Skip navigation

Kamei Retro Racer mk1 build

Back to the top

Kamei Retro Racer mk1 build

i do wat i want so bugger off lol
im crap with computers pal so i dowt if i can find you pics sorry

Back to the top
It's ok dude it's jumped to page 3 now anyway lol  :wink:

Hopefully someone can find the decal for me after reading page 2.

Back to the top

fthaimike said

If anyone wants to join in and help me they could try to find a good picture of this exact BOSCH decal:

The middle one was taken from a blurry picture of the model decal but all three are hard to see but it is a BOSCH logo with a sparkplug & maybe "electronic"? underneath it.

Would be impressed and very thankfull if this decal was found as we have all the rest.

Mike

looks like just "electric" to me

Back to the top
found this, so i guess tamiya have got it for the decals on this:

*EDIT*
this should help you, sorry about the size but it is needed.
found it mate:

copy the location into the explorer bar and then you can zoom in

Back to the top
thanks that is a big help & much better picture so will pass it back to the printers as a better reference.

If anything the same is found elsewhere (non model) i would still love to see it but that is much better than what i have.

Mike

Back to the top
no probs mate, it's amazing what you can find when you search the right thing!

Back to the top
You can't see the logo any better but I thought I would post it anyway :lol:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
no but it does look nice!

Back to the top
good detective skills chaps  8)

all i could find was another model pic, taken from this thread….

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=883251

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
cheers all (my mate seems happy with what we have for copying the decal but keep any coming if you find the decal elsewhere).

james thanks for those pics mate, i had the rear one passed on to me the other day by the people that make the models but did not have the front one with it (another to add to the big collection lol).

I will have to ask to see where they were taken.

At 1st i thought it was when it went to the US as some extra sponsors but that german writing in the background threw me off.

Back to the top
Sorted  8)  , BOSCH directed me to their classic decals on ebay so i saved a pic:

Back to the top

Re: Retro Racer build

mmm,CHOCOLATE!!! 8)

Back to the top

fthaimike said

cheers all (my mate seems happy with what we have for copying the decal but keep any coming if you find the decal elsewhere).

james thanks for those pics mate, i had the rear one passed on to me the other day by the people that make the models but did not have the front one with it (another to add to the big collection lol).

I will have to ask to see where they were taken.

At 1st i thought it was when it went to the US as some extra sponsors but that german writing in the background threw me off.

I found the rear pic & it was called kamei02.jpg so tried typing 01 & the other pic came up ;)  Here is where I found it http://www.motor-mania.org/?cat=9 but it doesn't have any info about when or where.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
I spoke to the driver yesterday & he said they took the car to loads of automotive fairs so could have been any.

Would love that video that was playing in the background on the tv.

Back to the top
found this:

Back to the top
that is a scirroco with an X1 kit  :wink: , they made a lot of different bodykits for various cars.

http://website.lineone.net/~dr.dub/Kamei%20X1.htm

Back to the top
retro lovliness  :D

Back to the top
Thread has now been released (1st page link here) over on CGTI.

I thought it would be wrong for me not to comment there on the build when i have been on here.

Back to the top
I haven't touched the car in ages but we managed to get the rear harness/cross brace welded in today attaching it between the bottom of the cage, looks nice & strong with plenty of good weld.

Will get some pics up when i get a chance.

Also means i can crack on now with the inside of the car when i get another free day.

Back to the top

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.