Skip navigation

Mark 1 found- come along to see all 6!!!

Back to the top

Mark 1 found- come along to see all 6!!!

Who can we be mad at for discontinuing all the Mk1 Golf parts we need?  :dontknow:  :banghead:    :lol:

Back to the top
Thanks for the info & Pictures then pleassse :D:D

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top

Dom123 said

Who can we be mad at for discontinuing all the Mk1 Golf parts we need?  :dontknow:  :banghead:    :lol:

what is it you need? we  have obsolete parts here and around the group… thats just stuff thats been discontinued and hasnt sold.. if theres anything in particular you need i can try and find it.. or i could get you a list of what we have.. im sure we can help if we can!!

Back to the top
Desperately need a front number plate holder for the small chrome bumper Mk1 Golfs, 74-78 I think...

Back to the top

Dom123 said

Desperately need a front number plate holder for the small chrome bumper Mk1 Golfs, 74-78 I think…

am assuming you have tried ebay? we sell on there too thats all?

Back to the top
nothing on Ebay :(

Back to the top

Dom123 said

nothing on Ebay :(

had a chat with my manager.. hes gonna go and see if we have anything.. He did say that if you want anything that isnt discontinued and we can order it in for you he will offer some discount to you guys on here.. providing its paid for in advance.. What you think???

Back to the top
postage would then up the price though…

Could set something up for a discount at all the dealers?!

Back to the top

Dom123 said

problem being that dealerships are franchised (eg; des winks in scarborough has nothing to do with jct600 in york except they both sell VW.) you would have to get VW UK to agree the mk1 oc discount which even then would be optional to the dealers.

Back to the top

Dom123 said

postage would then up the price though…

POstage is would of course push the price up..

We can only offer the discount here.. but im sure something could be arranged. we could look at it as and when you need or want anything!!

Although we are part of a big group.. it was kinda something i asked my boss to do for you guys because you'd helped me out. However i can but ask.. you never know!!

Back to the top

bigdave said

Dom123 said

problem being that dealerships are franchised (eg; des winks in scarborough has nothing to do with jct600 in york except they both sell VW.) you would have to get VW UK to agree the mk1 oc discount which even then would be optional to the dealers.

That is a huge problem we have ourselves- its kind of dog eat dog!! Especially if you dont belong to the same group.. it is not something VW Uk would help with.. i struggle with them now. They kind of leave it to the dealers to make calls on such things.. as long as we follow there rules regarding stock, advertising, brand standards etc they leave you to make your own decisions…

Back to the top
I've found genuine VW parts in the past are sometimes cheaper than pattern parts anyway.  Certainly an excellent offer for the club!! :)

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

I've found genuine VW parts in the past are sometimes cheaper than pattern parts anyway.  Certainly an excellent offer for the club!! :)

I AIM TO PLEASE… JUST WANTED TO TRY AND DO SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS!!!

Back to the top

amy2008 said

Steve_Matthews said

Are you any good at fitting living room carpets? lol

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

amy2008 said

Steve_Matthews said

Are you any good at fitting living room carpets? lol

lOL.. No unfortunately!! Vw parts i can do.. Carpets no can do!!

Back to the top
that cracked me up steve :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

that cracked me up steve :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Well I've lost my stanley knife (and was far too wrecked last night) so if anyone wants to come around and lay a carpet, we'd really really appreciate it.  Ther'd be a cuppa in it for you ;)

Gone a bit off topic here hasn't it.

So is the R-line Mk6 going to be a bit like the old VR6/R32 cars?  If so, HURRAH!!

Back to the top
Amy, have Des Winks in Scarborough done a launch yet?

Back to the top
i work @ vw main dealer in carlisle, didnt notice there was a fancy launch lol shows how big it was here lol not even seen it!

when ya walk past them all time you stop paying attention lol

Back to the top
Hi Amy…. you have pm… Please check your messages  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.