Skip navigation

Price guide

Back to the top

Price guide

To be honest Lawsy I have just had another look at the guide and think it does no favours for the club or enthusiast at all!!

Show me the true enthusiast with ?12k to spend on a Mk1 ?? Load of rubbish and pushes genuine enthusiasts out of the market.

Classics simply can't be valued according to a formula and I think this is where the main gripe is with the guide…Yeah it was fun when we first saw it but its origins were made clear and it was soley for the use of one individual!

The fact that people are approaching insurance commpanies with car values based on this guide is something that should concern the club.

No one will re-write it because no one buys enough Mk1's to really get into the detail.

Not ranting at you or trying to run down the club - I appreciate all the hard work you guys do and would happily have done my bit to help out.

In conclusion it should be removed and never referred to again. I know this will lead to many whats it worth posts but they can be nipped in the bud quite simply. Hey it might even put an end to loads of overpriced tat!!

Back to the top
Ooooops!

http://www.carandclassic.com/car/C87969/

Maybe the guide was right alll along!!  :P

Back to the top
where did the price guide come from anyway, is it a copy and paste from an old magazine?

Back to the top

DJ said

Ooooops!

http://www.carandclassic.com/car/C87969/

Maybe the guide was right alll along!!  :P

and from what i heard, that sold as well…

Back to the top

golf1 said

where did the price guide come from anyway, is it a copy and paste from an old magazine?

before my time I'm afraid..

there's a thread in club business about this now, so before its removed we need to get the votes from the clubs members as to their opinion.

TBH I've never looked at it, I'd value a car with my own eyes  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Back to the top
Feeling bad for being antagonistic on the forum! sorry Drew!!

From my point of view quite simply:

1) The guide is no longer relevant as it is outdated, fact

2) There is a danger of mis-interpretation

Again apologies to club people, I am sure you will do the right thing for the club in your thread.

I do still think that members/enthusiasts should have no problem anonymously inputting prices as they buy and sell - so that a true and current market guide could be established.

Obviously condition is subjective, but i think the variation caused by this would be subtle as value would have been agreed by both buyer and seller based on market conditions.

If i can help with data analysis then just let me know.

Hate maths and statistics BUT do love Mk1's and VW's!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.