Skip navigation

1977 Golf L Polar White

Back to the top

1977 Golf L Polar White

That is one seriously nice car my friend. Any chance of some interior pics?

Back to the top
It would be my pleasure, Ill be cleaning it all day today so ill post some pictures soon as thats done, its all black interior.. so its rather dark to shoot.. but ill try :D

Back to the top

lakesk8 said

timewarp condition looking golf there….

is it a swallowtail version too???

very very cool ride.

p.s. first dibs on your g60 steels :wink:

Nah its not a swallow tail, and as for the g60s i have someone already who might want em but if not ill pm you ;)

Back to the top

I only got this pic and i have still yet to clean the inside… so its still dirty   :oops: , and the photo doesnt do it justice.. its mint the matts are there to protect the carpet ;) and as you can see its very dark..

Back to the top
Mmmmmm! :D

More pics?  Are you taking it to Stan Hall?

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Yeah going to Stanford, but back to stock wheels etc :) no more pics atm sorry

Back to the top
Very nice. Love the interior and never seen those porsche wheels on a mk1 before. Wasnt sure about them at first but they are growing on me fast

Back to the top
Thanks Ross

I have been told there are only 3 known golfs in the world running these.. so pretty different :)

Back to the top
hello, thought i would post a couple of pictures of the car from the weekend ;)

Came 5th out of 8 in the concours :( still had a great time

Back to the top
It looked great!  Great to see the car in original untouched spec.  Best thing in the line up regardless of the judges!  What won bytheway?

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
I think the blue Cabriolet did. Was a wicked show really had fun :)

Back to the top
Ha Ha! Looks like mine apart from mines a 78 with a blue interior! That is mint matey, absolute gem! Loving those porsche wheels too, never seen em on a mk1, are they an aircooled fitment??

I can't believe how much it looks like mine, especially with the standard wheels, looks like someones finished the resto and nicked it!
Seriously nice car dude! respect.

You were asking about coilovers, tbh, i would go for the cheap ones on ebay, the hottuning ones, me and my mate have a set each and they have not given us any bother, they are actually more comfortable than the FK highsports i had on my polo. But if you do get them, make sure you waxoyl the threads as they can corrode!

:lol:  :lol:

'78 Golf LS 20vt

‘08 Mk5 Edition 30 DSG

Back to the top
Cheers man :D

Yeah the wheels are from an early aircooled porsche 356 but they have a different fittment to my beetle.

Cheers for the advice on the coilies , i went with Gmax in the end as they are still fairly cheapish.

ill have a look out for your car

Back to the top
Cool, cheers dude, the thread is 'project angus' if ya wanna take a peep?

Glad you got some coillies sorted dude, gonna be lookin forward to seeing this one on it's botty!

So if they are early aircooled wheels (different to beetles) what PCD are they if you don't mind my asking??

How did you get em to fit? Adaptors?

Cheers

'78 Golf LS 20vt

‘08 Mk5 Edition 30 DSG

Back to the top
yeah adapters and new brake drums at the rear, i think they are 4 by 130. But thats off the top of my head..

Project angus, ill have a look at that thread again! Looked a sweet car from what i remember, also zeibarted?

Cheeers

Back to the top
Hello,

Its been a while so i thought I would update. Coilovers fitted in the end. Big thanks to my friend James Cooch for putting in some major, major effort over the weekend. A true hero. :D

And to badman and bad-dad for lending us the compressors. :)

Went to Bristol Volksfest with Danny Smith and Tom from Team Wackel Dackel on Sunday. We met on the m4 and were lucky enough to miss all of the storms in the morning. Had a great show and got lots of compliments on the car..as well as a few offers..

Sadly i lost a hub cap on the journey :( But i am now running baby moons .

But i still had a great time :D

So pleased with how the car looks.  :D

Cheers for reading.

Future plans.. New grille ..

Back to the top
Seen this at Bris Volksfest, looks super clean 8)

Back to the top
thanks very much  :D

Back to the top
Looks lovely  :)

Whats wrong with your current grille?

Also, what coilovers do you have, and how are they?

Joe

Back to the top
You cant see from the pictures but its faded in places and has lost its colour etc.

The coilovers are gmaxx and so far so good :) Perfect what what i wanted which is just drop etc.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.