Skip navigation

Scottish Mk1 meet.

Back to the top

Scottish Mk1 meet.

:(  :( looking like i wont be able to go to the meet :(  :( ,i was counting on having my rocco fixed & sold so i could get the cabby back on the road but i still can't find the problem with it so untill it is fixed the cabby will be off the road :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

Back to the top
failed MOT because wipers don't retrurn to start position when turned off!
How krap is that?
Hopefully ready this week.

Back to the top
Starting to look forward to this as its getting closer now. Just hope we get a nice day for it!

Back to the top

bpirie1000 said

PLEASE P.M. ME SO I CAN KEEP THIS PAGE UPDATED.  

ABERDEEN
1. BPIRIE
2. darth (SUBJECT TO RESTO)

DUNDEE
1.dundeedubber
2. Gav(not registered but fello mk1 'er)

BLAIRGOWRIE
1.golfchick867
2. ross_m

ELGIN

Who else can make it? Only 6 on the list so far!

Back to the top
Im coming but be pugin it! works slow on the mk 1 joys of a 26 year old car lol! :D

Livingston

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top
Glad you folks are still looking forward to it.

Things have changed alittle this end But Don't worry still going happening…………….

Mk1 Golf GTI Cabrio FOR SALE….. taxed ( 6 months)and tested( full year) New roof /Clutch/Brakes/fuel lines/Brake lines/Tyres/wheels/wheel bearings/track rod ends/(Located in Aberdeen ?1,800). Wife doesn't like driving it.

Another change is that I have to work Late shift that day. ( 1pm onwards)

But I shuold still be there at the start and half way up the trip…

I'll have more details for you soon. and I'll p.m. those who Might have forgotton or who might have thought this wouldn't happen…….

cheers.

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top
My roof might b fixed within t next wk or so, if not, i will come down with it taped up! Might take rav if its poor weather.

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top

bpirie1000 said

Glad you folks are still looking forward to it.

Things have changed alittle this end But Don't worry still going happening…………….

Mk1 Golf GTI Cabrio FOR SALE….. taxed ( 6 months)and tested( full year) New roof /Clutch/Brakes/fuel lines/Brake lines/Tyres/wheels/wheel bearings/track rod ends/(Located in Aberdeen ?1,800). Wife doesn't like driving it.

Thats a shame mate. Can't you just keep it for your own use?

golfchick867 said

My roof might b fixed within t next wk or so, if not, i will come down with it taped up! Might take rav if its poor weather.

Mine is leaking like a sieve just now. Am still building up motivation to have a bash at fitting my new roof but have decided i need to get the MOT out of the way at the end of March first so am just hoping for a sunny day so i can do the drive topless :)

Back to the top
What a shame, sounds like everyone has got one problem or another! Hopefully we will all get them sorted before the meet. Chin up everyone, life wid b boring if it was always straight forward!

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top

MOT God he say yes

Car  MOT'd
A bit of welding. Wipers still don't return to start point but hey.
Beep beep, flashy flashy, vroom vroom

Back to the top
Hi, Im from Dundee and really interested in this meet aswell.
Just wondering if any Dundee folk know the plans etc!?
Sounds like it'l be a good day :D

Back to the top
Hoping that i will still have a golf for this - would be a nice send off! If not i might just come along on my bike or in my new cincequento  :oops:  :oops:

Back to the top
meeting at the shephards rest in Westhill (Aberdeen) just past the tesco roundabout for 12 noon

Remember the clocks go forward the night before ………….

I'll not actually be there But I have someone on the case for the Dundee crew…….

Oh and MK1 Golf Cabrio GTi For sale………….(still)

Highland Regional host

Back to the top
Is it an option to suggest a reschedule of this meet to next month? :dontknow: Seems like no one will be there in their golf. I am in the process of hood replacement this week hoping to get it done for the weekend but I am away for 3 days and will be lucky to get it finished on time. What's everyone else thinking??

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
I should be able to make it on the 29th. What are the roads like? I will probably be bouncing the whole way there :lol: (coilovers)

Back to the top
:mrgreen: hood in progress, looking good so far. Still to cut out t back window.

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
I'm ready to roll.
What time at Glenshee and where about?
Got a new speedo so car has done 000000 miles

Back to the top
My hood is done! Bit crinkly but its on in a fashion. Thinking i might come down via braemar over the lecht if theres no snow! Anyone know what eta at glenshee yet? I am guessing around 2?

89 Clipper cabrio
06 GTi

Back to the top
Have a good meet everyone   :y:

Would have liked to have attended this. Hope the weather is kind to you. Remember & take plenty of pics for us poor unfortunate souls that can't make it :wink:

I'm off to pack my bag for Amsterdam, hopefully we can get a draw against the dutch  :pray:

25 of us have been raising money for the sick kids in Edinburgh by growing moustaches. Idea is to spend the next few days over in the Dam dressed up to look like graeme souness in the 1978 world cup…

Keep an eye out for us in the papers  :D

Back to the top
Right guys and gals.

Here is the plans.

Fist of all managed to change shift so no working till 5 (so that is good.)

Anyone travelling to meet us at glenshee were planning on being there at around 2-2.30( according to google maps)

So plan may be 10-10.30 at dundee ( travelling to aberdeen for 12 mid day leaving the shephards rest.)
OR
Meet everyone in the Ski car park at glenshee at 2-2-30.

If anyone is planning on attending if they can put their name on her eso no one gets left behind.

Cheers.

Highland Regional host
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.