a few things, pictures do the talking..

fitting the coilovers..

then put it on the four poster to do the tracking..

we was there from 6-11pm as we did a few more things..

painted the driver badge on the rear as it was faded..

rear tyres wer soooo close to the arch so we knocked up the rear arch lip where it was catching, and trimmed the plastic arch to suite, got quite abit more clearance from it and looks neat..

also fitted the other 'new' exhaust rubber in the middle, turned 2 exhaust clamps round, and chopped off part of an exhaust hanger, all in aid to get more clearance underneath..

THE END RESULT…

hope you like guys..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.